Revelation 2:8-11 test your church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MissyL

Oct 4, 2021
Richman I understand the internet allows cowards to be rude however i would expect better in a Christian chat room, I am curious where you went to seminary. Om addition Jesus said the generation would noy pass till destruction of Jerusalem. Which was said between AD 30 and 33, Many say Matthew and Revelation work together in this prophecy. I know reading the Greek can be hard but I think my conclusions are based on scholarly research. i do not see evidence that proves either way conclusively, Have a pleasant weekend and keep Ukraine in your prayers

R

RichMan

Richman I understand the internet allows cowards to be rude however i would expect better in a Christian chat room, I am curious where you went to seminary. Om addition Jesus said the generation would noy pass till destruction of Jerusalem. Which was said between AD 30 and 33, Many say Matthew and Revelation work together in this prophecy. I know reading the Greek can be hard but I think my conclusions are based on scholarly research. i do not see evidence that proves either way conclusively, Have a pleasant weekend and keep Ukraine in your prayers
Attending seminary is not necessary to understand Scripture.
Reading the Greek is not necessary to understand Scripture.
Disagreeing with you does not make one a coward or rude.
I believe your scholarly research is flawed.
I agree that Jesus prophesy about the destruction of Jerusalem before the generation He was speaking to, was fulfilled in 70 AD.
But to say all He prophesied that would come and all He revealed in His revelation to John was also fulfilled is not true and to believe so proves your scholarly research is flawed.
I stand by my original statement.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

GRACE And Peace...

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

Do you believe there are those who are/or will be 'chosen' for the 10 day trial or do you believe it will be random Christians?
Are you talking about the 10 days in Luke?Let me know and we can talk about it

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
I am sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner because this is a very good question and an important one.
No that is something altogether different. In Luke 21 Jesus is on the Mt of Olives alone with His disciples. Jesus has gone through some of the early singes of the end times. Verse 13. It shall turn to you for a testimony.
You are going to have to speak give a very special testimony at a very special for a very special reason if you are chosen to do so. Not all will be.
Verse 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what you shall answer:
Jesus is telling us not to thank about what we are going to say if we are called to do this. We will find out why here soon.
Verse 15. For I will give you a mouth of wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
For I: who is talking here it is Jesus, He is going to give you a mouth to speak. He is going to allow the Holy Spirit to speak through you. Just like what happened on Pentcost Day in Acts. The Holy Spirit will do all the talking for you. Your mouth moving His words coming out. This is why He told you in verse 14 not to meditate about what you were going to say. {My thanking If you did try and speak your own words that would be denning Jesus which is the unpardonable sin no one has committed it yet and I don't thank Jesus would use anyone that would not let Him speak through them.} Let me say it again my words no scripture to back it up.
Which all your adversaries: what adversaries the ones that brought you to this kangaroo court.
Shall not be able to gainsay nor resist: Gainsay #471 Strong's Greek dictionary: To refute or deny. They are going to be dumbfounded at the wisdom that comes out of your mouth.
Verse 16. And you shall be betrayed both my parents, and brothers, and kinfolk, and friends; and some of you they shall cause to be put to death.
Do not worry it is not as bad as it sounds when you understand it. Remember when all this is taking place Satan has returned and is seated in the holy place calming to be God. So all these people that are betraying you, they thank they are doing a good thing. Satan comes at the 6th trump just before Jesus return calming to be Christ and there are a lot of good people out there that thank they are good Christians and doing the right thing by bringing you to their "jesus" The instead of jesus Satan saying O Please help my Grace And peace she doesn't thank you are jesus; What does Hebrews tell us is one of Satan's names? Death. They are not wanting you to be killed physically they are spiritually.
Verse 17. And you shall be hated of all men for my names sake.
All men that don't love Jesus.
Verse 18. But there shall not a hair of your head parish.
GLORY BE TO GOD!! He is able to keep you and protect you at all times. We are safe in the arms of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Verse 19. In your patience possess ye your souls. What words of grace, hope, and love. All we have to do is patiently wait on Him and we will possess eternal life, our immortal souls.

Mar 4, 2020
Revelation 2:8-11 Test your Church​

Verse 8. And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

This is non other than Jesus Himself telling John to write these things that I am about to tell the church of Smyrna.

Verse 9. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

The church of Smyrna is one that you you want to look at very closely it is one of 2 out of all the churches that God finds no fault with. Not perfect none of us are. What is it that they know that God is so pleased with? The blasphemy of them which say they are Jews but do lie and are of the synagogue of Satan. Does your church anything close to this? These Kenites which are of the synagogue of Satan have caused our brother Judah a great deal of trouble. They were let in back in 1st Chronicles. The scribes, the priests, they got lazy and took in the Kenites to do manual labor cut wood ect. Then they started turning over there Priestly duties until they became the scribes. They were in the church while Jesus was here on earth and they are still here today .

John 8:42-45. The Children of the Devil. 42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. Not my words but Gods.

This is why as a student of Gods word you have to be very careful because they have changed a few things. Lets take a little bible quiz. Who was the first murder from the beginning? Cane. In the Hebrew Kenites. This is coming from a church Christ approved of so does you church teach this? Why is it that so many churches don't teach this. Paul gave us the answer in 2nd Corinthians 11:11-15 They have ministers of Satan that have transformed into ministers of light but still speak the lies of Satan. You don't have to understand Revelation, Danial, the minor prophets; Why? You are going to be gone Jesus is coming to fly you away. If you are lucky you get the milk of the word but that is not going to cut it you need the meat of the word.

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life

Scary verse; you mean I may have to go to prison, I am going to have tribulation for 10 days, I have to be faithful of 10 days unto death. I have to do all that to get the crown of life? Luke 21 Jesus explaining this very thing to the disciples and us tell us that during this time we shall face Satan; Who is Satan? Death. How long will we be in prison 10 days. Luke 21:18 Remember this is Jesus speaking. “But there shall not a hair of your head parish” We need to be gig boys and girls men and woman put on our big boy paints put on our armor and get ready for battle. We have nothing to fear; look at the end of the book WE WIN. And then I will give you a crown of life.

Verse 11.He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Do you have an ear to hear? Is your church teaching you this? If not why not, and better yet if they are not teaching it why don't you ask them to. If they give you some excuse you better ask God am in the right place, do you want me here, is there someone I need to reach or should I go else where. That is between you and God. I am not going to tell you where to go to church or where to get fed. Again between you and God.
I think there are some good lessons we can draw from these and obviously they are all scriptural truth, but this part of Revelation is to Seven specific churches. Typically the church is viewed as a unified body of Christ, but we see here that it's possible to be divided at least geographically and possibly spiritually as well.

Therefore, a synagogue of Satan is a church in name only and is only identified as as a church so the reader understands that this church congregation isn't really a church of Christ at all; these are cults, secular gatherings, and other religions.

Some of the metrics you're using to apply to a modern day church just don't literally apply. For example, many Christians will not be in prison or face tribulation for 10 consecutive days. Actually many people seem to have rather pampered lives, even non-believers can live a life of relative comfort, safety, and ease.

Nowadays, it's still difficult to go to jail for just existing as a Christian, at least in Western countries. However, that is quickly changing. It took a lot of martyrdom and jailtime to get to where we are now.