SCOTUS upholds constitutional right to SSM, forces all states to recognize SSM

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Gallup used a methodology to mitigate that problem in their polling. The percentages of these polls range from about 3.4% to 3.8% for the entire LGBT demographic (including bisexuals married and unmarried): Special Report: 3.4% of U.S. Adults Identify as LGBT

One funny thing about that poll is that they also questioned people to see how much of the population they thought was gay. It turned out that young people under the age of 25 believed that 30% of the population is gay, when in reality it's only about 1% when discounting bisexuality. Basically the media has brainwashed these poor ignorant kids into believing that homosexuality is far more prevalent than it really is. It's a rare disorder that basically only affects a tiny segment of the population but through bullying tactics and intimidation the left has made into this huge monster of an issue.
 
Because what they do to get their numbers is go and ask people, and their numbers come from only those who answer the polling question. If you have a ton of people who either do not give their opinion/answer or just don't come out and say they are one way or the other. Then their numbers only are based on those who came forward and answered the poll, making it an estimated guess as there can be well more out there that never answered the poll.
That's true, Ken, but we base our opinions on political polls on samplings of fewer than 3,000 people, sometimes less than 1,500. Those polls are scientifically formulated -- well, most of them, as some are deliberately weighted to one slant or the other -- so as to get a good solid cross-section of opinion. Those are the polls that have only a one- to three-point statistical error factor, so 60 million -- and they do send census takers to those houses so as to get answers -- represents a dead-on sampling that has virtually no error.

So you see it is still only estimated guesses because it is only based on people who answered the poll, and does not truly represent all other people who never answered it.
I agree that possible in smaller polls. That's when we occasionally get fooled in statewide or national races. But 60 million? I think that's way more than adequate. I'll admit to not being completely up on polling science, so I could be wrong, too.
 
KennethC, they aren't estimated guesses. These people were all interviewed using behavioral methodologies designed to mitigate the specific concern you continue to falsely assert is a fact so as to elicit the truth from them... every single one of them. Furthermore, this was conducted using scientific statistical processes. Meaning, of course, that your entire premise is false.

But please do continue spamming the board repeatedly with your false assertion if you like. I won't stop you for unlike SCOTUS, I actually hold the Bill of Rights with its freedom or speech and religion in the highest regard.

And, forgive me if I ignore the other faulty false assertions you directed at me personally as I'm busy today resolving various matters and don't have the time to correct all of your ignorance.
 
Last edited:
Well of course and the natural conclusion to the embracement of wickedness and a wicked way of life....!
 
To Vigilant_Warrior regarding your answering post: Respectfully, I disagree. The verse must be read in context, particularly with v. 10, which commands John not to "seal up the words of the prophecy of this book," meaning the Revelation John had just been given. If the book remains open, it has its effect on all men, believing or unbelieving, calling them to account and demanding they choose life or death. And we have the key role in making certain they are able to see Christ lived out in front of them, and that they hear the truth regarding sin, judgment, grace, and mercy. - You are absolutely correct that we must show them how to live and tell them what is right, but I feel sure that we are not supposed to force them to do right through laws other than the ones that prevent immediate harm such as murder and theft etc.
 
That's true, Ken, but we base our opinions on political polls on samplings of fewer than 3,000 people, sometimes less than 1,500. Those polls are scientifically formulated -- well, most of them, as some are deliberately weighted to one slant or the other -- so as to get a good solid cross-section of opinion. Those are the polls that have only a one- to three-point statistical error factor, so 60 million -- and they do send census takers to those houses so as to get answers -- represents a dead-on sampling that has virtually no error.

I agree that possible in smaller polls. That's when we occasionally get fooled in statewide or national races. But 60 million? I think that's way more than adequate. I'll admit to not being completely up on polling science, so I could be wrong, too.

KennethC, they aren't estimated guesses. These people were all interviewed using behavioral methodologies designed to mitigate the specific concern you continue to falsely assert is a fact so as to elicit the truth from them... every single one of them. Furthermore, this was conducted using scientific statistical processes. Meaning, of course, that your entire premise is false.

But please do continue spamming the board repeatedly with your false assertion if you like. I won't stop you for unlike SCOTUS, I actually hold the Bill of Rights with its freedom or speech and religion in the highest regard.

And, forgive me if I ignore the other faulty false assertions you directed at me personally as I'm busy today resolving various matters and don't have the time to correct all of your ignorance.


The 2 of you are stating that it is either not estimated or that they used 60 million people for this poll.
Well the population of the United States is said to be around 320 Million right now, so if you take that number you have around 260 million people that did not answer their poll. That is a lot of people that could be one way or the other, so once again polling 60 million does not give an accurate number....
 
The deceived immoral left can now step up their persecution of Christian institutions and businesses with this ruling in the name of equality and claim that it is both moral and legal to do so. Ultimately, they will be held accountable by God for it.

My expectation is that God will accelerate the spiritual empowering that He has already been infusing genuine Christians, which together comprise the church in the universal theological sense separate from any human institution, as we continue to move rapidly toward the final act in the spiritual war Satan is waging against God.

P.S. KennethC, please proceed to your nearest university and take a research and statistics class to learn how far off the mark you are. Pay attention to the course content that teaches you how "representative sampling assures that inferences and conclusions can safely extend from the sample to the population as a whole." Thanking you in advance for dispelling your own ignorance.


You are right of course, but it's not the Left I fear. I cannot see God appologizing to Sodom and Gomorrah.
 
Leftist persecution madness will now begin in earnest upon genuine Christian institutions celebrated and justified by the mainstream liberal media. It is what it is.


It's not just the marriages, it affects a TON of other areas of life per Liberty Institute...
[video=youtube;R1r5k37o4Io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1r5k37o4Io[/video]
 
The deceived immoral left can now step up their persecution of Christian institutions and businesses with this ruling in the name of equality and claim that it is both moral and legal to do so. Ultimately, they will be held accountable by God for it.

My expectation is that God will accelerate the spiritual empowering that He has already been infusing genuine Christians, which together comprise the church in the universal theological sense separate from any human institution, as we continue to move rapidly toward the final act in the spiritual war Satan is waging against God.

P.S. KennethC, please proceed to your nearest university and take a research and statistics class to learn how far off the mark you are. Pay attention to the course content that teaches you how "representative sampling assures that inferences and conclusions can safely extend from the sample to the population as a whole." Thanking you in advance for dispelling your own ignorance.


No thank you as I am not off the mark, for if they are polling 60 million Americans when there is around 320 million Americans that leaves a lot of people that can be one way or the other. Polls are not necessarily facts !!!

Second I would appreciate it if people would get off the government agenda of Democrat vs. Republican or Lefist vs. Right or non-conservative vs. conservative.

I know of Republicans and Democrats alike that support this decision, as well have all the news sources been talking to people from both sides on this.

I don't support the decision but at the same time our Lord Jesus showed that we are not to force our beliefs on others !!!
 
I'm now putting you on ignore KennethC, not because you're wrong which you certainly are, but because you're recalcitrantly wrong. [h=1][/h]
 
I'm now putting you on ignore KennethC, not because you're wrong which you certainly are, but because you're recalcitrantly wrong.


Whatever you wish as you think you are always so more highly better than others.....................
 
No thank you as I am not off the mark, for if they are polling 60 million Americans when there is around 320 million Americans that leaves a lot of people that can be one way or the other. Polls are not necessarily facts !!!

Second I would appreciate it if people would get off the government agenda of Democrat vs. Republican or Lefist vs. Right or non-conservative vs. conservative.

I know of Republicans and Democrats alike that support this decision, as well have all the news sources been talking to people from both sides on this.

I don't support the decision but at the same time our Lord Jesus showed that we are not to force our beliefs on others !!!

I am not trying to force my belief on anyone.
But I am shouting as loud as I can that it is sin and God will judge those who participate in, approve of, or remain silent.
 
I am not trying to force my belief on anyone.
But I am shouting as loud as I can that it is sin and God will judge those who participate in, approve of, or remain silent.


This is all true that you say, but this is also why it is pretty much impossible for a Christian to be in a position to place agenda's of laws across in this country. As our laws have to incorporate all who live here, and if they don't and are only based on our beliefs then that would be forcing our beliefs as Christians on others who do not believe the way we do.

If a Christian is in one of these places of law making ability then they have some repenting to do by passing a bill like this, because once again all sin can be forgiven of if confessed and we can not just have the person written off for approving of such a bill. This sin is no different than any other, and one of the things I see people doing is letting some off on the sins they do but pretty much condemn others of theirs. Can not have it both ways as there is always time for a person to repent/confess of their sins, but then again Jesus made an example not to hold off on repenting because we are not guaranteed tomorrow....
 
It's not just the marriages, it affects a TON of other areas of life per Liberty Institute...
[video=youtube;R1r5k37o4Io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1r5k37o4Io[/video]


A must see laying out some possible legal scenarios of todays decision even though it was pre-recorded.
 
I gave up on KennethC. He's a Missouri mule who is completely wrong and will fight to the end making false assertions about a subject he has never been educated in and obviously knows nothing about. It is what it is. Ignore. Moving along...


I am not trying to force my belief on anyone.
But I am shouting as loud as I can that it is sin and God will judge those who participate in, approve of, or remain silent.
 
The 2 of you are stating that it is either not estimated or that they used 60 million people for this poll.
Well the population of the United States is said to be around 320 Million right now, so if you take that number you have around 260 million people that did not answer their poll. That is a lot of people that could be one way or the other, so once again polling 60 million does not give an accurate number....



Yes, you really need to take a statistics course, and learn about sampling procedures and accuracy. Random chance dictates that in a large poll, especially 60 million, you are going to get an accurate cross section of what the popular actually believes and thinks.

It's not like you can poll 60 million people and get only middle class born again Christians, and leave the gays and the left wingers in the larger group. Polls just dont't work that way.

I did statistics with a grade 6 class in a small elementary school. We got amazing results - almost the same as the larger samples which the national polls did. It isn't that hard to understand.
 
I disagree with his final statement though largely because radical lefties are now the overwhelming majority in this country amongst the young Millennials and that's where it's going to go. The Soviet Union succumbed to Marxism and now the U.S. has succumbed to cultural Marxism.


A must see laying out some possible legal scenarios of todays decision even though it was pre-recorded.
 
Yes, you really need to take a statistics course, and learn about sampling procedures and accuracy. Random chance dictates that in a large poll, especially 60 million, you are going to get an accurate cross section of what the popular actually believes and thinks.

It's not like you can poll 60 million people and get only middle class born again Christians, and leave the gays and the left wingers in the larger group. Polls just dont't work that way.

I did statistics with a grade 6 class in a small elementary school. We got amazing results - almost the same as the larger samples which the national polls did. It isn't that hard to understand.


Really you to ???

So you are really going to believe that when only 60 million people are polled out of 320 million you will get an accurate result to speak for all people? Come on now as that leaves around 260 million people who were not part of the poll !!!

That is an awful lot of people that were not asked if they are gay or not that can easily change the percentage one way or the other. Because if 80 of those 260 million come out and say they are gay then that would raise that percentage up considerably. You can not have an accurate result when not even 50% of the population was polled !!!

You few can act all highly educational all you want, but it does not take a college degree to know an accurate result can not be given when not even 50% was polled of the population. That leaves way to many up in the air that could go either way.
 
This is all true that you say, but this is also why it is pretty much impossible for a Christian to be in a position to place agenda's of laws across in this country. As our laws have to incorporate all who live here, and if they don't and are only based on our beliefs then that would be forcing our beliefs as Christians on others who do not believe the way we do.

If a Christian is in one of these places of law making ability then they have some repenting to do by passing a bill like this, because once again all sin can be forgiven of if confessed and we can not just have the person written off for approving of such a bill. This sin is no different than any other, and one of the things I see people doing is letting some off on the sins they do but pretty much condemn others of theirs. Can not have it both ways as there is always time for a person to repent/confess of their sins, but then again Jesus made an example not to hold off on repenting because we are not guaranteed tomorrow....

Ken, you may be willing to compromise on this issue, But I will not.
Do I believe that all laws should be based on the Bible, Yes I do, and those who do not like it would be welcomed to leave with a one way ticket.