Rich people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I know, Ricky.

With you, it's always "they" and "them."

You're typing on some kind of electrical device.

You have access to electricity.

You were taught the skill of being able to put your thoughts into writing.

Have you used a flushing toilet today?

I guarantee, there are other people in this world that, when compared to them, you are one of the "rich" that you rant about, but you don't see it.

That's something between you and God.

If you feel your calling is to condemn others without seeing it in yourself first, God bless you.

May God hold you to the same standards when compared to anyone who has less than you.
Never thought I'd put you on ignore, but you're spouting off on things you don't know about.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Never thought I'd put you on ignore, but you're spouting off on things you don't know about.
God bless, Ricky.

I will consider it an honor, because I know it comes from a place of sincerity.

May the Lord allow you to someday see how rich you truly are.

Best wishes to you.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
**Content removed due to inappropriate language**
The assumptions go both ways, Ricky, as you are now assuming about me.

I don't see how it would be very productive for me to make some kind of "counter-list" of my own actions and experiences, so I'll just wish you all the best.

I'm sorry for the hardships you have gone through, I truly am.

May God bless and prosper you in your service to others.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Which, unfortunately, is how the majority of rich people are handling it.
The majority? Interesting broad-brush you have.

There are some rich who are misusing their money. There are also some poor who are stealing because "I deserve this but I can't have it, so that justifies me taking it." There are people at every economic level who are doing wrong. That does not make the majority of any level evil.

But IF they were...

It reminds me of some of my coworkers. Sometimes I'm busting my butt trying to get my job done while other people are standing around talking. It kind of gripes me a bit. We're both being paid, but I'm working and they are not. That's not fair!

But what they do is not my business. There are cameras all over the place. If the owner wants to bust them for playing on their phones, that's his business. My business is to do my business and get my pay. I do my job, I have a clean conscience and I sleep well at night.

Those rich people who hoard their money (and it's a much lower percentage than you keep trying to claim it is) will have to answer to the boss. We all will. Leave the boss's job to the boss. Just do your job and get your pay.

billsull

Aug 23, 2019
thank you for welcoming me dino. I tried to get on twitter and they claimed somebody compromised my account and I had to phone in so I skipped them. Abraham david and Solomon were rich!!!!!!!!!! slave owners who went to Abrahams bosom because they did not fulfill the commandments at the level that Jesus fulfilled them and had to pay for their sins. they were dead in their trespasses and could not enter the kingdom of heaven into the holy presence of God. the setting up of a king in Israel was great wickedness and allowed the devil and his angels to take more space on the throne when Israel rejected God as their king unlike Gideon. as john the Baptist who was greater than job david and Abraham said I must decrease he must increase. Jesus has more upgrades than apple. how hardly shall a rich man enter the kingdom of heaven refers to after the ascension and the out dating of Abrahams bosom and concerns the rich people who belong to the last group in the vineyard which is first, those that are elected by grace. those rich people that are effaciously called Jesus will save with great difficulty. this doesn't necessarily mean scarcely saved. the problem is getting them to conform to his kenosis. I am concerned about the evangelicals who might as well say Jesus was a rich slave owner and the other side who says rich Christians can follow a God who made himself poor.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
The Bible never teaches that wealth is the root of all evil, but rather the love of such which causes men to turn away from Christ.

One can be wealthy and serve Christ, although one must wonder what kind of impact that wealth would have on your perception and relationship with Christ. Would you ever have to truly rely on Christ financially if you already had all your needs met?

I think the root of the issue is not what you possess or don't possess, but what possesses you. Where is your heart? Is it wrapped up in things and material or worldly possessions?

Matthew 6:19-24

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Divided loyalty before Christ is no loyalty at all. There is no middle ground.

7seasrekeyed

The Bible never teaches that wealth is the root of all evil, but rather the love of such which causes men to turn away from Christ.

One can be wealthy and serve Christ, although one must wonder what kind of impact that wealth would have on your perception and relationship with Christ. Would you ever have to truly rely on Christ financially if you already had all your needs met?

I think the root of the issue is not what you possess or don't possess, but what possesses you. Where is your heart? Is it wrapped up in things and material or worldly possessions?

Matthew 6:19-24

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Divided loyalty before Christ is no loyalty at all. There is no middle ground.

just a note with regards to perception and relationship to Christ for those who are wealthy....which word seems to have different meanings for different people

I have known people who are millionaires and yet their personal lives were very painful

money does not give health and does not give relationships that are loving and satisfying or the things that give peace and contentment to the heart and soul

I think everyone has the same fears needs and wants irregardless of financial standing

but you are right to ask the question 'where is your heart?' I would agree that is the real question Jesus is asking

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Solomon was rich, and he stayed with God (for a bit) and came back after. David was rich. Heck David was king!! And he was literally "The man after God's own heart" ! I don't think status or wealth should be a reason to judge someone, rich or poor. Granted they have a way larger myriad of temptations at their disposal, still.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Last week I was out on the street and I walked by two men who were talking and just happened to hear one of them say, minus the explicitives, "I earn $1200 a week clear and I'm always broke. I don't understand it!"

And I thought, wow $1200 a week clear, how much money I could save toward buying our own home with that kind of money...

Money is not the problem!

billsull

Aug 23, 2019
Solomon was an idolater who brought about a kingdom divided against itself will not stand. I found me a captain after my own heart who does my commandments primarily refers to the only begotten Son who came from the bosom of the Father and declared him. I am aware of the Holy Spirit quoting this rabbi quote in acts, the same rabbis who rejected Jesus because he didn't mix well with david. you cannot pour new wine into davids wineskins. outside of Jesus everybodys a domino. love of money the root of all evil allotta money spent on your family the root of all evil same thing. super sized houses and rolls royces indicate love of money the root of all evil. I don't believe this love of money the root of all kinds of evil. Jesus was primarily targeting rich people but it seems a little unjust to tell the rich man to give up everything while the poor widow can hold onto to her 2 mites. let him that have 2 coats impart to him that hath none let him that hath bread do likewise. its a continuum as the more money you spend on your family the more guilty you are for not loving your neighbor as yourself and the more distant you are from the emptying of Jesus who was made after the commandments. the rich man who justified himself by the commandments got judged by this same commandment. concerning the eye of the needle I would say it is impossible for God to put a camel through the eye just by force alone. he microscopically reduces it like fantastic voyage Raquel welch and puts it through. like getting the rich man to reduce his wealth to be rich in good works and also Jesus moving from his infinite mind to a finite mind in a peasant body obedient unto death. sorry for the misspellings.

billsull

Aug 23, 2019
correction the more money you spend on your family above average!!!!!!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Rich can also be subjective. As I heard t said, I remember my dad said that his daddy thought his uncle was the richest man in the world because he had cold cokecola.

I’m sure I’m thought of as rich compared to those in India who make nothing or pennies a day. Just saying...

Feb 28, 2016
the 'bondage to mammon' is the 'root' problem, so much so,
that our Jesus tells us that we cannot serve God and mammon' -
insecurity and greed are a mixture that is lethal to our relationship
with our Heavenly Father...

as it is written;
1TI. 6:6.
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

PHI. 4:11.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed
both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Much has been said about the rich.
They are evil.
They love money.
They should pay more taxes.
They are crooks.
Most people are poor because of the rich.

What is your definition of rich?
What salary would one have to earn to be rich?
What net worth makes one rich?
Rich is relative.... in America I am below poverty; compared to a person in a third world country I am mega rich... come to think of it compared to those in LA .... if we count the homeless... I know people in CA (the Democratic government don't like to count them as people). I have a 2008 car paid for, electric/ water/sewage/gas bill current, and my mortgage is paid off. I have a credit card that has a $7,000 and I can only make the minimum payment.... So, yeah!!! LET'S ALL HATE THE RICH!!! LOLL...LOL...LOL....

Sep 16, 2019
Much has been said about the rich.
They are evil.
They love money.
They should pay more taxes.
They are crooks.
Most people are poor because of the rich.

What is your definition of rich?
What salary would one have to earn to be rich?
What net worth makes one rich?
It's not how much money you get its more what one is doing to help with that money.

What good is it to acquire all the money in the world just to lose your soul in the process

Oct 29, 2019
"Rich" just a word people use to describe someone they believe to be better of monetarily, they are not a special group of people that squash or take from the poor, they are just like everyone else, just with more understanding when it comes to money management.

Majority of the "poor" or "middle class" workers are just that "workers" they never expand outside of their comfort zone, they don't take risks and very often borrow money to buy liabilities that will keep them down.

Most "Rich" on the other hand rarely, buy things that are liabilities most of their income goes towards acquiring assets that will build their wealth, they also take advantage of compound interest from a very young age and end up generating quite a large sum of money by their 30s.

Summing it up, We have wise decisions leading to success while, foolish ones lead people towards failure.
Nothing magical about it.