Robot 'Killed' After Being 'Run Over' By Self-Driving Tesla There's video

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
worked, they may have had a love/hate relationship.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Would this be considered 'manslaughter'?
Maybe Botslaugher? Or , Botbump?
I loved the guy that ran over as if to help the robot up. But then he looked at it as if to say, that's just too heavy to try to lift into a bot-standing-position. :giggle: Tesla driver just kept going. I wonder if there was a front bumper ding? If so how to explain that to insurance?
I swear it was a robot and it came out of nowhere! But I just kept going because , you know, that robot could have been up to something. Like...car jacking. :ROFL:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
And on a more serious note...

If a self driving car actually does kill a human,
just who precisely is held responsible for that?

It think it absolutely WILL happen eventually for the very reason that no actual individual will ever be held criminally responsible.
You can sue various corporations involved, but no actual human individual will be responsible and thus criminally liable.
If no individual is ever personally responsible, then hey, who really cares if our company kills a few people?

We're heading down a "bad road."

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
And on a more serious note...

If a self driving car actually does kill a human,
just who precisely is held responsible for that?

It think it absolutely WILL happen eventually for the very reason that no actual individual will ever be held criminally responsible.
You can sue various corporations involved, but no actual human individual will be responsible and thus criminally liable.
If no individual is ever personally responsible, then hey, who really cares if our company kills a few people?

We're heading down a "bad road."

Agreed. I think in matters of driving we have to take responsibility. However, more and more we're being marketed items that make our lives easier by giving responsibility for all sorts of things to machines.
Like vacuuming our own homes. See, Roomba. Which actually maps the floor plan of your home as it vacuums and sends that to the manufacturer.
Fatalities have already occurred in the "autopilot" mode on Tesla. See here

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
The idiot checking the robot never looks at the oncoming traffic. Did he think he was immune to being the next victim? Maybe he is a designer with blind faith in his self-driving creations.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
If a robot car hits a robot man, do they call the robot police?
They've got a robot for clean up already. ;)

The idiot checking the robot never looks at the oncoming traffic. Did he think he was immune to being the next victim? Maybe he is a designer with blind faith in his self-driving creations.
To be fair, he could have looked both ways before coming into frame.