Replacement theology.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Once Paul revealed Romans 3, as you did, yes I can agree with you.

Nevertheless, God gave Israel the Law of Moses at Mount Sinai. If a Jew don't want to follow the Law then, he will not be showing faith in God.

And if you were a male gentile during the OT, you cannot decline to become a Jew, decline physical circumcision nor decline to follow the Law of Moses and try to claim that you are trusting in Christ's imputed righteousness at the cross, for your justification before God.

You will not be included in Abraham's bosom, at your death, without doing those works.
Paul gave gal 3 also. And showed us the purpose of the law. and declaired no one at any time could have been saved by the law

paul did not have to give Romans 3 to prove to everyone they were sinners, moses let everyone know this when he said cursed is the one who does not keep every letter

E

eternally-gratefull

Hi brother @eternally-gratefull ...
I am still learning loads about the OT times , so bare with me...
Is it right that when the priest went into the holy of holy's , they had like a little bell that jingled , to let the people know that the sacrifice was accepted to God ? but if it went quiet , the priest died and they knew that the sacrifice was not good ...
...xox...
I will have to dig into this, give me some time I will let you know what I see

Nov 23, 2013
For while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Please please stop where you are.
Amen, yes he did die for us.

I’m asking you to explain what is wrong with my statement where I said -
those who love god, keep his commandments and keep his covenant are Gods chosen people
while those who don't do those things ARE NOT God's chose people.

Nov 23, 2013
Yep

the promise than in him shall all the nations be blessed

we are abrahams seed in that we are blessed by christ

that has nothing to do with the seperate promise God gave to only one of his children and all of his physical descendents,
Where is the SEPARATE promise found in the bible?

E

eternally-gratefull

Hi brother @eternally-gratefull ...
I am still learning loads about the OT times , so bare with me...
Is it right that when the priest went into the holy of holy's , they had like a little bell that jingled , to let the people know that the sacrifice was accepted to God ? but if it went quiet , the priest died and they knew that the sacrifice was not good ...
...xox...
Exodus 28: a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, upon the hem of the robe all around. 35 And it shall be upon Aaron when he ministers, and its sound will be heard when he goes into the holy place before the Lordand when he comes out, that he may not die.

E

eternally-gratefull

I think the bell was on their feet , it was made like a Pomegranate...
...xox...
Lol, I found what you were looking for, it was on the hem of the robe, where that would be though I do not know

Jan 12, 2019
Paul gave gal 3 also. And showed us the purpose of the law. and declaired no one at any time could have been saved by the law

paul did not have to give Romans 3 to prove to everyone they were sinners, moses let everyone know this when he said cursed is the one who does not keep every letter
I trust you agree with my point here?

And if you were a male gentile during the OT, you cannot decline to become a Jew, decline physical circumcision nor decline to follow the Law of Moses and try to claim that you are trusting in Christ's imputed righteousness at the cross, for your justification before God.

And for the same reason, you cannot appeal to Paul's revelations too, if one had a time machine to send him back to the OT time past.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Lol, I found what you were looking for, it was on the hem of the robe, where that would be though I do not know
Thanks brother...
It reminds me off the grace of God by giving us His Son , our Lord Jesus Christ...
People could not enter the Holy of Holy`s in the OT , but Jesus tore the veil so we can now boldly come before the thrown of God Amen...
...xox...

Nov 23, 2013
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I think this verse above all other verses should prove to everyone that God's chosen people are, were and always will be those who are in Christ, from Adam to present time.

K

kaylagrl

I do see the Jews fulfilling the mission God gave them. They preached the gospel to the world. Like Abel.

he being dead yet speaketh. Heb.11:4

The followers of Jesus though dead, left us the NT. Btw, happy Thanksgiving. :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours also! I don't know what it was like in your area, but the hoarders were out at the grocery here. I don't get the obsession with the TP. They keep this up I'm gonna have to start looking for some vintage Sears and Roebucks catalogues. ;)

Nov 23, 2013
I just found this while searching for the separate land promise.
This verse says that the land promise is the ENTIRE EARTH, not just Canaan.
Any comment?

Deu 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Jesus will fulfill daniels prophecy when he comes

at no point in the past has all flesh on earth been threatened until the advent of nuclear war.

there are to many variables of things which you have to prove to me have accrued, before I could see it yur way

oh and Happy thanksgiving
Jesus has already fulfilled Daniels prophecy, because in him is the everlasting righteousness.
I don't know why you mentioned nuclear war as the threat to humanity, because it's sin that hasn't been repented of that threatens humanity.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
It was? It is?

7 “The Lord will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah. 8 In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them. 9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

the repentance of judah!

10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. 11 In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of [c]Megiddo. 12 And the land shall mourn, every family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves; 13 the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of Shimei by itself, and their wives by themselves; 14 all the families that remain, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.

When did This happen, how is this happening?
It happened when Jesus defeated all of our enemies through his death and resurrection and continues in him as people turn to him.
He's speaking of God's holy city,,

E

eternally-gratefull

Gen 12:
“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

notice the two parts of God covenant

i will make you A Nation in and Give you Land

all the nations of the earth will be blessed

it is confirmed later

as for the land we see in Gen 15

On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:
To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— 19 the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, 20 the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”

this is the land That God promised to give abraham. A land abraham never possessed, although he did live and was buried there, the land would not be given for at least 400 years because as God said, the sin of the A o rite was not yet complete as seen in the final confirmation to abraham of the same covenant he made in Gen 12. This found in Gen 15

And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.” 3 Then Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying: 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations. 5 No longer shall your name be called [c]Abram, but your name shall be [d]Abraham; for I have made you a father of [e]many nations. 6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. 7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. 8 Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in[f] which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

1. we know the land was only given to one, not all descendents, as God said in Gen 15 when he made a one way covenant with abraham concerning the land

Gen 15: 4 And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.”

imediately after God told abraham, I give you this land

we also know this from Gen 17. Via sarah

19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.”

so as we see there are a total of three things promised to abraha,

1. in you shall all the nations be blessed, this is the promise of Christ, and all who are saved be it Jew or Gentile, partakes of this aspect of Gods covenant with Abraham

2. land, given to abraham , and his descendants through Isaac and eventually Jacob,

3. many nations and many kings, examples are the nation given through Ishmael, amd edom through esau, abraham had many sons, we do not know how many kings and nations in total came from abraham

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Nope

their mission for being formed was to show the world the one true God, and the world witnessed through them the blessings and peace of the results of following God, and not following other gods,

its all through the OT, and as I showed about a week agao, it will be the purpose for which they are restored also.

your Talking about the mission of the NT church, which was given to all, Jew and gentile alike
The world was shown the One true God by Jesus Christ. There is no "future mission of the Jews to show the world the One true God".

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Concerning the promise given to Jacob?

no

because When esau and Jacob was born, God only gave confirmed it with Jacob. god never said to esau,to your u and your descendents I give this land,

God gave esau a different land, and it was never given as an eternal promise.

it was also his 12 sons to whom the promise was confirmed.

I would have thought you knew this,
I do know it, but you're saying God made this covenant with Abrahams physical descendants. What changed?

Nov 23, 2013
Gen 12:
“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you
And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

notice the two parts of God covenant

i will make you A Nation in and Give you Land

all the nations of the earth will be blessed
Thanks for the reply.
I honestly do not see "Give you Land" in those verses. Are you assuming that "make you a great nation" equates to "Give you land"?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours also! I don't know what it was like in your area, but the hoarders were out at the grocery here. I don't get the obsession with the TP. They keep this up I'm gonna have to start looking for some vintage Sears and Roebucks catalogues. ;)
Well, Lk.3:11 says,

He that has two coats, let him give to him that has none,

So I guess we can apply that to toilet paper.

K

kaylagrl

Well, Lk.3:11 says,

He that has two coats, let him give to him that has none,

So I guess we can apply that to toilet paper.
Yes, we certainly should. I'm always checking to see if family and friends are in need during this time of year. But especially this year. I don't know how people are going to get by this year without help. Very sad.