C
chubbena
Guest
Yes exactly.Why be coy? You know that day hasn't come yet.
Yes exactly.Why be coy? You know that day hasn't come yet.
Exodus 20:[SUP]8 [/SUP]Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
[SUP]10 [/SUP]But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
[SUP]11 [/SUP]For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(a commandment) don't we all agree?
Mark 6:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
Jesus keeping the Sabbath not sunday.
To be a Christian mean to be a follower of Jesus Christ so why are so many Christians avoiding this one simple thing. Sunday worship did not come from Christ.
John 5:
[SUP]46 [/SUP]For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
[SUP]47 [/SUP]But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
That's one of the way out for slaves but some has the freedom choose not to.My own understanding is that the sabbath was meant for us, not for the Lord. We need a day's rest, and if we have to work on the your sabbath, then we find another day in the week to get our rest.
I don't think the Lord is looking to condemn us on technicalities. He just wants us to learn to love him with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. Part of that, I believe, is recognizing we need a day of rest each week. Otherwise we are too tired to do his will.That's one of the way out for slaves but some has the freedom choose not to.
I withdraw my likeMaybe I should add to my last post that I do believe we need a day of rest each week. Or if we can't get a full day of rest, then we need two half days, or four quarter days.
Sometimes I cannot get my rest on my sabbath because I have responsibilities that require I work. So what do I do? What I do is this: For the next two days, I require myself to come home and rest after I get off work. What else can I do?I withdraw my likefrom your last post then
because in effect you are saying one can rest 1/7 everyday without taking a day off or work non-stop for a year and take 52 days off. That I don't agree
![]()
Sometimes I cannot get my rest on my sabbath because I have responsibilities that require I work. So what do I do? What I do is this: For the next two days, I require myself to come home and rest after I get off work. What else can I do?
Yeah for sure I'll take two days thanks, no make that 3I don't think the Lord is looking to condemn us on technicalities. He just wants us to learn to love him with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. Part of that, I believe, is recognizing we need a day of rest each week. Otherwise we are too tired to do his will.
I do not agree with you interpretation of the purpose of the sabbath. Here is what I believe:Physically, what you're proposing is just fine. But the point of the Sabbath wasn't just about a physical day off. It was a sign to Israel and other that they were set apart, and that day was set apart from all others. The true Sabbath doesn't occur on any random day out of 7. The Sabbath is a specific day.
Now, if your job requires you to work on the Sabbath, work on the Sabbath.
Who gave you your job? God.
Who gave the instruction to obey the Sabbath? God.
If you're required to work on the Sabbath, He is aware of it. Work that day as unto God. Recognize that it's the Sabbath and it's still set apart. The priests did double duty on the Sabbath, and did twice as many offerings. They "worked" harder than just about anyone on the Sabbath. The thing was though, they were serving God even while working.
So if you're require to work on the 7th day, work as unto God and approach it as a set apart time to minister to Him and others. And if the Sabbath truly is on your heart, keep praying for the day where He will give you Sabbath off.
I do not agree with you interpretation of the purpose of the sabbath. Here is what I believe:
[27] And he said to them, "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath;
[28] so the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath." Mark 2:27-28 RSV
I believe Jesus was God in flesh, but I believe this is the answer you are looking for:What did God say about the Sabbath when He gave it?
I believe Jesus was God in flesh, but I believe this is the answer you are looking for:
[8] "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[9] Six days you shall labor, and do all your work;
[10] but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates;
[11] for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it. Ex 20:8-11 RSV
I believe Jesus was God in flesh, but I believe this is the answer you are looking for:
[8] "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
[9] Six days you shall labor, and do all your work;
[10] but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates;
[11] for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it. Ex 20:8-11 RSV
The Sabbath is not for Christians.
The Sabbath was given to Israel as a Sign (Ezek. 20:11-20).
Also; Christians back in the first century met on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7 & 1 Cor. 16:2).
Honor the day if you want to, but keep your faith in the work of the cross.
No. As Jesus says, we were not made for the sabbath. The sabbath was made for us. We need a day of rest each week, so get a day of rest. The Lord did not create a bunch of hoops for us to jump through. There is a purpose for each commandment.Right, and while there certainly is a blessing for the person keeping the Sabbath, it is a Sabbath to the Lord.
Genesis 2:3 "So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation."
Deuteronomy 5:12-15 "‘Observe the sabbath day to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. 13‘Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15‘You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day."
Exodus 31:17 "“It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed.”
No. As Jesus says, we were not made for the sabbath. The sabbath was made for us. We need a day of rest each week, so get a day of rest. The Lord did not create a bunch of hoops for us to jump through. There is a purpose for each commandment.