Replacement theology? Yes or No.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
The Bible really is about Jesus, that is why John calls Jesus the "word", who was in the beginning with God.
"All things were made by him" because God creates by speaking things into existence, i.e. "let there be light".
If our focus is on Christ when we read the Bible we are applying a Biblically justified bias.
I am used to studying passages and calmly considering which of the possible interpretations best match the rest of the Bible, but now I meet you and it is like having a mad parrot in a box screaming "this has gotta mean that" and "that has gotta mean this", and it is all directed by your un-Biblical bias towards modern Israel.
It seems almost as if you think the Bible is the West Bank.

Why were you so adamant that the seed of the woman in Genesis 3:15 is not Jesus?
It seems logical that it would be the one who can defeat Satan.

I read the Bible for what it says. I don't have to spin it like others try to do. I have shared extensive verses with you and you didn't want to read them or research them. That's on you. Your borderline anti-semitism is interfering with the way you're reading my posts.

I didn't say that the seed of the woman wasn't Jesus. I told Churchgoer that the woman being spoken about and to in Genesis 3:15-16 was Eve, NOT MARY. Yes, it is absolutely logical that Jesus would be the seed to conquer Satan. I don't know how Catholics cherry picked all the verses they did to try to spin Mary into anything other than the mother of Jesus. Jesus should have given everyone that clue in Matthew 12:46-50.

--
 
  • Like
Reactions: cv5
LOL 113 is the highest points credited in this software to anyone, as that even matters.
How ridiculous.

Each and every verse must be exegeted in context using correct hermeneutics.

That you argue this basic principle, informs me you are not a serious student of scripture or any text for that matter.

Since conversation with you typically devolves, I am moving on.
Well if you are "serious" please inform us of the message of the account of the two prophets in 1 Kings 13, culminating in 2 Kings 23:16–18.

Oh don't bother I know perfectly well that you don't know or care much either.
But here is food for thought:

1) The bones burned on the altar represent the second death—the Lake of Fire described in Revelation 20:14–15.

2) The bones preserved by Josiah represent redemption and restoration. Their preservation becomes a picture of resurrection rather than eternal destruction.

3) The unnamed prophet's body placed upon a donkey and subsequently buried in another man's tomb anticipates Christ's entry into Jerusalem upon a donkey and His burial in Joseph of Arimathea's tomb (John 19:38–42).

**********************************

Yes dear lady, there is a difference between those who DO care to know, and those who don't really give a hoot but rather are selling their own formula of religion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Revelation1v8
I read the Bible for what it says. I don't have to spin it like others try to do. I have shared extensive verses with you and you didn't want to read them or research them. That's on you. Your borderline anti-semitism is interfering with the way you're reading my posts.

I didn't say that the seed of the woman wasn't Jesus. I told Churchgoer that the woman being spoken about and to in Genesis 3:15-16 was Eve, NOT MARY. Yes, it is absolutely logical that Jesus would be the seed to conquer Satan. I don't know how Catholics cherry picked all the verses they did to try to spin Mary into anything other than the mother of Jesus. Jesus should have given everyone that clue in Matthew 12:46-50.

--

I understand you on Gen 3:15 now, that is ok.

You have shared extensive verses and interpretations with me now, and I already know how you think.
You have been grabbing at anything that could possibly be used to promote modern Israel without regard to any other possible meaning.
Truth is not you highest priority, modern Israel is.
People have been studying the Bible free of that distraction for nearly 2000 years, and I have found that writers of former times had a far more balanced approach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OMC and Churchgoer
I understand you on Gen 3:15 now, that is ok.

You have shared extensive verses and interpretations with me now, and I already know how you think.
You have been grabbing at anything that could possibly be used to promote modern Israel without regard to any other possible meaning.
Truth is not you highest priority, modern Israel is.
People have been studying the Bible free of that distraction for nearly 2000 years, and I have found that writers of former times had a far more balanced approach.

The reason I have been able to provide you with SO MANY VERSES is because there are SO MANY VERSES IN THE BIBLE that talk about it, which shows your limited knowledge of the Bible as a whole.

As for your comment about dispensational premillennialism being a distraction for nearly 2,000 years, that's because the earliest church believed in it, but the Catholic church bastaradized it like they do everything else. I know you've already seen my previous posts about that, so do you want me to pull them out again showing who the earliest church fathers were that believed the same way I do?! I didn't think so.

--
 
  • Like
Reactions: cv5
I understand you on Gen 3:15 now, that is ok.

You have shared extensive verses and interpretations with me now, and I already know how you think.
You have been grabbing at anything that could possibly be used to promote modern Israel without regard to any other possible meaning.
Truth is not you highest priority, modern Israel is.
People have been studying the Bible free of that distraction for nearly 2000 years, and I have found that writers of former times had a far more balanced approach.
Distraction? How about the absolute focus and bullseye of all "end-time" prophecy and geopolitical global attention beginning at ohhhhh say 1917 and then 1948 and then 1967 and so on and so forth.

Oh and BTW, this present "state" of Israel (now realized per Ezekiel 37) is inextricably conjoined sequentially and prophetically to the future REDEEMED and RESTORED "state" of Israel per Ezekiel 39-48.

Indeed, the only "distraction" going on around here is that of your own making and inclination.

Eze 39:22 - So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

Eze 39:28 - Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

Eze 39:29 - Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Revelation1v8
The reason I have been able to provide you with SO MANY VERSES is because there are SO MANY VERSES IN THE BIBLE that talk about it, which shows your limited knowledge of the Bible as a whole.

As for your comment about dispensational premillennialism being a distraction for nearly 2,000 years, that's because the earliest church believed in it, but the Catholic church bastaradized it like they do everything else. I know you've already seen my previous posts about that, so do you want me to pull them out again showing who the earliest church fathers were that believed the same way I do?! I didn't think so.

--

Ah, why not? I decided to pull out my list again for good measure:

@Beekeeper, Remember this one?

Fine, if you want me to repeat myself AGAIN, I will. The earliest church fathers believed in a literal Millennial Kingdom on earth before it was made permanent in Heaven. The only purpose it serves is for God to fulfill his promises to His original people of Israel, even if Gentiles are included in it.

  • Epistle of Barnabas(c. AD 70–132)
    • Epistle of Barnabas 15:4–5: "Attend, my children, to the meaning of this expression, 'He finished in six days.' This implieth that the Lord will finish all things in six thousand years, for a day is with Him a thousand years. And He Himself testifieth, saying, 'Behold, to-day will be as a thousand years.' Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished. And He will truly rest on the seventh day."
    • The first and only Apostolic Father who expressly teaches a pre-millennial reign of Christ on earth.
  • Clement of Rome(c. AD 30–100)
    • Wrote 1 Clement (c. AD 95). While he does not give an extended millennial treatise, he is consistently listed among the earliest premillennialists. His writings echo the expectation of Christ's visible, glorious return and reign. He is cited in the pre-300 AD list of fathers who primarily believed in a literal millennium.
  • Ignatius of Antioch(c. AD 35–107)
    • Bishop of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John. Tradition records him as a premillennialist. He was martyred (thrown to the lions) in AD 107. His letters emphasize the bodily resurrection and the coming kingdom.
  • Polycarp of Smyrna(c. AD 70–155)
    • Bishop of Smyrna, disciple of the Apostle John. Tradition records him as a premillennialist. He was martyred by burning in AD 155.
  • Papias of Hierapolis(c. AD 60–130)
    • "Hearer of John," taught a literal thousand-year earthly kingdom after the resurrection. Recorded by Eusebius (Ecclesiastical History 3.39): "There will be a millennium after the resurrection of the dead, when the kingdom of Christ will be set up in material form on this very earth."
    • Also recorded by Irenaeus (Against Heresies 5.33.3–4): Papias taught "that those who believed in our Christ would dwell a thousand years in Jerusalem; and that thereafter the general, and in short, the eternal resurrection and judgment of all men would likewise take place."
    • He claimed to have received this teaching from those who knew the apostles, and taught a vivid, material millennium with abundant fruitfulness.
  • Justin Martyr(c. AD 100–165)
    • Dialogue with Trypho, chapters 80–81: "But I and whoever are at all points right-minded Christians know that there will be a resurrection of the dead, and a thousand years in Jerusalem, which will then be built, adorned, and enlarged, as the prophets Ezekiel and Isaiah and the others declare."
    • Also: "And further, there was a certain man with us, whose name was John, one of the apostles of Christ, who prophesied, by a revelation that was made to him, that those who believed in our Christ would dwell a thousand years in Jerusalem; and that thereafter the general, and in short, the eternal resurrection and judgment of all men would likewise take place."
    • Justin explicitly tied a literal interpretation to being an orthodox Christian.
  • Irenaeus of Lyons(c. AD 130–202)
    • Disciple of Polycarp, who knew the Apostle John. Against Heresies, Book 5, ch. 28: "For in as many days as this world was made, in so many thousand years shall it be concluded. And for this reason the Scripture says: 'Thus the heaven and the earth were finished, and all their adornment. And God brought to a conclusion upon the sixth day the works that He had made; and God rested upon the seventh day from all His works.' This is an account of the things formerly created, as also it is a prophecy of what is to come. For the day of the Lord is as a thousand years; and in six days created things were completed: it is evident, therefore, that they will come to an end at the sixth thousand year."
    • Against Heresies, 5.33.3: He defended Papias' millennial teaching and warned against allegorizing: "If, however, any shall endeavor to allegorize prophecies of this kind, they shall not be found consistent with themselves in all points."
    • He interpreted the number 666 as "a summing up of the whole of that apostasy which has taken place during six thousand years."
    • He maintained that when the faithful departed are raised, they will reign with Christ for a thousand years of bliss on the renewed earth.
  • Tatian(c. AD 120–167)
    • Of Assyria, a student of Justin Martyr. Maintained a chiliastic position. His works are mostly lost, but he is consistently listed among the premillennial fathers of the second century.
  • Melito of Sardis(c. AD 170)
    • Bishop of Sardis. Maintained a chiliastic position. His works are mostly fragmentary, but he is recorded as holding to the millennium.
  • Theophilus of Antioch(c. AD 115–181)
    • Wrote one of the first accounts of primitive church history. Spoke of a millennial state which is "intermediate between earth and heaven."
  • Tertullian(c. AD 155–240)
    • An enthusiastic Chiliast. On the Resurrection of the Flesh and Apology 39: He pointed not only to the Apocalypse but also to the predictions of the Montanist prophets. He wrote: "But we do confess that a kingdom is promised to us upon the earth, although before heaven, only in another state of existence; inasmuch as it will be after the resurrection for a thousand years in the divinely-built city of Jerusalem, 'let down from heaven,' which the apostle also calls 'our mother from above.'"
    • He described the millennium as a time of "immoderate carnal banquets" (though this was his critique of the more extreme Chiliasts).
  • Hippolytus of Rome(c. AD 170–235)
    • Commentary on Daniel and Refutation of All Heresies: "He expressly mentions his belief in the thousand years, following judgment and the resurrection 'of the righteous, who have lived from the beginning, will be engaged among men a thousand years.' In the Epitome again notes that Christ will reign in the Holy City with the righteous for a thousand years. In addition, that Satan will 'be imprisoned, that the world may receive peace, and the earth, harassed through so many years, may rest.'"
  • Cyprian of Carthage(c. AD 200–258)
    • Subscribed to the millenarian doctrine. All three Western fathers of his era—Cyprian, Hippolytus, and Victorinus—subscribed to millenarianism.
  • Commodian (Commodianus)(c. AD 240)
    • Of North Africa. Instructions of Commodianus 43–44: "They shall come also who overcame cruel martyrdom under Antichrist, and they themselves live for the whole time, and receive blessings because they have suffered evil things; and they themselves marrying, beget for a thousand years."
    • He also wrote that for a thousand years "flames on the nations, and the Medes and Parthians" will burn before "they are delivered over to Gehenna."
  • Victorinus of Pettau(c. AD 270–330)
    • Commentary on the Apocalypse: "Despite his spiritualist exegesis, Victorinus supposedly professed millennialism in its crudest form, and for this he was much criticized." He connected the millennium with six thousand years of world history.
  • Lactantius(c. AD 250–325)
    • Tutor in the courts of Diocletian and Constantine. Institute of Divine Knowledge, 7:14, 25: "But when the thousand years shall be completed, the world shall be renewed by God, and the heavens shall be folded together, and the earth shall be changed, and God shall transform men into the similitude of angels, and they shall be white as snow; and they shall always be employed in the sight of the Almighty, and shall make offerings to their Lord, and serve Him for ever."
    • He believed and taught a six-thousand-year history followed by one thousand years of Christ reigning on earth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cv5
Why do you attribute these things to me? I've denounced the October 7th actions and the people responsible for them.

I don't, I was asking if you attribute that to us. The "they" in your comment.

Both things can be true at the same time:
1. Natural Israel is killing some people indiscriminately.

They aren't...




2. Islamists are necessarily terrorists.

They are...



A victim of propaganda cannot properly judge matters: there is only approval or derision.

Exactly, they don't know facts from what is fake. That is why we are bringing facts to this thread so they can learn the truth.




The narrative from Israel is coercive: “I'm so proud of our relations with our Christian brothers and sisters..." (Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister). This, from a people who reject Christ and our Father. What fellowship do we have with anyone who rejects Christ?

So, by what judgement are we siblings to natural Jews? Certainly not by the Holy Spirit.

IDK, Ask Paul "I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race"...

"Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God did not reject his people..."


Paul loved the Jewish people and that God had not rejected them.



And even if you believe that a day of redemption will come to Jews because of their natural lineage (I do not believe this), Paul is clear about their current standing:

"Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account..."


28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.




They work against you, if indeed you are in Christ. They oppose the gospel that will save them and the carriers of the message of salvation.

Just as YOU who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cv5