Retire the Ten Commandments?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
we need to abide Gods commandmets. They are not up for dispute. Do as He said willingly.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

We need to be obedient to His commandments. Thats why He wrote them. And to abide by them is the proof of faith and love for Him.

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Ok. Well, good luck.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Water baptism does not take our sins away, rather it is an outward commitment we make when we give our life over to God. As a result of letting Christ into our heart and life, we are filled with the Holy Ghost, after which we look for the outward manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit that seem to be sadly lacking in our modern society.
Please study scripture...you are wrong. Your comment above reminds me of a new age religion talking point that all new age religion advocates utter. Follow scripture.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
The ten commandments are already "retired" in Christ.

Christ and Paul both tell us this would and did happen.

People either don't want to hear it or can't hear it.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Free from sin is the message there.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"There are two things that we must have if we are going to change our way of life. One is faith, the
confidence in things unseen, the fundamental goodness and purpose in the world. The other is obedience:
that is, living according to our faith, living each day as we believe that God wants us to live, with
gratitude, humility, honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love. Faith and obedience, these two, will give us all

the strength we need to overcome sin and temptation and to live a new and more abundant life."
'Praise God'
Face to Face.jpg

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Free from sin is the message there.
No. Sin is not the yoke of bondage.

Working at the law is the yoke of bondage.

Free from sin is the result of standing fast in the Liberty that is in Christ and NOT being entangled again in the yoke of bondage.

See Acts 15:5-11

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
No. Sin is not the yoke of bondage.

Working at the law is the yoke of bondage.

Free from sin is the result of standing fast in the Liberty that is in Christ and NOT being entangled again in the yoke of bondage.

See Acts 15:5-11
You and I have different Bibles...I conclude.
G-d's law is G-d's law and it was the same yesterday today and will be tomorrow.
Be careful following new, new age religion interpretations of the Bible. They have only been around a few years....since the 1960's in most part.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
You and I have different Bibles...I conclude.
G-d's law is G-d's law and it was the same yesterday today and will be tomorrow.
Be careful following new, new age religion interpretations of the Bible. They have only been around a few years....since the 1960's in most part.
Maybe.

I read the KJV.

Does your church even allow you to read the bible? You seem a little Roman Catholic in your works based theology.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Maybe.

I read the KJV.

Does your church even allow you to read the bible? You seem a little Roman Catholic in your works based theology.
LOL...hardly.

I will suggest...just make sure it is is scriptures.
Never mind the origin.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I really don't see how people get around Mt 5:17-18

Fulfill NOT abolish should certainly be a check to any and all to further study/living.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just a question, relating back to the OP what is the largest church in america?
How can you have one pastor for 34,000 people how does that even work, he wouldnt even know all their names.

Does it matter how big a church is? In terms of numbers.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
How can you have one pastor for 34,000 people how does that even work, he wouldnt even know all their names.

I was considering checking out one of the satellites near me. My aunt is pretty involved and there is a connection process, getting people involved. Small groups and what not. Some rather disconcerting news comes from the church but with a church that large...you can expect some fallout of some kind. I'm not trying to gloss over anything...I just don't think it's a wealth prosperity church.

The few times I went years ago in buckhead my take away was. Yes I agree, but felt rather "milky" and insubstantial if you wanted to go deeper. A launching ground perhaps?

I think he describes it as a church for the unchurched.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

No..... it doesn't matter.
A pastor is not there to know each first name. He is there to present the word of G-d. It is not a social place. When social attributes enters....G-d becomes secondary. Not right.

Give me a traditional servant of G-d presenting the word of G-d and my time at the church is well spent.
Afterwards, have lunch, social coffee is fine.

Jan 12, 2019
I really don't see how people get around Mt 5:17-18

Fulfill NOT abolish should certainly be a check to any and all to further study/living.
Its not that difficult once you really read that passage

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (King James Version)

This passage is often used by Christians to insist that the "moral law" is still with us today. But if you read it carefully, Jesus was actually proposing 2 different ways in which the law can be "passed" away.

1)Till heaven and earth pass away
2)Till all be fulfilled

The first has obviously not happened. But Jesus on earth has fulfilled all the law on our behalf, so the second condition has taken place.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (King James Version)

This passage is often used by Christians to insist that the "moral law" is still with us today. But if you read it carefully, Jesus was actually proposing 2 different ways in which the law can be "passed" away.

2)Till all be fulfilled

The first has obviously not happened. But Jesus on earth has fulfilled all the law on our behalf, so the second condition has taken place.
Your point #2 "Till all be fulfilled" you are making out "Till some be fulfilled." Let me ask you: The feasts point to what God is doing with mankind. Has everything taken place already or are some yet future?

Legend:
Fulfilled - Not Fulfilled
1. Passover - 7 days of unleavened bread (two high days).
2. Pentecost - The outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

3. Trumpets - The return of Christ.
4. Day of Atonement - The binding of Satan (scapegoat).
5. Feast of Tabernacles - The millennial reign.
6. The Last Great Day - The White Throne Judgment.

Looks like some are yet in the future. Or is it just me?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

2)Till all be fulfilled

Neither has the 2nd for those still alive on earth;....Till all be fulfilled.... refers to those who entered judgement and found...... not wanting.

Jan 12, 2019
Neither has the 2nd for those still alive on earth;....Till all be fulfilled.... refers to those who entered judgement and found...... not wanting.
Interesting, so you disagree that Jesus has fulfilled All the law? Well if you don't believe that, then yes, I can understand your point.

By the way. I was amused that you also consider the millennial reign and the Great white throne judgement as part of the law. Yes, I agree that those events have yet to come to pass.

Jan 12, 2019
Your point #2 "Till all be fulfilled" you are making out "Till some be fulfilled." Let me ask you: The feasts point to what God is doing with mankind. Has everything taken place already or are some yet future?

Legend: Fulfilled - Not Fulfilled
1. Passover - 7 days of unleavened bread (two high days).
2. Pentecost - The outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

3. Trumpets - The return of Christ.
4. Day of Atonement - The binding of Satan (scapegoat).
5. Feast of Tabernacles - The millennial reign.
6. The Last Great Day - The White Throne Judgment.

Looks like some are yet in the future. Or is it just me?
Sorry my previous reply was actually meant for this particular post, to recap

Interesting, so you disagree that Jesus has fulfilled All the law? Well if you don't believe that, then yes, I can understand your point.

By the way. I was amused that you also consider the millennial reign and the Great white throne judgement as part of the law. Yes, I agree that those events have yet to come to pass.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Part of the law?...not sure that I agree with that conclusion but I would agree they are part of the process of applying the law.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"And...Spiritually bankrupt shall bring cause of precisely what is being Witnessed by ALL,
across the lands, far and wide. Unthinkable 'events'...but of such things....before time was time...
the 'nature' of ALL THINGS, were they not put in order of things...'to be'. The wisdom of the
world would become foolish, and scattered to and fro with division and separation...so be even
within places of 'modern day religion'....God's way has been replaced by man's way...no more...no less."...:(
'Praise God'...:) unapplightgod - Copy (3) - Copy.jpg