I wanted to broach a difficult issue. One thing I have seen time and time again, no matter which forum you go on, is intellectual pride. However, I have never really heard anybody preach on this.
Do people think that intellectual pride, to some degree, was a problem that afflicted the religious authorities, both in Jesus' time, and for instance, in the gainsaying of Core?
Did the authorities murder Jesus because they hated being made to look and feel inferior, at all levels, but intellectually too?
Does anyone think this is something that hasn't, (or has), received adequate attention at the pulpit?
Do people think that intellectual pride, to some degree, was a problem that afflicted the religious authorities, both in Jesus' time, and for instance, in the gainsaying of Core?
Did the authorities murder Jesus because they hated being made to look and feel inferior, at all levels, but intellectually too?
Does anyone think this is something that hasn't, (or has), received adequate attention at the pulpit?