Restoring the Edenic covenant

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Isn't the entire purpose of the Gospel to restore the Edenic covenant? Every dispensation/covenant/proclamation/promise from the beginning of time is still relevant for us today, in order for us to be included in the council of God, to the final end. Is the final end to be restoration according to the goodness of God's creation from His beginning to His end?

"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" (Isaiah 46:9-10)

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have never heard of the Edenic covenant. I believe that the purpose of the Gospel is to spread the good news about Jesus.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
I have never heard of the Edenic covenant. I believe that the purpose of the Gospel is to spread the good news about Jesus.
Did not God show Himself physically to Adam? Did not Jesus show Himself physically to the people He ministered to? Is not Jesus God in the flesh?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"
(John 14:6-9)

"
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." (Genesis 1:26)

Last edited:
May 12, 2017
Isn't the entire purpose of the Gospel to restore the Edenic covenant? Every dispensation/covenant/proclamation/promise from the beginning of time is still relevant for us today, in order for us to be included in the council of God, to the final end. Is the final end to be restoration according to the goodness of God's creation from His beginning to His end?

"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" (Isaiah 46:9-10)

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8)
Interesting scenario, but the Edenic Covenant was broken in Genesis 3. God then had to enter into another covenant with man, which was the Adamic Covenant.

Both the Edenic and Adamic were made with mankind in general and not the Jewish Nation specifically...

A broken Covenant cannot be restored.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Did not God show Himself physically to Adam? Did not Jesus show Himself physically to the people He ministered to? Is not Jesus God in the flesh?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"
(John 14:6-9)

"
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." (Genesis 1:26)

Couldn't you just state it the way HIS WORD states it?

THE NEW JERUSALEM which comes down from above?

Was Eden above before it came down?
Was Adam above before he came down?

No. He was fleshly and of the earth.
Eden isn't from above
But THE NEW JERUSALEM is...

After this heaven and this earth passes away...

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
If by Edenic covenant, you mean, where there is no consciousness of wrong (before eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil), I guess I agree. Although, as we have already experienced being sinners, we will remember that we were once lost but were found. Otherwise, we would forget or have no knowledge of what grace is like.

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Interesting scenario, but the Edenic Covenant was broken in Genesis 3. God then had to enter into another covenant with man, which was the Adamic Covenant.

Both the Edenic and Adamic were made with mankind in general and not the Jewish Nation specifically...

Yes but our Lord certainly isn't a quitter. He came to save us from the fall. Our sin does break the covenant. The covenants do not have our input. It's only God's directives. It's not a contract for contracts can be broken.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
If by Edenic covenant, you mean, where there is no consciousness of wrong (before eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil), I guess I agree. Although, as we have already experienced being sinners, we will remember that we were once lost but were found. Otherwise, we would forget or have no knowledge of what grace is like.
Isaiah 65:17

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Couldn't you just state it the way HIS WORD states it?

THE NEW JERUSALEM which comes down from above?

Was Eden above before it came down?
Was Adam above before he came down?

No. He was fleshly and of the earth.
Eden isn't from above
But THE NEW JERUSALEM is...

After this heaven and this earth passes away...

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

Not sure I agree.

The first command of GOD:

Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, was given with GOD's foreknowledge ALREADY that we would.

HE said,

Do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

FOR...IN THE DAY you eat of it, you will surely die.

GOD already knew before hand, even as HE created us, that there would be THAT DAY...

And still, out of the abundance of HIS GRACE, from the beginning, HE created man.

Because HE not only knew the fall of Adam (and with it mankind) HE also knew the victory in HIS SON.

That through THE ONE planned from the beginning, HE would have a set apart people marked and called by HIS NAME.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
Oh yeah...no doubt about that.
Is there peace and are all transferred out of the kingdom of darkness and gathered up and out of the world and seated in the heavenly realms in CHRIST JESUS...

Have all been transferred into the KINGDOM of LIGHT...now?

No.

It's why HE said, I did not come to bring peace but division.

There is still division...and not all are IN CHRIST.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Yes. That was because of the prior poster's post...this is what came to mind...that we will not remember the former things...
Remember, never again will we cry...never...for HE will wipe away every tear.

All things will be restored...

But not all created beings will be in THAT KINGDOM...

Only those who have a part in the first resurrection
And those whose names are written in the book of life

In short, all those who have believed in the WORK of GOD through HIS SON who came to bring back to the FATHER, HIS BRIDE...

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
Until the fall there was no temptation to do things against the will of God. During the 1000 year reign of Christ Satan will not be able to tempt us against the will of God. I think you have it right.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

By the way, HIS WILL?

Mentioned clearly in John 6

That all who behold the SON and believe in HIM have life and HE will raise them up on the last day.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Until the fall there was no temptation to do things against the will of God. During the 1000 year reign of Christ Satan will not be able to tempt us against the will of God. I think you have it right.
Because we were innocent not even knowing that there was (and what was) evil.

Do you know that there is evil in the world?
Or do you deny that?

For while HE is in the world HE convicts the world of sin.

It's just that some want to believe that their will is in line to GOD's
Or they want to fool themselves in believing there is no GOD
And all things are relative...that they can go to their "own house and do what is right in their own eyes" (just like it was in the time of judges)...

May 12, 2017
Not sure I agree.

The first command of GOD:

Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, was given with GOD's foreknowledge ALREADY that we would.

HE said,

Do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

FOR...IN THE DAY you eat of it, you will surely die.

GOD already knew before hand, even as HE created us, that there would be THAT DAY...

And still, out of the abundance of HIS GRACE, from the beginning, HE created man.

Because HE not only knew the fall of Adam (and with it mankind) HE also knew the victory in HIS SON.

That through THE ONE planned from the beginning, HE would have a set apart people marked and called by HIS NAME.
Not sure you agree with what?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
When HE is taken out of the world,when darkness comes, what type of "adam" will we be?
Will we hold to the TESTIMONY of JESUS...
Or will truth and love (even NATURAL LOVE) be cast down?
Will we fall away when the season of Job comes upon us...or wait knowing our redeemer lives and though our flesh may wear away, still and even in our flesh, our eyes shall see HIM standing upon the earth in the last day...

It's when darkness comes, that those who did lip service to the name from those who inwardly knew who and what they worship, will be made manifest by their works...

Whether it is in GOD's SPIRIT...or their own spirit...

May 12, 2017
Yes but our Lord certainly isn't a quitter. He came to save us from the fall. Our sin does break the covenant. The covenants do not have our input. It's only God's directives. It's not a contract for contracts can be broken.
You need to understand what Covenant is...we are done...buh bye

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Do you know the difference between the deeds and dictates of HIS SPIRIT...from the deeds and dictates of the flesh to make a right judgment between what are GOD's directives from what are the directives driven by our fear and confusion?

Do you know these things?

Edenic covenant?
THE COVENANT in HIS BLOOD is more precious than any thing.
If you lose THAT GARMENT, you are naked.