Scripture Based Flat Earth Proposition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
It is called 'faith', faith is what fills the gap between believing something is true and knowledge of the truth,

Faith is the reason for the expectation of the thing believed being true and the reason being the evidence of the thing hope for believed being true.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3:15

Since he who comes to God must believe he is, it also requires them to believe he is a rewarder of those who seek him. Thus, there is no reward for simply believing. And without faith it is impossible to please the LORD.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Heb 11:6
1718324981370.png

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. John 7:24
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 2 Cor 5:7
:) The natural physics of water is to find and maintain its level. If Earth were a giant sphere tilted, wobbling and hurdling through infinite space then truly flat, consistently level surfaces would not exist here. But since Earth is in fact an extended flat plane, this fundamental physical property of fluids finding and remaining level is consistent with experience and common sense.

Jul 28, 2017
The natural physics of water is to find and maintain its level. If Earth were a giant sphere tilted, wobbling and hurdling through infinite space then truly flat, consistently level surfaces would not exist here. But since Earth is in fact an extended flat plane, this fundamental physical property of fluids finding and remaining level is consistent with experience and common sense.
Who said that the heaven created in the beginning is infinite.

Jan 13, 2024
Rivers run down to sea-level finding the easiest course, North, South, East, West and all other intermediary directions over the Earth at the same time. If Earth were truly a spinning ball then many of these rivers would be impossibly flowing uphill, for example the Mississippi in its 3000 miles would have to ascend 11 miles before reaching the Gulf of Mexico.

Jan 13, 2024
One portion of the Nile River flows for a thousand miles with a fall of only one foot. Parts of the West African Congo, according to the supposed inclination and movement of the ball-Earth, would be sometimes running uphill and sometimes down. This would also be the case for the Parana, Paraguay and other long rivers.

Jan 13, 2024
If Earth were a ball 25,000 miles in circumference as NASA and modern astronomy claim, spherical trigonometry dictates the surface of all standing water must curve downward an easily measurable 8 inches per mile multiplied by the square of the distance. This means along a 6 mile channel of standing water, the Earth would dip 6 feet on either end from the central peak. Every time such experiments have been conducted, however, standing water has proven to be perfectly level.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
It is called 'faith', faith is what fills the gap between believing something is true and knowledge of the truth,

Faith is the reason for the expectation of the thing believed being true and the reason being the evidence of the thing hope for believed being true.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3:15

Since he who comes to God must believe he is, it also requires them to believe he is a rewarder of those who seek him. Thus, there is no reward for simply believing. And without faith it is impossible to please the LORD.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Heb 11:6
Faith is based on facts, not feelings, opinions or speculation.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
@GaryA, with you and me both being from Texas I know that the flatlands makes it easier to believe in the flat earth theory. However, in my younger days I used to be a pilot in the navy and I can assure you that the earth is a globe.
Okay - how are you going to do that? (assure/convince me)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Okay - how are you going to do that? (assure/convince me)
Simply saying it does not assure/convince me even one tiny little bit.

You must show me how an individual can personally actually verify it without making any assumptions whatsoever based on what some 'authority' has stated as being fact without proof.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Ironically this thread has been going in circles for pages and pages...
Circles are round, right? Just like the earth.
It's a coincidence if the earth is flat and ironic if the earth is a sphere. :LOL: I have a buddy who's curing me of using the word ironic the wrong way.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Did you actually verify that the earth is a globe before making the claim that it is with absolute certainty?
Yes, I went outside and viewed the night sky many times and verified the constellations and their movements are exactly what is predicted by the spherical model. Have you?

You live in the southern hemisphere, right? Tell us, when you look south, are all the stars, including Sigma Octantis (the south celestial pole star) rotating in a perfect circle around Polaris the North Star just like Pastor Dean says?

Do you see how this issue really comes down to "what you believe" rather than "what you can prove" (since it cannot actually be verified)?
It has been verified, and anyone can verify it by educating themselves and observing the stars apparent motion. You just refuse to do it because you don't want to. You WANT the earth to be flat, and you don't care if it's really a sphere.

Introductory Astronomy: Motions of the Stars (youtube.com)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It's a coincidence if the earth is flat and ironic if the earth is a sphere. :LOL: I have a buddy who's curing me of using the word ironic the wrong way.
Yeah, so it's definitely ironic.

My mother was an english minor who corrected our speech all the time when we were kids. Trust me. It is quite ironic.

Jul 28, 2017
So the flat earth has a circumference of 75,000 miles. Well, that is easy enough to prove, sail around the south pole. On a globe it would be approximately 10,000 miles. A wee bit less than the 75,000 it would take to sail around the ice cap that keeps the water from running off the edge.