Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I read your post after replying above, we seem to be on the same page. That is a coincidence.. Good night from España...

Jaumej, preacher4truth will make many accusations they are generic btw.. let the mud slide off my dear.. just how He works. Salt and pinch needed.

Dec 28, 2016
Jaumej, preacher4truth will make many accusations they are generic btw..
You got anything to back that up, or is it just you breaking the 9th commandment again? Anyone with a bit of honesty will see that my comments and accusations of him are founded as they are based on his words.

Why is it that you all talk so big about law keeping, yet break the commandments on here with false accusations daily??? Is that deception part of the package deal that comes along with your false gospel? :confused:

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
=
mailmandan;3394217]No need for straw man arguments. The New Covenant has replaced the Old Covenant. Hebrews 8:13 - In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

The moral precepts of 9 of the 10 commandments are repeated under the New Covenant, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.
The New Covenant did not in any way alter, change or amend God's Laws. You can find nothing that says so.

Col. 2 does not say God nailed His Sabbath, that He created for man, to the cross. You are creating your own religion based on the distorted interpretation of this one scripture. I understand you MUST believe this in order to justify your transgression of God's Commandments by your own traditions, I am hoping you will trust in the God of the Bible enough listen to Him.

Col. 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Jesus said God's Sabbath was specifically created for man. Yet you preach it is against us. This is how I know which preaching to believe Dan. I trust Jesus over man.

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

To believe you and "MANY" who come in Christ's name, I would also have to ignore and reject the Word's of Christ regarding His Sabbath, which I can not do.

I would have to believe Jesus "Spoiled" God who created the Law "many" preach was nailed to the cross, which is foolishness.

I would have to believe Jesus made a show of God "openly" when He rose from the dead, which is brain damage since the text says "THEM" and not HIM as "many" preach to anyone who will listen to THEM.

And I would have to believe that Jesus, after "Spoiling His Father, and exposed Him before all, then "Triumphed" over God which is also brain damage because the text also says "THEM" and not Him as you preach.

Since the Jesus of the Bible is the same God that created the Sabbath and all of God's Laws, then they are actually preaching Jesus "spoiled" Himself. That He exposed Himself as creating Laws that were against us, That He triumphed over Himself when He nailed the Laws He created for man to the cross.

Of course a child can see they are mistaken about these scriptures. That it wasn't the Laws of God that were against the Gentiles and Paul, rather, it was the handwritten Laws the Mainstream church of that time had created for centuries.

Tradition of men, Rudiments of the World, vain deceit. The Pharisees had created their own Law.

"By our Law He should die", so they killed Him. But he didn't stay dead did He Dan. They were the power and the principality of that time and He spoiled them. He rose from the dead making a show of THEM openly. He triumphed over THEM in His resurrection.

He triumphed over the "tradition of man" over the "rudiments of the world" over "vain deceit.". not God's Laws.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

All these things are not "rudiments of the world, they are not "tradition of men" or "vain deceit". They are of the "body of Christ", the creator God of the universe.

So when mainstream religions scorn, insult and try to judge a man for honoring God by obeying Him, and not their ancient church traditions, don't let them.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Because all these things are Spiritual and they, along with the Pope that they place your trust in, do not submit to God's Righteousness, therefore they can not know what the heck they are talking about.

And this is painfully evident by how you preach regarding Col. 2.

If you don't understand these simple truths, then how can you know anything else Paul teaches.

Paul tries to explain these things in Romans 2. But natural man CAN'T hear him. So for those "SEEKERS" who might be reading along, please consider.

Rom. 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man,(No Jew, no Gentile) that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Of course Paul calls God's Laws "GOOD". But then for men to accept this, they would have to admit the Laws of God are not against us, and their entire doctrine centered around a false definition of Col. 2 comes crashing down.

"5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man (No Jew, No Gentile, Every man)according to his deeds:"

How can this be? Salvation, according to MCC, has nothing whatsoever to do with our deeds.

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

What, this can't so. Dan, you and EG and Joel Olsteen preach every day that I can't "Earn" any part of my salvation.

Why is Paul saying that "THOSE" who patiently continue in "Well doing" to seek for immortality, will get eternal life? And do you think God considers obeying Him and His Commandments "Well doing"? Or do you preach God wants us to reject His Word and create images of a centerfold playgirl model and call him Jesus. Or do we create our own Sabbaths and High Days while rejecting His Word as "Jewish".

My Brothers, can you not see what Paul is saying here.

He continues.

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Is it good to obey God, or Evil? Is sin, transgression of God's Laws, Good, or Evil? Is creating traditions that transgress God's Commandments good, or evil?

Is honoring God' with obedience good or Evil?

Dan, you said: "
Paul was showing the self-righteous Jews who judged the Gentiles that they were not able to measure up to the perfect standard of the law"
Where do you get this from Rom. 2. Who teaches you these things? Not Paul.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. We either believe in the God/Jesus of the Bible, with no ending and no beginning, or we believe in the gods created by religious man.

It's as old a battle as they come starting with Eve, who was convinced by a power who used parts of God's Word, to listen to another god.

He who has an ear, let him hear.

Last edited:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The New Covenant did not in any way alter, change or amend God's Laws. You can find nothing that says so.
You continue to contradict God and the Bible. Had the Old Covenant been satisfactory, God would not have brought in a New Covenant. What you are trying to do is to nullify the finished work of Christ and what He accomplished for our redemption.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second... In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.(Heb 8:7,13) [What does God mean by "vanish away"?]

The very fact that a New Covenant went into effect the day Christ died means that the Old Covenant is obsolete. And since it is the Holy Spirit who says it is obsolete, you are contradicting God the Holy Spirit. A very dangerous position for anyone who understand what that means.

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. (Heb 3:12).

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. (Heb 4:3)

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? (Heb 7:11)

For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God...For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Heb 7:19,28)

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (Heb 8:8,9)

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament [covenant], that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance... For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures [types or shadows] of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us(Heb 9:15,24)

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. (Heb 10:1,2)

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God;Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:19-22).

Jun 5, 2017
Hello MMD,

How can you know the scriptures if you do not KNOW what the Gospel is and you only choose to believe some of God's Word but do not FOLLOW?

This post in in reply to your post # 4589 to Studyman please forgive me for jumping into your conversation but I thought it would be good to share the scriptures. I will break the reply to address everything in your post above into a number of smaller posts starting here in Post 1/5

No need for straw man arguments. The New Covenant has replaced the Old Covenant. Hebrews 8:13 - In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
It seems you have not considered many scripture in this reply my dear friend. If you do not know what the OLD Covenant is how can you know what the NEW Covenant is?

Can you explain what the Old Covenant was and what the NEW Covenant is?

Why do we in the NEW Covenant no longer have to do animal sacrifices?

Why does it say in the NEW Testament under the NEW COVENANT that;

1. The Law of God (10 commaandments) reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4).
2. The Law of God is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31).
3. God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5).
4. That Jesus came not to abolish God's law, but to fulfil it ( Matt 5:17-20 ).
5. God's Law is the embodiment of truth that instructs ( Rom 2:18-19 ).
6. God's Law is "holy" and "spiritual, " making sin known to us by defining it; therefore, Paul delights in it ( Romans 7:7-14 Romans 7:22 ).
7. God's law is good if used properly ( 1 Tim 1:8 ), and is not opposed to the promises of God ( Gal 3:21 ).
8. Faith does not make the God's Law void, but the Christian establishes the law ( Rom 3:31 ),
9. Fulfilling God's Law is required by walking according to the Spirit ( Rom 8:4 ) through love ( Rom 13:10 ).

Why does Jesus and the Apostle teach to follow God's LAW if there is no more LAW?

Jesus taught the 10 commandments…..

1. Jesus kept God’s Law (10 commandments) and said the Law and the prophets would not pass away (Matt 5:17-18)
2. Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
3. Jesus taught that Love is the fulfilling (doing) of God’s Law (10 commandments Matt 22:36-40)
4. If we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not following God (Matt 15:3-9)
5. Jesus says if we commit sin we are a servant of sin and he has come to free us from sin (John 8:32-36)
6. Jesus taught if you love God you will keep God’s Law and abide in His Love (John 14:15; 15:10
7. If anyone is breaking any of God’s commandments and teaching others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven <least = lost> (Matt 5:19)
8. No one can obey God’s Law producing the fruit of obedience of ourselves and unless we abide in Jesus we can do nothing (John 15:4-10)

Paul affirms the Ten Commandments……

1. Paul teaches God's people keep the Sabbath Hebrews 4.
2. Paul tells gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Cor 7:19
3. Paul tells gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Rom 2:13-16
4. Paul asks that gentiles consider the doctrine of LAW "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we establish the Law of God" Rom 3:31
5. Paul tells ALL Christians that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Rom 8:6-8
6 Paul reaches all Christians under the NEW Covenant that God's LAW as known in Jer 31:31-33 is "written on the heart and mind" Heb 8:7-11
7. Paul tells all Christians that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine 2Tim 3:16
AND He never claims that "if I did not write it -- it is not scripture for us today" -- as one or two have imagined for us.
8. Paul tells all Christians that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" Eph 6:1-2 and is binding on all Christians.
9. God's Law (10 commandments) are holy, just and good (Rom 7:12)
10. God's Law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Rom 3:20; 7:7)
11. The penalty of breaking God's Law without Jesus is death (Rom 6:23)
12. If we break God's Law we dishonor God (Rom 2:23)
13. If we sin we are "under the Law" and guilty before God (Rom 3:19)
14. We are saved by faith but our faith establishes the Law in us (Rom 3:31)
15. If we are saved by grace we should not break God's Law (Rom 6:1-7)
16. We should not break God's Law if we are under grace (Rom 6:15)
17. We are to serve the Law of God through the mind because that is where sin starts (Rom 6:17; 7:25; 8:4; 12:2)
18. It is God's Law that brings us to Jesus (Gal 3:24)
19. God's salvation frees us from sin so we can be obedient to God's Law and live a life of holiness (Rom 6:22)
20. We will be judged by God's Law and only those that are obedient will be justified because of their faith (Rom 2:4-13)
21. God's Law can only be obeyed through love and a changed heart which comes by faith in God's Word (Rom 2:21-29; 13:9-10; Heb 8:9-10)
22. If we break God's Law and are in unrepentant sin we will be lost and will received God's judgements (Heb 10:26-27)

John affirms the 10 commandments……

1. John says it is only by keeping God’s 10 commandments that we know that we know God (1 John 2:3)
2. If someone says that they know God and do not keep God’s 10 commandments they are lying and not telling the truth (1 John 2:4)
3. We should purify ourselves as Jesus is pure (1 John 3:3)
4. Sin is the breaking of God’s 10 commandments (1 John 3:4)
5. Whoever is abiding in Christ does not commit sin (1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10)
6. If you are in unrepentant sin you have not seen Jesus or know him (1 John 3:6)
7. John warns us that only those that are obedience to God’s Law are his true followers (1 John 3:7)
8. If someone is committing unrepentant sin they are following the devil and not God (1 John 3:7)
9. If you are born of God and abiding in him you will not commit sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10
10. It is the keeping of God’s commandments that is the difference between those that are following God and those that are not following God (1 John 3:10; 1 John 5:3)
11. It is only by Love through faith that we can keep God’s commandments (1 John 5:3-4)
12. God’s true believers in the end days will keep all of God’s commandments through faith in Jesus (Rev 14:12; 22:14)

James also affirms the 10 commandments…….

1. James says God’s Law (10 commandments) are a Royal Law (James 2:8)
2. If we break one of God’s commandments we a guilty before God as sinners breaking all of God’s Law and gave some examples of breaking God’s Law (James 2:9-11)
3. James says God’s Law is a law of liberty and freedom (James 2:12)
4. The 10 commandments (God’s Law) are the standard in the judgment (James 2:12)
5. If our faith does not have the fruit of obedience to God’s Law it is dead and not true faith (James 2:16-26)

Peter affirms the 10 commandments……..

1. Sanctification is to obedience to God’s Law (1 Pet 1:2)
2. We can only be changed from sin to obedience to God’s Law by the power of God and it will be revealed in the last days (1 Pet 1:5)
3. We should give up our sins to be holy because Jesus is holy (1 Pet 1:13-16)
4. Jesus is your example who did no sin (1 Pet 2:21-22)
5. Cease from sin and do not live in the flesh (1 Pet 4:1-3)
6. Judgement will begin at the house of God and sinners (those breaking God’s 10 commandments) will not be saved.
7. God has given us his precious promises and as we believe them God will grant us his divine power to live a life of Godliness (obedience to God’s Law; 2 Pet 1:2-4)
8. The Un-Godly (disobedient to God’s Law) will be like Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Pet 2:6)
9. If any turn away from God’s Law and are in unrepentant sin breaking any of God’10 commandments they will be lost (2 Pet 2:20-22)
10 God is not willing that any should perish but that everyone should come to repentance and turn away from sin to follow God’s 10 commandments because those that do not will receive the judgements of God (2 Pet 3:5-14)

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Rev 14:12; Rev 22:14; Eze 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24; 1 Cor 11:1; Eph 5:1-21; Pet 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)

God’s Law in the NC is written on our hearts it is through love and it is love the fulfils God’s Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the spirit and is why Jesus says f you love me keep my commandments. (John 14:15; John 15:10). If we knowingly break one of God’s commandments we commit sin (1 John 3:4). This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which Jesus made for us and commands us to keep as a holy day.

It seems you do not know the scriptures or what the OLD and NEW Covenants are. If you do not know the scriptures how can you know what the Gospel is if you separate God's LAW from Grace as the one leads to the other.... This is the NEW Covenant.

IN times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Jun 5, 2017
Post 2/5

CONTINED reply to post # 4589

The moral precepts of 9 of the 10 commandments are repeated under the New Covenant, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. - Acts 14:15
2. You shall make no idols. - 1 John 5:21
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. - James 5:12
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. - Not binding on the Church - Colossians 2:16-17
5. Honor your father and your mother. - Ephesians 6:1-2
6. You shall not murder. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 John 3:15
7. You shall not commit adultery. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
8. You shall not steal. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 4:28
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Romans 13:9-10; Colossians 3:9-10
10. You shall not covet. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 5:3
Well that is not true whatsoever. SIN is the transgression on God's LAW and if you KNJOWINGLY break God's LAW and do not seek God in REPENTANCE, CONFESSION and FORGIVENESS it will keep you out of God's Kingdom because you have rejected the gift of God's dear son (Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Hebrews 10:26-27)

We are told very clearly in James 2:8-12 that if we break just one of the 10 commandments you a guilty before God of breaking all of them.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it just like any of the other 10 when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

let's look at the scriptures you missed out quoting above.........

God's Law (10 commandments) in the New Testament

1 You shall have no other gods before Me.
It is written: You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve. (Luke 4:8; Matthew 4:10; Revelation 14:7)

2 You must not make for yourself a carved image, a likeness of anything in heaven, on earth, or under the sea.
God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24; Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Peter 4:3; 1 John 5:21; Revelation 2:14)

3 You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
(1 Timothy 6:1, James 2:7)

4 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. (Mark 2:27-28, Hebrews 4; Matthew 12:8; Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56(Mark 2:28; Matthew 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; 1 Peter 2:20-22; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelations 1:10 Is binding on all mankind today COL 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH THREAD (Linked)

5 Honour your father and mother.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (Ephesians 6:1; Colossians 3:20; Matthew 15:4; Matthew 19:19)

6 You shall not murder.
I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:44-45; Matt. 5:21-26; Romans 13:9; 1 Timothy 1:9; 1 John 3:15; James 2:11; Matthew 19:18)

7 You shall not commit adultery.
I say to you whoever even looks at another in lust has already committed adultery in their heart. (Matthew 5:28, 1 Cor. 5:11, 1 Cor. 6:18, Galatians 5:19, Hebrews 13:4, James 2:11, Matthew 19:19, Romans 13:9)

8 You shall not steal.
Neither thieves, the greedy, or drunkards and robbers will inherit the Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:10, Romans 2:21, Mark 7:21, Ephesians 4:28, Romans 13:9, Matthew 19:18)

9 You shall not bear false witness.
For by your words, you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. (Matthew 15:19, Ephesians 4:25, Col. 3:9; Matthew 19:18, Romans 13:9)

10 You shall not covet your neighbours possessions.
Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist of the things he possesses. (Luke 12:15, Romans 7:7, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Tim. 6:10, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 13:9)

Jun 5, 2017
Post 3/5

When Sabbatarians set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant would involve compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced. If Sabbath day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place (no traveling) on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).
You are confusing your rules and regulations with the Mosaic laws written in a book for burnt offereing that where shadows of things to come pointing to Jesus (Colossians 2) in order to justify your working on God's Sabbath and breaking it to support your tradition.

It is true the commandment says no work is to be done in the 4th commandment and we are to make preparation for God's Sabbath. Then you quote Ex 16:29 about no travelling and staying at home on God's Sabbath when the scripture is talking about gathering manner in the field on the Sabbath?

This only shows why I asked you the questions what is the Old Covenant? If you do not know what the OLD Covenant is how can you know what the NEW Covenant is? If you do not KNOW what the OLD and NEW Covenants are how can you know what the Gospel is?

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it just like any of the other 10 when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Jun 5, 2017
Post 4/5

These were commanded by God to Israel under the Old Covenant (Exodus 35:1) and NOT THE CHURCH under the New Covenant.
Well that is not true. We are in the NEW Covenant now and God's Word makes it very clear who God's Israel is....

Let's look at the scritprues............

Who are Israel?

"Israel" is only a name given by God himself to represent his people. The origin of the name "Israel" come from Genesis 32:28 where Jacob wrestled with the Angel and prevailed ...for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Its meaning is his posterity will rule as God. Jacob had 12 sons representing the 12 tribes of Israel.

Israel is only a name given by God that represents God's people and today anyone who is following Jesus is part of God's Israel according to God's Word.

What does God's Word say.....................................…

Let God be true and every man a liar that thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He says not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, AND TO YOUR SEED, WHICH IS CHRIST (Galatians 3:16)

Abraham’s seed is Israel............................................

THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE (Galatians 3:28).

No explanation needed, believe God's Word, and again..........................

FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED (Romans 9:6).

FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Romans 2:28-29)

God's Israel...............

Galatians 3:28-29,
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Colossians 3:11,
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Romans 10:11-13,
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 2:28-29,
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel..........................

Jeremiah 31:33-4,
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:10-12,
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 10:14-17,
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, this is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Galatians 3:29,
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise

The New Covenant is for God's Israel which represent God’s followers the believers. If you are not part of God's Israel you are not part of the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:10-12).

God's Israel are those that believe the Word of God and follow it and is why Jesus says If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15)

So NO my friend as shown in Hebrews 8 and all the other scritpures above if you are NOT a part of God's Israel then you are NOT a part of the NEW Covenant. God's WORD and his LAW is given to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW him.

Jun 5, 2017
Post 5/5

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why do not the Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it? If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people. Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations.
You really do have all your laws mixed up my friend.

Now you are quoting scripture in relation to the CIVIL laws of Israel under the Old Covenant.

Did you know we are in the NEW Covenant now and not under the civil laws of Israel?

In the civil laws of Israel the death penalty was required for anyone caught openly sinning and breaking nearly ALL of God's 10 commandments including the 4th commandment. Here are all the other scritpures that you have left out of your post...

Death Penalties under the CIVIL laws of Israel in the Old Covenant.
[TABLE="class: grid, width: 375, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD] Commandment [/TD]
[TD] SIN[/TD]
[TD] REFERENCE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] First[/TD]
[TD] Serviing other Gods[/TD]
[TD] Deut 13:6-18; 1Sam 26:19[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Second[/TD]
[TD] Idolatary [/TD]
[TD] Deut 13:1-10; 17:2-5; 27:15;
Deut 7:25-26
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Third[/TD]
[TD] Using God's name in Vain[/TD]
[TD] Lev 24:10-17 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Fourth[/TD]
[TD] Breaking Sabbath[/TD]
[TD] Exodus 31:14-15; 35:2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Fifth[/TD]
[TD] Dishonor Parents[/TD]
[TD] Lev 20:9; Deut 21:18-21; Ex 21:17[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Sixth[/TD]
[TD] Murder[/TD]
[TD] Ex 21:12-14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Seventh[/TD]
[TD] Adultery[/TD]
[TD] Lev 20; John 8:5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Eighth[/TD]
[TD] Stealing (kidnapping)[/TD]
[TD] Ex 21:16[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Ninth[/TD]
[TD] Lying[/TD]
[TD] Deuteronomy 19:15-21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Tenth[/TD]
[TD] Coveting[/TD]
[TD] none[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

So NO we are in the NEW Covenant and NOT under the CIVIL laws of Israel but the wages of SIN is still death for those who reject the GIFT of God's dear son (Rom 6:23)

Paul is speaking of the entire Law of Moses. It seems dishonest for you to quote Paul OUT OF CONTEXT in Romans 2:11-13 in order to accommodate your biased doctrine. Paul was talking to the Jews (continue to read on in Romans 2:17-24) about their judging of the Gentiles and then points them to their own law (standard of judgment) and hypocrisy and tells them that the doers of the law will be justified before God (verse 13). That leaves them out, along with everyone else (Romans 3:22-28; Galatians 2:16).
It seems with all the scriptures presented above that you are the one doing all the things you are acussing Studyman of doing when he is only trying to point you in the right direction. Are you veiws of the scripture biased and chosen to accomadate your doctine so you can follow the traditions and teachings of men in order to justify breaking God's commandments? You say the scriptures that Studyman quotes is only for the Jew therefore not for you. Yet God's Word says;

2Ti 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

and again.....

Matt 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

So in your view we must believe you over the Word of God when it is written....

Romans 3:4
Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Then you quote Romans 3:22-28 talking about faith, which is fine but then leave out Romans 3:31 which sums up everything Paul is talking about which supports what Studyman is saying to you all along....

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE my friend you are still in your SINS and do not KNOW him who LOVES you. (James 2:18:20:26)

Modern day misguided teachers of the law play the same game in salvation as every other false movement of Christendom. They profess to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, but then redefine this in a way that is contrary to the Gospel of grace. Even though they may even deny this, they teach that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." Their doctrine of salvation is a subtle mixture of law and grace that is a perversion of the Gospel (Galatians 1:6-9). :(
Seems you are mixed up my friend, If you do not know the scriptures how can you KNOW what the Old and NEW Covenants are? If you do not KNOW God's Word how can you know what the Gospel is? You try to separate God's LAW from Grace but you do not know that the one leads to the other.

If you ignore God's Word in order to follow the teachings and traditions in order to justify breaking the commandments of God then this is sad for you my friend come judgement day.:(

IN times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Hope this helps....

Last edited:

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
You continue to contradict God and the Bible. Had the Old Covenant been satisfactory, God would not have brought in a New Covenant. What you are trying to do is to nullify the finished work of Christ and what He accomplished for our redemption.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second... In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.(Heb 8:7,13) [What does God mean by "vanish away"?]

The very fact that a New Covenant went into effect the day Christ died means that the Old Covenant is obsolete. And since it is the Holy Spirit who says it is obsolete, you are contradicting God the Holy Spirit. A very dangerous position for anyone who understand what that means.

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. (Heb 3:12).

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. (Heb 4:3)

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? (Heb 7:11)

For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God...For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Heb 7:19,28)

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (Heb 8:8,9)

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament [covenant], that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance... For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures [types or shadows] of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us(Heb 9:15,24)

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. (Heb 10:1,2)

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God;Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:19-22).
I am not arguing THAT THERE IS A NEW COVENANT, I am showing what the New Covenant is. You preach falsely that the New Covenant is the destruction of the Old Testament Laws basically. That is how mainstream Christianity defends their transgression of God's Commandments by their own Traditions. I have asked any of you guys to show where the New Covenant had to with anything other than the Levitical Priesthood. How God's Laws are administered, and how sins are forgiven.

You refuse to answer this because you cant. I think where you are messed up is that you refuse to separate the Levitical Priesthood from God's Universal Law that Abraham kept. Abraham was justified apart from this "LAW" because Levi wasn't even born yet. You refuse to accept Paul's sentence that this Law was "ADDED" to existing Laws until the SEED should come.

I am still waiting for you guys to show where the new Covenant has altered God's Commandments other than the one Added that Abraham di9dn't have. The Levitical Priesthood that Hebrews 7 specifically references.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

Return, O my soul, to your rest;
for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

For you have delivered
my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling;

I will walk before the Lord
in the land of the living.

(Psalm 116:6-9)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
it's really very simple. doesn't take 15,000 pages in 1,000 threads.

Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the Law), that the Law has jurisdiction over a person only as long as he lives?
(Romans 7:1)

For you have died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
(Colossians 3:3)

it doesn't necessitate the removal of a single jot or even one tittle.
it's just the gospel :)
one perfect sacrifice made us free indeed

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
it's really very simple. doesn't take 15,000 pages in 1,000 threads.

Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the Law), that the Law has jurisdiction over a person only as long as he lives?
(Romans 7:1)

For you have died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
(Colossians 3:3)

it doesn't necessitate the removal of a single jot or even one tittle.
it's just the gospel :)
one perfect sacrifice made us free indeed
The Law is for Law breakers.
Shall we continue in sin that Grace abound? GOD FORBID! How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein?

By HIS stripes we were healed! Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being separated from sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes we were healed. He that was manifested to take away our sins. Purged our conscience (the inner man; who we are) from dead works (sin; for the wages of sin is death) to serve the Living GOD. Vessels made fit for HOLY use!

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will no more be in my remembrance.

Now where freedom of these are, there is no more sacrifice for sin.

For He that sins is a slave to sin. And the sinner shall not abide in the house forever, But the Son forever. And if the Son shall make us free from sin; FREE WE ARE INDEED!

For this purpose the Son of GOD was manifested; to destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his SEED remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. With man this is impossible! But with GOD all things are possible!

Little children let no man deceive you. He that does righteousness is righteous EVEN (JUST)AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS. There hath no temptation taken us but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer us to be tempted above that we are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that we may be able to bear it. For HE has given us all things that pertaineth to life and godliness. It is HE that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure; And greater is HE that is in you than he that is in this world.
(Rom 6:1; 2 Pet 2:24; Heb 9:14, 8 10:1,14-17, 19-21;1Jn 3:9;1Co 10:13; Heb 10:26-29)

[video=youtube;2iwolpiFCPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iwolpiFCPU[/video]

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
=

Col. 2 does not say God nailed His Sabbath, that He created for man, to the cross. You are creating your own religion based on the distorted interpretation of this one scripture. I understand you MUST believe this in order to justify your transgression of God's Commandments by your own traditions, I am hoping you will trust in the God of the Bible enough listen to Him.

Col. 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Jesus said God's Sabbath was specifically created for man. Yet you preach it is against us. This is how I know which preaching to believe Dan. I trust Jesus over man.

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

To believe you and "MANY" who come in Christ's name, I would also have to ignore and reject the Word's of Christ regarding His Sabbath, which I can not do.

I would have to believe Jesus "Spoiled" God who created the Law "many" preach was nailed to the cross, which is foolishness.

I would have to believe Jesus made a show of God "openly" when He rose from the dead, which is brain damage since the text says "THEM" and not HIM as "many" preach to anyone who will listen to THEM.

And I would have to believe that Jesus, after "Spoiling His Father, and exposed Him before all, then "Triumphed" over God which is also brain damage because the text also says "THEM" and not Him as you preach.

Since the Jesus of the Bible is the same God that created the Sabbath and all of God's Laws, then they are actually preaching Jesus "spoiled" Himself. That He exposed Himself as creating Laws that were against us, That He triumphed over Himself when He nailed the Laws He created for man to the cross.

Of course a child can see they are mistaken about these scriptures. That it wasn't the Laws of God that were against the Gentiles and Paul, rather, it was the handwritten Laws the Mainstream church of that time had created for centuries.

Tradition of men, Rudiments of the World, vain deceit. The Pharisees had created their own Law.

"By our Law He should die", so they killed Him. But he didn't stay dead did He Dan. They were the power and the principality of that time and He spoiled them. He rose from the dead making a show of THEM openly. He triumphed over THEM in His resurrection.

He triumphed over the "tradition of man" over the "rudiments of the world" over "vain deceit.". not God's Laws.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

All these things are not "rudiments of the world, they are not "tradition of men" or "vain deceit". They are of the "body of Christ", the creator God of the universe.

So when mainstream religions scorn, insult and try to judge a man for honoring God by obeying Him, and not their ancient church traditions, don't let them.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Because all these things are Spiritual and they, along with the Pope that they place your trust in, do not submit to God's Righteousness, therefore they can not know what the heck they are talking about.

And this is painfully evident by how you preach regarding Col. 2.

If you don't understand these simple truths, then how can you know anything else Paul teaches.

Paul tries to explain these things in Romans 2. But natural man CAN'T hear him. So for those "SEEKERS" who might be reading along, please consider.

Rom. 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man,(No Jew, no Gentile) that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Of course Paul calls God's Laws "GOOD". But then for men to accept this, they would have to admit the Laws of God are not against us, and their entire doctrine centered around a false definition of Col. 2 comes crashing down.

"5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man (No Jew, No Gentile, Every man)according to his deeds:"

How can this be? Salvation, according to MCC, has nothing whatsoever to do with our deeds.

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

What, this can't so. Dan, you and EG and Joel Olsteen preach every day that I can't "Earn" any part of my salvation.

Why is Paul saying that "THOSE" who patiently continue in "Well doing" to seek for immortality, will get eternal life? And do you think God considers obeying Him and His Commandments "Well doing"? Or do you preach God wants us to reject His Word and create images of a centerfold playgirl model and call him Jesus. Or do we create our own Sabbaths and High Days while rejecting His Word as "Jewish".

My Brothers, can you not see what Paul is saying here.

He continues.

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Is it good to obey God, or Evil? Is sin, transgression of God's Laws, Good, or Evil? Is creating traditions that transgress God's Commandments good, or evil?

Is honoring God' with obedience good or Evil?

Dan, you said: "

Where do you get this from Rom. 2. Who teaches you these things? Not Paul.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. We either believe in the God/Jesus of the Bible, with no ending and no beginning, or we believe in the gods created by religious man.

It's as old a battle as they come starting with Eve, who was convinced by a power who used parts of God's Word, to listen to another god.

He who has an ear, let him hear.
he New Covenant did not in any way alter, change or amend God's Laws.

You are quite correct! They are indeed unchanged and their purpose is unchanged.

The NT clearly reveals that the intent of the Law is to convince us that we can't please God by our own efforts; and that we need a Savior to meet God's requirements on our behalf. If you insist on trying to satisfy God's requirements yourself; you may find yourself having to pay the penalty for falling short yourself also.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

You are quite correct! They are indeed unchanged and their purpose is unchanged.

The NT clearly reveals that the intent of the Law is to convince us that we can't please God by our own efforts; and that we need a Savior to meet God's requirements on our behalf. If you insist on trying to satisfy God's requirements yourself; you may find yourself having to pay the penalty for falling short yourself also.
Well said brother! These are sobering words for those who wish to try and satisfy God's requirements for themselves by mixing law and grace.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
By this form of reason one might say he is convinced by the law that he cannot keep it, this is true, but then go on to say, since the law no longer counts, I am perfectly ok to live in sin.

The difference between how the law was seen with the veil of Moses,
andhow the law is seen now is the teaching of Jesus Christ.

The veil removed shows us just how mkuch of the law survives Christ's fulfilling them.

There will never be an abolishing of the Ten Commandments, although so many wish to amend them.

The law, now on my heart, is a beautiful writing filled with love and wisdom, and fortelling of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ tells us to learn from Him for His yoke is easy, His burden is light, yet, so many wish to think they have all the problems of the Galatians, the Corinthians, the Romand, etc.......perhaps some to, but learning from the Master, like Paul and the Apostles, is a gift for any of us if we but receive it.

Do not say the law is unll and void because that is simply not true. I live in the mercy and grace of God, and I know by the Holy Spirit the law is not there to be broken, not in writing with understanding from the spirit for that has placed itin my heart and in the hearts of all who truly believe Jesus Christ.

Do not teach the law is abolished for one simple reason; Jesus does not teach this.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
=MarcR;3395074]

From Dan: Well said brother! These are sobering words for those who wish to try and satisfy God's requirements for themselves by mixing law and grace.

Halleluiah,

Finally you have to admit that the New Covenant has nothing to do with the Law in any way. It is regarding the Priesthood as Heb. 7 specifically states. Praise God for this.

Now that we know the New Covenant had nothing to do with the Law, but the manner in which it is administered, and the manner in which sins are forgiven, we can move on.

The NT clearly reveals that the intent of the Law is to convince us that we can't please God by our own efforts; and that we need a Savior to meet God's requirements on our behalf
So I don't buy into your mainstream preaching here. Jesus said He would give us a "HELPER" which will help us in our walk. Not walk for us. But just for argument purposes lets say Jesus does it all for us, and we do nothing as you all preach.

The end result of this would be a sinless man, yes? If it is Jesus in you and not your own efforts which drive your steps, if Jesus is fulfilling the "Requirement" of the Law in you, then you would be walking just as He walked.

Or is it your preaching that you can still rebel and dishonor God with disobedience with Christ Spirit in you. Because God doesn't see your works, only the Works of Christ 2000 years ago.

I don't mean to be so sarcastic, but since I have been in study of the Bible for over 20 years outside the influence of any religious franchise, the mainstream preaching seem so hypocritical.

If I do as Paul teaches:

Rom. 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

I am a legalist and a Pharisee.

If I go to a Mainstream Church that you and Dan defend, and partake of the image of God you created in the likeness of man, I am "secure in my Salvation".

If I honor God by obeying His Sabbath Commandment, I am SDA or a Pharisee or a legalist and as you just wrote, doomed without Christ in my life.

If I create my own High days and "Feasts unto the Lord" and follow ancient religious traditions created by sun worshippers and not God, I am saved by the Blood of Jesus.

I have never once in my life stated that I don't need Jesus. No one knows better than I that I am in desperate need of His Wisdom and Strength and forgiveness. Just because I strive to follow His Instructions and not ancient religious traditions does not mean I don't need the Christ.

The end result of every righteous faithful example of man in the Bible, is a man that has humbled himself to God's Word, not the traditions and doctrines of man.

Whether man contributes to this, or Jesus does it all, the end result is the same.

Rom. 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Whether He writes His Laws on my heart and I strive to walk in them as He did, or He does the walk for me, the end result is the same.

No more stealing or hating my brother. No more defiling His Holy Sabbaths, no more creating or partaking in the creation of High Days and "Feasts unto the Lord". No more images of some long haired play girl centerfold model they call Jesus.

No more "Transgressing the Commandments of God by religious man's traditions and doctrines. A new man who walks in the "newness" of the Spirit,(Alive to serve) not the oldness of the letter (dead in my transgressions of God's Laws)

JohnTalmid

Mar 17, 2017
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

You believe the Lord Jesus has given you Rest but you refuse it because He worked at the law and you want to as well.

Why would the Lord Jesus Christ offer His Rest if He didn't want people to actually Rest? Its just an intellectual, pie in the sky rest, and then get back to your work at the law?

Those who have gone back to their work at the law have refused the Lords Rest. They have been led away with the error of the wicked. They have not submitted to the righteousness of God. They have entangled themselves, again, in the yoke of bondage. They claim to be free of the law of sin and death but then attempt to be under it again.

People must just not understand. How could they if they go back to their condemnation and death after being Saved by the Lord Jesus Christ?
To think that the Law of the Spirit has any disagreement with The Law, (aka Torah or Instruction) is missing the point entirely of the so called "new covenant". The proper translation of The Torah, (aka Law) is Instruction, and the proper translation of the "new covenant" is actually the renewed covenant.

Many make claim that Jesus is the Christ today. Few hold fast to true doctrine of the Holy Scripture. Inspired writings of Elohim yet disconnecting them from their source of inspiration is not inspired of the God of Israel which led us to know of the Messiah's works. Being saved is like being a grain of salt in a desert. The wind blows you up and down the peaks and valleys of the world. Before you know it you are spent from lack of knowledge. However the people who perfect their Faith in the way instructed have armed themselves with the full knowledge. By the way do they know all wisdom, knowledge, or righteousness? No, however if they practice righteousness the word says they are righteous.

The Holy One, The Messiah Renewed the covenant made with our fathers in a way that guarantees the believer salvation not sanctification. Salvation is a free gift to all mankind. Sanctification through Applying the Word by way of Faith is where participation is required on our behalf. Sabbath observance can be a sign of outward obedience and legalistic ideology just as not guarding Sabbath can be of a legalistic mindset. I have found more self proclaimed and esteemed as Christian believer's to be far more legalistic in their beliefs than many who call themselves truth seekers who trust in the Messiah and Guard The Sabbath. I have found by experience that I can't break the Law of the Spirit because the Spirit inside me doesn't break the Law, it is sin housed in my parts that does sin. This is how I know I'm born again because light has overcome darkness and continues to until the resurrection. Praise the Lord of the Sabbath day my Master Y'shua the Messiah.