Replacement theology? Yes or No.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Then what religious denomination do you come from?

Weren't you the one who thought that Genesis 3:15 was referring to Mary instead of Eve?

Unless, you can state where you are getting these ideas, I have every right to believe what I do. You've been deceitful in the past and I've spoken to COUNTLESS Catholics who use the same tactics you do.

--

I have been wanting to continue our conversation from where we left off, but have not wanted to come in to the middle of a dog fight.
It is pointless to address any differences here if it does not result in a meaningful exchange of thoughts, which hopefully we are all here for.
If continuing this thread is what we wish to do, some sort of reconciliation will need to be sought between some persons.
You might not feel that you have it in you to apologize directly to @Churchgoer at this point, and nobody has the right to ask you to apologize for any of the things that you honestly believe to be true, but it is important also to respect her basic rights.
A persons right of choice on whether or not they disclose personal details about their past is basic "love your neighbor as yourself" level stuff.
Even on this forum there are people who chose to restrict access to their profiles, and they have every right to do so.
Anyway I leave that one with you.
If "sorry" is too difficult a word to say at this point, I still hope you can find it within you to seek some kind of reasonable reconciliation.
May the spirit of God be among us.
 
I have been wanting to continue our conversation from where we left off, but have not wanted to come in to the middle of a dog fight.
It is pointless to address any differences here if it does not result in a meaningful exchange of thoughts, which hopefully we are all here for.
If continuing this thread is what we wish to do, some sort of reconciliation will need to be sought between some persons.
You might not feel that you have it in you to apologize directly to @Churchgoer at this point, and nobody has the right to ask you to apologize for any of the things that you honestly believe to be true, but it is important also to respect her basic rights.
A persons right of choice on whether or not they disclose personal details about their past is basic "love your neighbor as yourself" level stuff.
Even on this forum there are people who chose to restrict access to their profiles, and they have every right to do so.
Anyway I leave that one with you.
If "sorry" is too difficult a word to say at this point, I still hope you can find it within you to seek some kind of reasonable reconciliation.
May the spirit of God be among us.

Everything that needs to be presented to prove my point, has already been presented on this thread, so I don't see the need to have any more discussions. If you have more thoughts or questions, you may want to direct them to OMC, because he has finally seen the light on this subject and can direct you to where you need to go.

--
 
I agree Psalm1
It is concerning end times
Of course it is concerning the church.

It is like saying the book of Hebrews is only concerning Hebrews, it is not for the church.
Postribbers have always declared that the trib is for the church.
So it must be amils that are now trying to limit mat 24 and 25 to Israel only.
I do not ascribe to blatant reframing of scripture.
They dont let us fix posts here, so that post is of mine is misleading.
 
What's that saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"? I'm not saying what I do out of hate for people, but as a warning as to how subtle Satan can work. The Catholic church endorses those Marian visions, like the Lady of Fatima and the Lady of Guadalupe. It sounds innocent enough when you don't read the transcripts of those visions carefully. Those visions show Mary stating things like asking people to build churches in HER honor, to pray to (the Rosary) and seek HER, in order to gain favor and protection. Do you think the real mother of Jesus would ever say such a thing? When people invoke Mary in their prayers, they are opening a door for any other spirit to come in to deceive them without even realizing it. God/Jesus isn't going to be very forgiving for people who fall into the Marian worship trap. If Pope John Paul II had read His Bible instead of following philosophers, mystics, and people like Manafort, he'd know better. So, Jesus expects us to know His word to escape the traps of Satan. Rejecting what God/Jesus taught in his word makes people ripe to be fooled by Satan and a future Anti-Christ. He'll be as subtle as Satan.

So, if people really took the time to research what really happened AFTER the vision of the Lady at Guadalupe, they'd find that all those Mexicans they thought converted did nothing but go back to calling Mary by the name of their former pagan goddess a short time later. Allowing pagan cultural practices to seep into Christianity was a HUGE MISTAKE and the Catholic church allowed it to happen.

--
He did not answer you directly.
He answered in 3rd person.
I think you are talking to a robot.

BTW, that expose` you did on the catholic religion struck a huge nerve in him.
 
Everything that needs to be presented to prove my point, has already been presented on this thread, so I don't see the need to have any more discussions. If you have more thoughts or questions, you may want to direct them to OMC, because he has finally seen the light on this subject and can direct you to where you need to go.

--
Saint....don't faint in well doing, a soft answer deters wrath. There is no replacement as many agree here but different eschatologies on how one sees the end times or as some say end of age.
What has been spoken by God will come to pass and possibly all of us at one point or another will be corrected 😅.
Our faith lays in a hope of that which remains to be seen in the evidence of that which is already seen.
Israel has been regathered, their enemies are at their boarders. Hatred has spread throughout the world for them, they have become a focal point of the world, many attempts to destroy them they remain rooted, they remain committed to build a third temple,
They have taken a waste land and made it flourish. These are things that cannot be disputed.
If one refuses to except what has been seen according to the prophets then so be it.
 
Well well. The PhD Bible answer man didn't actually have any answers did he? And ran for cover when called upon to commit to answer this simple question:

"Please, I beg you, LIST if you can 3-5 significant "eschatological heresies" that you have identified on this thread."

And when defeated and exposed as a hapless rube rather than the astute scholar he claims to be, he hurls fresh Papal bull cow patties in a fit of infantile churlish angst.

Indeed, after 31K posts, you become quite expert at reading the room. And I had @OMC pegged a long long time ago.... :sneaky: ;)
Ok, just letting you know i plan to borrow, "papal bull cow patties" for a future timing.

I am still laughing.

I am however, still pondering the "fresh" wording prefix.
😆 🤣 😂
 
He did not answer you directly.
He answered in 3rd person.
I think you are talking to a robot.

BTW, that expose` you did on the catholic religion struck a huge nerve in him.

OMC is not Catholic, but some here are. I think his response to that post was more to try to defend the others beliefs.

---
 
Saint....don't faint in well doing, a soft answer deters wrath. There is no replacement as many agree here but different eschatologies on how one sees the end times or as some say end of age.

That's true. My response that you just replied to was my way of trying to escape more goading that I feel was trying to be created in order to stir the pot again instead of looking for real answers. That's why I directed them to OMC for further explanations.

--
 
  • Like
Reactions: God-fearing
There is an older guy sitting in a booth adjacent from me here at the restaurant.
I am gonna write on a napkin. Are you OMC?
...and tell My waitress she has to deliver it anonymously.
I wanna see what his reaction is. Because I was thinking it would be funny
That dude is sitting next to me.

....he turns to stare at me, and circuit boards can be seen in his eyes sockets.

yikes!!!!!
 
There is an older guy sitting in a booth adjacent from me here at the restaurant.
I am gonna write on a napkin. Are you OMC?
...and tell My waitress she has to deliver it anonymously.
I wanna see what his reaction is. Because I was thinking it would be funny
That dude is sitting next to me.

....he turns to stare at me, and circuit boards can be seen in his eyes sockets.

yikes!!!!!

So, his response was stares? Did he actually SAY anything to the waitress later about it? 😂
 
Everything that needs to be presented to prove my point, has already been presented on this thread, so I don't see the need to have any more discussions. If you have more thoughts or questions, you may want to direct them to OMC, because he has finally seen the light on this subject and can direct you to where you need to go.

--

Actually at this stage I no longer wish to continue where we left off, because there are more weighty matters here.
I am a conspiracy theorist, and suspect that you have been trying to silence all who do not agree with your views by getting this thread closed down by means of your rudeness.
Truth does not need censorship or much repetition.
 
Saint....don't faint in well doing, a soft answer deters wrath. There is no replacement as many agree here but different eschatologies on how one sees the end times or as some say end of age.
What has been spoken by God will come to pass and possibly all of us at one point or another will be corrected 😅.
Our faith lays in a hope of that which remains to be seen in the evidence of that which is already seen.
Israel has been regathered, their enemies are at their boarders. Hatred has spread throughout the world for them, they have become a focal point of the world, many attempts to destroy them they remain rooted, they remain committed to build a third temple,
They have taken a waste land and made it flourish. These are things that cannot be disputed.
If one refuses to except what has been seen according to the prophets then so be it.

At this point in time I view Jesus as being a high priest not just temporarily for a passing "church age", but forever (Hebrews 7:21), and of a higher order than that of the Levites.
Priests make intersession on behalf of man to God, and if Jesus was to abandon His role in heaven we would be going back to a ceremonial priesthood (Hebrews 8:3 and 4).
I also understand Jesus to be the true sanctuary and the builder of the true tabernacle, which He makes out of living souls (Hebrews 8:2).
I also understand Him to be the final sacrifice, offered once to cover all sin forever (Hebrews 10:12), meaning that the re institution of animal sacrifices would be an abomination to Him, as we have been told that God has no pleasure in them (Hebrews 10:8 and 9).

The obsession with earthly Jerusalem is confronting to me for these reasons, because the services that Jerusalem has been known to represent are priesthood, temple, sanctuary and sacrifice.
While being asked to accept all of that it also seems that I am being asked to believe in Jesus less, or told that it is ok to believe in Jesus as long as I do not go too far.

Dispensationalist eschatology is similarly confronting to me, because it presents a future Jesus that is not moving on from His previous ministry, as the one has risen from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father.
It seems that He is presented as one coming to bring back old covenant ways and practices and to entertain the Messianic fantasies of rabbinic Judaism in denial of all that He has accomplished.

I think that there is indeed a restoration of all things coming, but it is radically different from the one that dispensationalist teaching has in mind.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cameron143
Actually at this stage I no longer wish to continue where we left off, because there are more weighty matters here.
I am a conspiracy theorist, and suspect that you have been trying to silence all who do not agree with your views by getting this thread closed down by means of your rudeness.
Truth does not need censorship or much repetition.

Honestly, I knew you really didn't want to continue our conversation, which is why I shut it down in the first place and told you to take up your questions with OMC. I suspected that your seemingly innocent wording in your post was not as innocent as everyone thought it was, because your intentions have never been sincere in your dealings with me. I'm able to read between the lines in your words.

There's been plenty of rudeness to go around here and no one is trying to close down this thread.

You're right, truth does not need censorship or repetition, but some people need repetition for thoughts and ideas to sink in. For others, its just a way of coming into the conversation to distract away from the truth and the scriptures being shared that proves them wrong. If those people were using scripture to back up their view, that would be one thing, but some here just want to spout off opinions without anything to back it up with to throw chaos into the thread.

--
 
Honestly, I knew you really didn't want to continue our conversation, which is why I shut it down in the first place and told you to take up your questions with OMC. I suspected that your seemingly innocent wording in your post was not as innocent as everyone thought it was, because your intentions have never been sincere in your dealings with me. I'm able to read between the lines in your words.

There's been plenty of rudeness to go around here and no one is trying to close down this thread.

You're right, truth does not need censorship or repetition, but some people need repetition for thoughts and ideas to sink in. For others, its just a way of coming into the conversation to distract away from the truth and the scriptures being shared that proves them wrong. If those people were using scripture to back up their view, that would be one thing, but some here just want to spout off opinions without anything to back it up with to throw chaos into the thread.

--

I think I have been sincere in my dealings with you.
We have been comparing what we believe and challenging each other on how it compares to scripture.
All good stuff.
My appeal to you to apologize to that person was sincere too, because you really have crossed the line.
@OMC has not been challenging us on our beliefs, but on our ability to prove them with the Bible.
He has been scrutinizing me just as heavily as you, and I am pretty sure he disagrees with me on a number of things.
The difference is that while I welcome that type of scrutiny and consider it useful, you are in love with a doctrine that cannot stand up to it.
I think that is the reason that you are resorting to entirely different means to defend and promote your beliefs.
 
At this point in time I view Jesus as being a high priest not just temporarily for a passing "church age", but forever (Hebrews 7:21), and of a higher order than that of the Levites.
Priests make intersession on behalf of man to God, and if Jesus was to abandon His role in heaven we would be going back to a ceremonial priesthood (Hebrews 8:3 and 4).
I also understand Jesus to be the true sanctuary and the builder of the true tabernacle, which He makes out of living souls (Hebrews 8:2).
I also understand Him to be the final sacrifice, offered once to cover all sin forever (Hebrews 10:12), meaning that the re institution of animal sacrifices would be an abomination to Him, as we have been told that God has no pleasure in them (Hebrews 10:8 and 9).

The obsession with earthly Jerusalem is confronting to me for these reasons, because the services that Jerusalem has been known to represent are priesthood, temple, sanctuary and sacrifice.
While being asked to accept all of that it also seems that I am being asked to believe in Jesus less, or told that it is ok to believe in Jesus as long as I do not go too far.

Dispensationalist eschatology is similarly confronting to me, because it presents a future Jesus that is not moving on from His previous ministry, as the one has risen from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father.
It seems that He is presented as one coming to bring back old covenant ways and practices and to entertain the Messianic fantasies of rabbinic Judaism in denial of all that He has accomplished.

I think that there is indeed a restoration of all things coming, but it is radically different from the one that dispensationalist teaching has in mind.
"I view Jesus as being a high priest not just temporarily for a passing "church age", but forever"

No futurist dispensationalist thinks otherwise. So quit tying to insinuate that we do.
Furthermore, Christ Jesus will be High Priest in the millennial temple. Right in the thick of the services done there.

The rest of you post is so errant and bizarre that it would be a waste of time to address the content.
 
I think I have been sincere in my dealings with you.
We have been comparing what we believe and challenging each other on how it compares to scripture.
All good stuff.
My appeal to you to apologize to that person was sincere too, because you really have crossed the line.
@OMC has not been challenging us on our beliefs, but on our ability to prove them with the Bible.
He has been scrutinizing me just as heavily as you, and I am pretty sure he disagrees with me on a number of things.
The difference is that while I welcome that type of scrutiny and consider it useful, you are in love with a doctrine that cannot stand up to it.
I think that is the reason that you are resorting to entirely different means to defend and promote your beliefs.

Churchgoer has consistently used anti-semitic language during these discussion and some of your comments have been borderline as well.

The doctrine of Dispensational Pre-Millennialism is proven in the Bible, you just continue to refuse to see it that way and it may have to be with your borderline anti-semitic views on Israel.

You need to go back and review the scripture that I posted at post #4,814 - #4,816.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cv5