Sabbath or Sunday which one is for the true followers of Chirst?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JosephIsrael
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nowhere did Christ, or his apostles, command the NT church to remember the Sabbath.
There's a lot Christ or His apostles did not mention. Does it mean they are all obsolete? Of are they all understood to be valid?
Now Jesus did mention Sabbath. He said it's lawful to do good and to heal on the Sabbath cf Matthew 12:12 - the same in OT, the same in the time the Christ walked on earth. The same not now?
His followers did rest according to the commandment after He died cf Luke 23:56. Out of ignorance?
The Word of God which gave the commandments in Exodus 20 also said in Mark 2:27 "the Sabbath is made for man." Did He change His commandments?
 
EPh 2:15 "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

So the OT law has been abolished. Abolished in Eph 2:15 is katargeō meaning to make inactive, deprive of force or power.
If one reads Ephesian 2:1-3, one would find out Paul was speaking to Ephesians i.e. the pagans who used to worship Diana, similar to the Colossians who used to worship angels, whom deserved the way of the people of Jericho and Ai i.e. annihilation but now through the blood in Christ, the hostility between God's chosen and the pagan are no more. Instead of annihilation, gospel is preached.
 
The idea of an all night Bible Reading service keeps popping up in my mind lately. I'm not sure of the logistics of it, or the interest from our church, but it's something I'm thinking about.
It would be very tiresome..... However, quite a few of us have no problem staying up late watching the Spurs against the Heat. It's all in our choice and mindset :)
 
It would be very tiresome..... However, quite a few of us have no problem staying up late watching the Spurs against the Heat. It's all in our choice and mindset :)

Who against whom? My two favorite teams are Tinkoff-Saxo Bank and Trek Factory Racing.
 
It would be very tiresome..... However, quite a few of us have no problem staying up late watching the Spurs against the Heat. It's all in our choice and mindset :)

Not sure which side you're a fan of, but the Spurs sure were playing pretty basketball in the 1st half.
 
Nowhere did Christ, or his apostles, command the NT church to remember the Sabbath.

There's a lot Christ or His apostles did not mention. Does it mean they are all obsolete? Of are they all understood to be valid?

You know, my Mom always told me to wash my hands after I went to the bathroom. But then she stopped telling me as I got older.

Doesn't mean I should stop just because she stopped telling me.
 
Not sure which side you're a fan of, but the Spurs sure were playing pretty basketball in the 1st half.
I'm a fan of those who are a fan of Christ but on the other hand I hate those not acting like one and gang up in the best of their years for a ring without a spine.
So the Spurs it is.
However, I have learnt to take care of this body and seldom stay up after 11pm except the all exciting Friday nights when we usually have gatherings until very late. So I don't miss the games...
 
I'm a fan of those who are a fan of Christ but on the other hand I hate those not acting like one and gang up in the best of their years for a ring without a spine.
So the Spurs it is.
However, I have learnt to take care of this body and seldom stay up after 11pm except the all exciting Friday nights when we usually have gatherings until very late. So I don't miss the games...

Spurs in 6.
 
You know, my Mom always told me to wash my hands after I went to the bathroom. But then she stopped telling me as I got older.

Doesn't mean I should stop just because she stopped telling me.
in the marines they teach us not to piss on our hands - The Negotiator 19:98 ;)
 
in which I meant basketball is very much perverted in NBA...sorry OP, off topic...

1 more off-topic.....
I prefer the college game FAR more than the NBA. There's actually real basketball in the NCAA.
Although I will say the way the Spurs play is about as pure as it gets in the NBA.

Now I'm done. Sorry.
 
1 more off-topic.....
I prefer the college game FAR more than the NBA. There's actually real basketball in the NCAA.
Although I will say the way the Spurs play is about as pure as it gets in the NBA.

Now I'm done. Sorry.
I am a serious offender now but allow me for just one more.
I prefer games played by kids, I mean 7-8 year olds who could barely dribble or shoot the ball, in which they often violate every single rule but give the fans the best laugh, not heart attack, or this

https://www.historicacanada.ca/content/heritage-minutes/basketball

I surely hope this is what will be played in the new heaven and new earth.
 
I may have been too snarky in my last post, and not actually clear with the doctrine, or it's interpretation.

I would not put myself in the "anti-Sabbath" camp.
It is GOOD to take a Sabbath.

It is accepted by the Jewish community that Saturday is the official Sabbath,
and accepted by the majority of Christians that a Sunday Sabbath is a substitute for a Saturday Sabbath.

But as a Believer and follower of Christ, I gather with my fellow Believers on Sunday. There are many Beleivers who gather on Saturday, although none in my community, and they are also right in doing so.

We must remember the words of Christ, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath"


Hebrew 3 and 4 explain the doctrine clearly, that Christ is the REST for God's people, that He is our Sabbath.

"There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience" (Hebrews 4:9-11)

this rest is not a special day of the week, but a whole new lifestyle of resting on Christ daily.
 
Here is an example I found when trying to clarify my thoughts:

Twenty-two years ago, I was living in Hawaii, and was engaged to a lovely girl who lived in Montana and whom I hadn't seen for three or four years.
We were writing back and forth in those lonely days, and she sent me her picture. It was a beautiful picture and I showed it to all my friends dozens of times. I propped it up on the desk and I would look at it at least three or four times a day. It was all I had to remind me of her and it served moderately well for that purpose.
But one wonderful day she arrived in Hawaii and I saw her face to face. I didn't spend much time with the picture after that, nor have I since. The other day I was cleaning out the garage and ran across the picture. It was still a beautiful picture, and I noted that she had not changed very remarkably since those days, but I found that the picture was quite incomplete and unsatisfying. When the real thing came there was no longer any need for the picture.


This is exactly what happened with these Old Testament shadows, including the Sabbath. When the Lord came, and his work was ended, making possible the true fulfillment of God's intention in the Sabbath, the picture was no longer needed. The weekly sabbath ended at the cross. Paul specifically says this. In the letter to the Colossians he confirms it to us. In Chapter 2, beginning with Verse 13, he says,

And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, having canceled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in it
[not him; it, the cross].
Therefore, let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a sabbath. These are only a shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. (Colossians 2:13-17)



​
Jesus is our Sabbath Rest
 
The verse you quoted is not about the Sabbath it is about circumcision. Try to stay on topic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

"And the dragon was wroth with the woman,
and went to make war with the remnant of her seed,
which keep the commandments of God,
and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." -Revelation 12:17.

You dont plan on being with the remnant then?


"Here is the patience of the saints:
here are they that keep the commandments of God,
and the faith of Jesus." -Revelation 14:12.
So you will not be with the victorious saints?

Im not circumcized either
But I keep the Sabbath
So shouls you if you folow the Bible.



 
When was the Law Given?

When was the Sabbath given?

Will the law be here at the end of the world?

Will the law be here until the end of the world?

Would you like to se the four Bible verses that prove those four things?

Let me now.
 
When people talk about keeping sunday, do you always tell them they dont need to be circumcised?

Why do sunday keeprs thin the Sabbath has anything to do with circumcising Jewish population? They are different things altogether

I fail to see the connection at all.