Remember the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2016
Brother and Sisters,

Some say, “We do not have to keep the Sabbath. Because that is under the old covenant Jewish law!” Yet they want to pick and choose other laws for their gain, like tithing for themselves.

Really, who told you that you are naked and are not under the old covenant and laws? Because that is what you are saying! My King said, I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.

Though the second covenant is “new”, made by the Lord with his creation just as he did with Abraham. The foundation is old and unchanging as is the corner stone. Who said, I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. The sacrificial law for sin. To set you free from the bondage of sin and death.

Are we, then, abolishing law through faith? May it never be! Rather, we are establishing law (Romans 3:31).

So then, whose mouth and by what authority has this “change” of the Sabbath day to forget it become spoken and adhered to by followers of man? Tell me, what scripture supports this?

I tell you the truth, it is the mouth of the one who said, eat it, for surly you will not die? Sorry to offend, but If you say it is not, then please help me, share your talent that it may be weighed and measured against the word of God! Using the Holy scripture show me this teaching? Because this has been a journey for me by God to get here to this realization myself. Well, while we wait here is scriptures in the Bible proving the covenant and law does apply.

Remember our Lord said, For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Matthew 5:17

Matthew 12:8

Matthew 19 16-23
Do you not know the Lord knows the hearts of man? When this young man came to him what was his first statement/question?

Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? (You can do no good deed to earn eternal life, even in Judaism). Sacrifice only.

My Lord replied, and why do you call me good? There is only one good, God!
(Hinting at His authority the Father had given Him and who He was). For only God can forgive sins and thereby man have eternal life! Which is the authority given to Christ that we may honor the Son as we honor the Father John 5:22-23.

Knowing this man’s heart he said, keep the commandments. To which he knew the man would reply, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (He summarized them with the last statement). For he knew he lacked these things because he was very rich. Many are never satisfied because that is the way of the flesh. They want and want, and will take and take with no regard who they hurt. They covet, and hold tightly their treasure with greed and little regard for those with less. Because their heart and souls are empty and void for it hungers and is constantly fed of the world instead of God.

The young man said, all these things I have kept from my youth. What else do I lack? (Lie, with pride, no one can keep the commandments)

If you would be perfect, my Lord said, then go and sell all you have. Give it to the poor, and follow me. (The Lord knew how he would answer but gave him one last change to realize it, though he wouldn’t acknowledge his sin and repent)

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. (He stayed in the world because he loved its temporary pleasure on earth more than God). This is the way of the religious as well, because they do not want to see their sin. They deceive themselves like this young man. This is the lesson. I expanded k. This teaching because some try to use it for an argument why the Sabbath is not needed.

Read on part II

May 12, 2016
Continued..

For those why try and use this scripture. See, He didn’t say the other commandments…. so you dont have to follow them! The young man was Jewish, the others are implied. How do I know, he said he kept the commandments since he was a child. But which ones didn’t he mention? You mean, the other four whose summary is (Love the Lord your God). He also didn’t say about covering your neighbors goods, but that is covered by loving your neighbor. Well, be patient. Read on….

Exodus 20:8-11 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You know that is a whole lot of words and details for a commandment that some say doesn’t apply today. After all, why would we keep it? It only has to do with honoring God right? Which those who say they love Him would strive valiantly to do for the one they truly love.

Oh, that would just mess up the business model of control given to many of the christian religion churches by their father the catholic church! In fact, since man apparently have the authority to take what God said is His and change it. Can’t we just ignore and change not just one law? They would tell you, as the serpent told Eve, you will be like God, you can do what you want! You can kill, steal, cover your neighbors wife and know her! Why stop at one? Grace abounds!!! We have the authority obviously it’s party time! Lawlessness!! Lawlessness, come on everyone let’s chant!! God forbid!!!

https://www.askacatholic.com/_WebPostings/Answers/2015_01JAN/2015JanWhyDidTheChurchDoThis.cfm

Q: Who made the days?
Q: Who commanded this?
Q: Who hallowed that day?
Q: Who said, remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Q: What does that mean to remember?
Q: If you do the opposite and do not honor the Sabbath, is it still holy, do you still show honor to God and love Him? Or do you honor man and his teaching?
Q: What do the first four commandments teach?
Q: What is the greatest commandment?

Mark 12:28-34
https://harvest.org/know-god-article/loving-god-the-first-four-commandments/

Deuteronomy 5 12-15 12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

Moses reiterated God’s commandment for honoring the Sabbath. For it is He who sets you free, this was a foreshadowing of the new covenant of how Christ would set us free from the bonds of slavery to sin! Just as he set Israel free from Egypt! As he prophetically spoke in verse 15 above. Who set them free? The same one who set us free the Messiah, set them free. The same Messiah who is LORD of the Sabbath…. The Sabbath God, who you claim is your Father and that you “love” sanctified and said remember it. So that in Him you may find rest.

The Father who told you on both sides of the Commandments to Honor your Father and Mother. Do you know who your spiritual Mother is? Hint, you are born again through Him!

Or you can completely ignore Him, His commandments that He told you to follow, and kiss your father’s ring. Because he, the vicar de christi, is your lord and king. The term "vicar" comes from the Latin word vicarius, which means "instead of." A term the pope and church took for itself and their leader.

Arguments:
Some say, It’s because he rose on Sunday -not scriptural nor supported as admitted by the catholic church! This is an excuse.

This doesn’t mean you cannot worship him on Sunday too. Nor that you cannot make everyday committed to Him, you should. The question is do you? For those who love Him seek Him not just one day a week for rest, but everyday. Again, what is the Sabbath? A day of what? Matthew 11:28. It was a foreshadowing of Christ. For in him those who believe shall find rest.

Regardless, the day the Lord blessed and set aside for rest is Saturday that is the Sabbath. To follow another doctrine of man who had no authority to take what is not his and “change” the day and call that day holy, as only God has the authority can do? Well you know now who you are following. That choice is yours!

Funny how Adam followed Eve in eating the forbidden fruit, knowing what God had said. Then tried to blame Eve for giving it to him to eat when he is the one who took it and ate of it. Bet he wish he could have done that day over again! You still can!

Side note: For the church in Asia, I saw your teaching you did well in the break down of the history of the churches. There are two corrections for you, The Way, is not part of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Nor is it part of any man made church. They are a part of the true born again Spiritual Church and body of Christ. Not born out of and led by man, for man, but by His Grace, the Will and Hands of God. For His name sake Honor and Glory! Least any man boast! There are those that are found and saved within man’s church. As I was, but it wasn’t the church it was the person sent there, or sometimes in it, who is used by God that taught the true gospel word.

It was then by God providing understanding to the teaching leading to the repentance and salvation. Once you’re free then you will see, after that why would you return to Egypt? However, be warned most “churches” do not teach the gospel because thy don’t know how, Him or truly what that is!

The other correction Asia, The Way, does believe salvation has a sanctification process as foreshadowed and taught in the scriptures. However, they are saved just as the scriptures teach, immediately upon hearing the gospel, understanding it by the will of God. Believing it, having faith, causing repentance and immediate salvation and baptism by the Holy Spirit.

For it is God who brought them there for that moment to hear and believe! By the tools, instruments and vessels of God. All Glory is God’s alone!

After that you begin your journey in the desert to the promise land. That is where the sanctification process begins. You are already saved but you are a babe on milk. The Lord will put a hunger in you to seek, eat and drink the Word. That you may grow in wisdom and understanding so that you may become a newly formed vessel ready to be used by Him, for Him with all honor and glory to Him. For it is He who teaches you, it is He who reveals Himself to those who seek. It is He who guides you when you pick up your cross and follow Him. All Praise and Glory be to God and God alone!

Pop Quiz:
Whom do you honor, whom do you serve, whom do you love?
(A) man
(B) God

Mystery? May the Father and Son reveal it to whom They will!

For this is The Way!

Love, your brother in Christ

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Continued..

For those why try and use this scripture. See, He didn’t say the other commandments…. so you dont have to follow them! The young man was Jewish, the others are implied. How do I know, he said he kept the commandments since he was a child. But which ones didn’t he mention? You mean, the other four whose summary is (Love the Lord your God). He also didn’t say about covering your neighbors goods, but that is covered by loving your neighbor. Well, be patient. Read on….

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You know that is a whole lot of words and details for a commandment that some say doesn’t apply today. After all, why would we keep it? It only has to do with honoring God right? Which those who say they love Him would strive valiantly to do for the one they truly love.

Oh, that would just mess up the business model of control given to many of the christian religion churches by their father the catholic church! In fact, since man apparently have the authority to take what God said is His and change it. Can’t we just ignore and change not just one law? They would tell you, as the serpent told Eve, you will be like God, you can do what you want! You can kill, steal, cover your neighbors wife and know her! Why stop at one? Grace abounds!!! We have the authority obviously it’s party time! Lawlessness!! Lawlessness, come on everyone let’s chant!! God forbid!!!

https://www.askacatholic.com/_WebPostings/Answers/2015_01JAN/2015JanWhyDidTheChurchDoThis.cfm

Q: If you do the opposite and do not honor the Sabbath, is it still holy, do you still show honor to God and love Him? Or do you honor man and his teaching?

Deuteronomy 5 12-15 12 “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

Moses reiterated God’s commandment for honoring the Sabbath. For it is He who sets you free, this was a foreshadowing of the new covenant of how Christ would set us free from the bonds of slavery to sin! Just as he set Israel free from Egypt! As he prophetically spoke in verse 15 above. Who set them free? The same one who set us free the Messiah, set them free. The same Messiah who is LORD of the Sabbath…. The Sabbath God, who you claim is your Father and that you “love” sanctified and said remember it. So that in Him you may find rest.

The Father who told you on both sides of the Commandments to Honor your Father and Mother. Do you know who your spiritual Mother is? Hint, you are born again through Him!

Or you can completely ignore Him, His commandments that He told you to follow, and kiss your father’s ring. Because he, the vicar de christi, is your lord and king. The term "vicar" comes from the Latin word vicarius, which means "instead of." A term the pope and church took for itself and their leader.

Arguments:
Some say, It’s because he rose on Sunday -not scriptural nor supported as admitted by the catholic church! This is an excuse.

This doesn’t mean you cannot worship him on Sunday too. Nor that you cannot make everyday committed to Him, you should. The question is do you? For those who love Him seek Him not just one day a week for rest, but everyday. Again, what is the Sabbath? A day of what? Matthew 11:28. It was a foreshadowing of Christ. For in him those who believe shall find rest.

Regardless, the day the Lord blessed and set aside for rest is Saturday that is the Sabbath. To follow another doctrine of man who had no authority to take what is not his and “change” the day and call that day holy, as only God has the authority can do? Well you know now who you are following. That choice is yours!

Funny how Adam followed Eve in eating the forbidden fruit, knowing what God had said. Then tried to blame Eve for giving it to him to eat when he is the one who took it and ate of it. Bet he wish he could have done that day over again! You still can!

Side note: For the church in Asia, I saw your teaching you did well in the break down of the history of the churches. There are two corrections for you, The Way, is not part of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Nor is it part of any man made church. They are a part of the true born again Spiritual Church and body of Christ. Not born out of and led by man, for man, but by His Grace, the Will and Hands of God. For His name sake Honor and Glory! Least any man boast! There are those that are found and saved within man’s church. As I was, but it wasn’t the church it was the person sent there, or sometimes in it, who is used by God that taught the true gospel word.

It was then by God providing understanding to the teaching leading to the repentance and salvation. Once you’re free then you will see, after that why would you return to Egypt? However, be warned most “churches” do not teach the gospel because thy don’t know how, Him or truly what that is!

The other correction Asia, The Way, does believe salvation has a sanctification process as foreshadowed and taught in the scriptures. However, they are saved just as the scriptures teach, immediately upon hearing the gospel, understanding it by the will of God. Believing it, having faith, causing repentance and immediate salvation and baptism by the Holy Spirit.

For it is God who brought them there for that moment to hear and believe! By the tools, instruments and vessels of God. All Glory is God’s alone!

After that you begin your journey in the desert to the promise land. That is where the sanctification process begins. You are already saved but you are a babe on milk. The Lord will put a hunger in you to seek, eat and drink the Word. That you may grow in wisdom and understanding so that you may become a newly formed vessel ready to be used by Him, for Him with all honor and glory to Him. For it is He who teaches you, it is He who reveals Himself to those who seek. It is He who guides you when you pick up your cross and follow Him. All Praise and Glory be to God and God alone!

Pop Quiz:
(A) man
(B) God

For this is The Way!

Do you work 6 days a week?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Really, who told you that you are naked and are not under the old covenant and laws?
Who said Christians are under the Old Covenant? And who said Christians must observe the 7th day Sabbath? Evidently you have ignored what is revealed in the New Testament (Covenant).

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Who said, I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.
Do you know that because Christ fulfilled the Law that He established the New Covenant? So in fact your post is not only stirring the pot but also opposing God and Christ.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Continued..

Arguments:

Pop Quiz:
(A) man
(B) God

For this is The Way!

A vast amount of text to demonstrate nothing but your ignorance of the New Covenant when it comes to the sabbath and God's law. You mix grace with law and so end up in confusion. The writer to the Hebrews calls the Law the shadow. I choose to live in the light.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

God said in the Old Testament He would speak to these people with stammering lips, and another tongue, and this is the rest whereby you may cause the weary to rest which is when they receive the Holy Spirit for it is spiritual rest in the New Testament.

Which Jesus said He will give your souls rest.

Which Jesus took away the physical ordinances of Israel nailing them to His cross for they were contrary to us for they had no bearing on spiritual salvation, so let no person judge you of the sabbath days for they were a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ.

Which the Old Testament was a physical covenant with a physical sabbath, and they celebrated this physical Earth, but the New Testament is a spiritual covenant, and Jesus went away to prepare a place for the saints that is a spiritual place so the saints celebrate that spiritual Earth.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The saints celebrate the new Earth that Jesus is preparing and do not belong to this Earth so it is a spiritual sabbath in the New Testament by the Holy Spirit.

It is a spiritual rest and not a physical rest.

You are obeying the sabbath when you receive the Spirit and that spiritual rest.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I understand a state of fulfillment is that state of being where there is nothing missing, you have everything you want or need. If i doctor writes a prescription for 30 tablets, does the pharmacist give you 20 tablets and expect you to come up with the remaining 10?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Who said Christians are under the Old Covenant? And who said Christians must observe the 7th day Sabbath? Evidently you have ignored what is revealed in the New Testament (Covenant).
From the Seventh Day Adventist
28 Fundamental Beliefs

18. The endowment of prophecy:

This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This blessing is a hallmark of the surviving church, and it was clear in the Ellen G. White ministry..
Ellen G. White was a false prophetess and many of her teachings are a mixture of truth and error.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Ellen G. White was a false prophetess and many of her teachings are a mixture of truth and error.
Yes, I think that our forum has many from the Hebrew Roots religion and a few Seventh Day Adventists. I posted the likely source to answer your question.

Revelation 22

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
we are establishing law (Romans 3:31)
The full verse is "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law."

To understand what it means to establish the law we must understand the purpose of the law. This is the purpose in light of the revelation of Jesus Christ:

"What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator."

The law was meant to preserve the people through whom the Seed, singular meaning Christ, would come. Furthermore, Paul writes about the law from the perspective of a Jew:

"..the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we (meaning the Jews because Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were never under the law) were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, (Here tutor is a poor translation. The original Greek is best translated as "school master". A school master did not teach. He merely gathered the children from house to house to take them all to school.) that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor."

This is simple, right?: when the children arrive at school there is no longer the need for a school master: the children safely arrived at their destination.

The law served to set limits to the reach of sin. If sin always equaled the death of the sinner then man would have been wiped out in one generation. The law put legal limits on sin's affect upon the people where sacrifice and penance would be required. Sin always meant death but one's death could be substituted by the death of an animal or the giving upon of life sustaining food or supplies. Because, see, the law was meant to preserve the people. To its end, the law was designed to preserve the people through whom Christ would come. Once Christ appeared, then people could be reconciled to God the Father through faith once more.

"Abraham believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness".

This is how the "law was established" among the Romans: they were alive in Christ by faith, and Christ was alive in creation through the law. He was the Seed that came through the preservation of the people through the law.

By these two witnesses: 1) That Christ the Seed had appeared and 2) that men could be brought to God by faith in the One He sent, the law is established. It accomplished its intended purpose and is proven to be holy.

This is what "we establish the law" means. Christ's appearance and our faith is Christ establishes that the law performed its intended duties.

Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. We are no longer under the law.

May 12, 2016
Good discussions!

Brothers and Sister,

There seems to be some misunderstanding about what I was conveying concerning the Sabbath.

Let me be clear, the Catholic Church had no right to change the sabbath to Sunday. If those who say they are no longer part of her, observe her laws, seasons and church process in preaching. Then you are following the doctrine of them, not of God. You are daughters of her. The true sabbath should be observed. Of all the moral law commandments to observe, can anyone say, this one isn’t the simplest one to keep?

However, what I was referencing in regards to rest, which might have caused some confusion yet understood by others too, is what the sabbath is, rest in Christ. He is the Lord of the Sabbath. He taught us, come to me all who are weary and heavy burdened and you find rest in Him. To honor one’s Father and Mother is to do as He has commanded. Not what man has ordained. That is anti God.

The point about rest, as some have pointed out, is you should seek everyday to be with Him and find rest in Him. As that is what will happen. However, that does not negate to ensure one day, one special day God ordained is not kept. Just like it wouldn’t negate not coveting, or stealing and so on. That day from sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday. You should both spiritually and physically rest. To honor your Father. But how?

Reflect on what God has done for you. Reflect and give him glory for your clean water, the roof over your head if you have one. The food you have to eat. The clothes you have to wear. The job you have to provide for your loved ones inside and outside the body. Which you should do every day! It is a time to also pray, read the scriptures and meditate upon it saying, speak Lord your servant is listening. Coming together in conversation and communion praising God for what He has done for you, to you, and through you for His name sake.

Remember for there are many inside and outside the body with very little of these things. What a glories time to go out and help a sheep, ox, or son that has fallen into the pit with what God has blessed you. With a happy heart, a joyous heart to be able to help another in need.

Love to you all, a brother in Christ

May 12, 2016
Interesting concept brother, so you will be ok if someone comes and kills your kids, steals your car, and takes your money?

May 12, 2016
Yes, I think that our forum has many from the Hebrew Roots religion and a few Seventh Day Adventists. I posted the likely source to answer your question.

Revelation 22

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Yes that is true and it is written, and I am not saying brothers and sisters you should become a seventh day, or any other religion, just a follower of Christ because He is the way. Which He taught is the from the foundation of the world. Which was clarity on the laws of man vs the laws of God.

May 12, 2016
Brother, Not saying become an advent, or anny other religion of man. I also said, some follow the Sabbath, but they also add laws and rules just as the old Jewish religion did.

May 12, 2016
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

God said in the Old Testament He would speak to these people with stammering lips, and another tongue, and this is the rest whereby you may cause the weary to rest which is when they receive the Holy Spirit for it is spiritual rest in the New Testament.

Which Jesus said He will give your souls rest.

Which Jesus took away the physical ordinances of Israel nailing them to His cross for they were contrary to us for they had no bearing on spiritual salvation, so let no person judge you of the sabbath days for they were a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ.

Which the Old Testament was a physical covenant with a physical sabbath, and they celebrated this physical Earth, but the New Testament is a spiritual covenant, and Jesus went away to prepare a place for the saints that is a spiritual place so the saints celebrate that spiritual Earth.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The saints celebrate the new Earth that Jesus is preparing and do not belong to this Earth so it is a spiritual sabbath in the New Testament by the Holy Spirit.

It is a spiritual rest and not a physical rest.

You are obeying the sabbath when you receive the Spirit and that spiritual rest.
Brother Well said!! You are and you do however, when you also have the day which the Lord blessed, and since we also should keep the morale law, which Christ reiterated keeping to he rich boy looking for affirmation from Him. He also said I have not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Then also we should ensure we take one whole day to commune with the Father and our brothers and sisters. Inside and outside the body. He also said, as did brother Paul, how can someone say we do not have to keep the law and and continue to live in sin after being set free? For if you love me, keep my commandment said my Lord. Which ones, see the rich boy who asked the same question.

May 12, 2016
Interesting concept brother, so you will be ok if someone comes and kills your kids, steals your car, and takes your money?
Out of the old covenant came the new from its foundation. When Christ taught, what laws did he quote back tot he boy who said which ones should I keep? Christ said I have not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.