Secession is the only hope for peace in USA.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The divide is now too great in America for any hope of a united 'peace'. The beliefs are too opposite. They are impossible to bridge. Democrats have shown they are not only unwilling to live under any Republican government, but that they will do all they can to go against such a government, including violence.

It was due to the extreme rhetoric that the shooter tried to kill Republicans at a baseball practice. The Las Vegas shooter specifically targeted a Country Western concert knowing that country western folk are most always Republican and conservative. Yet everyone wants to say they have no motive for the shooting. That is a lie. They know what the motive was, they just don't want to admit it. Then there is Maxine Waters. Black democrat women encouraging targeting and violence upon Conservatives and any who voted for Trump. Thus you have your Antifa thugs attacking legal conservative demonstrations. And when they, the conservatives, fight back they are viewed as the evil ones. Conservatives are harassed by Water's thugs and not allowed to eat at restaurants in public.

And of course now with Kavanaugh Democrats stoop to a new low in searching for any dirt going all the way back to highschool days trying to smear the Supreme Court nominee. Their purpose is delay as everyone knows. Because they just can't see living under a Supreme Court that has a Conservative majority.

The liberal atheistic left is found in the Democratic party. There will be no unity between them and Conservative Republicans. The reason there is great divide politically, is because there is great divide among the people in America. And it is a divide created by our own government. What is the phrase everyone loves to say, and just beam with pride when doing it? "Diversity is our strength" What a lie that is. Diversity is killing the country. It is why there is no unity. It is why there will be no peace as long as we are forced to share the same government.

The only peaceful solution is too allow a secession of some sort so that people can live under the government that they want. I know many will say that will never happen. OK. Then expect the next Civil War, which will be a real Civil War, not just a War between the States.

As to our present experience, I would say for Christians, and Conservatives that if ever there was a time to vote straight ticket, this November this is the time. Every Democrat you put in office is against and will destroy what you believe in.

Quantrill
Do you really want to see another Civil War? The truth is that you have never got over the last one.

L

Locoponydirtman

Why ask me? I doubt many know the history of Quantrill as that history has been distorted. And of course from your response you have bought into that written by the victors.

Quantrill
Famous slave hunter William Clarke Quantrill?

J

Jennie-Mae

Polarizing prevails, that’s for sure.

Why be it so difficult considering differing opinions on cc without resorting to name calling, insults and belittling in general?

Is another opinion than the one and holy, you are holding, so dangerous that is has to be silenced?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Only hope is to vote in November for the party of Lincoln, the GOP.

Don't vote for the party of Quantrill and Jefferson Davis, the Democrats.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Do you really want to see another Civil War? The truth is that you have never got over the last one.
The question is 'do you really want to see a real Civil War?' What you call the 'civil war' was really a 'war between the states'. What you are going to see is a real civil war if some sort of secession is not allowed.

The truth is the yankees have never gotten over the last one. Yall are the ones that keep bringing it up. Not us. Get your facts straight.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Only hope is to vote in November for the party of Lincoln, the GOP.

Don't vote for the party of Quantrill and Jefferson Davis, the Democrats.
What an ignorant post. See again post (#33). The Democratic party today is not what it was in 1861. Neither is the Republican party.
I have clearly told you that I would vote Republican and that I can see no way a Christian can vote democrat.

If I lived in 1861 I would definitely vote democrat. But not now.

So, buy yourself a 101 history book and learn how these things have come to be. Put the doughnut and coffee down and spend a little time studying.

Your obvious effort at trying to identify me with the liberal democrat party of today, is infantile.

Quantrill

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
unless you used different words that mean essentially the same thing?
Well, you wouldn't know because you haven't read anything. Once you read something and can make some kind of reference, then get back with me. Otherwise, you're just a waste of time.

Quantrill
Actually, this member is highly educated with several college degrees and is quite a well-read scholar. Brilliant with mathematics and physics as well. His posts are definitely worth considering and often fascinating. Occasionally amusing too.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Just because I believe a form of 'secession' is the only peaceful solution to the division we have in America, does not make me a racist or white supremacist. And, the form of secession I purpose is not racist. Again, what I am saying is take away the Supreme Courts authority to override the States authority except in areas of military and national defence, and commerce both state and foreign. Thus people could live in any state that reflected more as to how they want to live.

You say I have no case 'Biblically'. Exactly 'what case' are you describing. Your cute article is about racism.

Quantrill
The limits of the authority of the United States Supreme Court is stated in the US Constitution. It is obvious that you really have no use for this document. The last attempt at a secession ended up in a civil war. It certainly was not a peaceful solution then. What exactly is this division anyway and why should anyone really care?

U

UnderGrace

The limits of the authority of the United States Supreme Court is stated in the US Constitution. It is obvious that you really have no use for this document. The last attempt at a secession ended up in a civil war. It certainly was not a peaceful solution then. What exactly is this division anyway and why should anyone really care?
Agree.

A boatload of contradictions, slaves should have stayed slaves, but others (Conservatives) need to be free to choose the life they want.

The only peaceful solution is too allow a secession of some sort so that people can live under the government that they want.

U

UnderGrace

Actually, this member is highly educated with several college degrees and is quite a well-read scholar. Brilliant with mathematics and physics as well. His posts are definitely worth considering and often fascinating. Occasionally amusing too.
posthuman always insightful that is for sure!!:)

But he did quote the wrong professor on fascism.o_O

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
What an ignorant post. See again post (#33). The Democratic party today is not what it was in 1861. Neither is the Republican party.
I have clearly told you that I would vote Republican and that I can see no way a Christian can vote democrat.

If I lived in 1861 I would definitely vote democrat. But not now.

So, buy yourself a 101 history book and learn how these things have come to be. Put the doughnut and coffee down and spend a little time studying.

Your obvious effort at trying to identify me with the liberal democrat party of today, is infantile.

Quantrill
Actually, the Democrat party of today, is the exact same Democrat party of 1861.

You're conflating the notion of right wing vs. left wing with political parties.

In fact, you, like most, don't know what a liberal is, or the meaning of the word.

I'll give you a hint. Liberal couldn't properly describe the Democrat platform, ever.

You kinda come off as a retarded, mountain dew drinking, Confederate flag waving, piece of white trash.

Not saying you are, but using the name Quantrill; is what the FBI would call a clue.

Woohoo. Yeehaw. The south is gonna rise again.

How many negros you lookin to round up there, Quantrill?

Oh yes, the American Civil War, was a war over state rights. The right of certain states to subjugate human beings to a life of bondage. Humans made the personal property of another.

There is a slight difference between the Democrats of 1861 and today.

The Democrats of today have found it more palatable to subjugate humans to the state, rather than another person, by use of social welfare initiatives.

It's a shame, they even get their modern slaves to vote for the travesty.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Well, when he gives something worth considering, I will consider it.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
If you had been paying attention to what I have said you would know that I recognize the last time a 'peaceful' secession was tried it ended up in a War between the States. My point is that we can learn from history and not 'repeat' the same mistake.

Apparently you haven't kept up with what has been said or your would not ask me your question concerning the 'division'. So, go back and reread. Educate yourself.

Quantrill

U

UnderGrace

The Democrats of today have found it more palatable to subjugate humans to the state, rather than another person, by use of social welfare initiatives.

Very powerful truthful words!!!

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Actually, the Democrat party of today, is the exact same Democrat party of 1861.

You're conflating the notion of right wing vs. left wing with political parties.

In fact, you, like most, don't know what a liberal is, or the meaning of the word.

I'll give you a hint. Liberal couldn't properly describe the Democrat platform, ever.

You kinda come off as a retarded, mountain dew drinking, Confederate flag waving, piece of white trash.

Not saying you are, but using the name Quantrill; is what the FBI would call a clue.

Woohoo. Yeehaw. The south is gonna rise again.

How many negros you lookin to round up there, Quantrill?

Oh yes, the American Civil War, was a war over state rights. The right of certain states to subjugate human beings to a life of bondage. Humans made the personal property of another.

No it's not. Just because it carries the name 'democrat' doesn't mean it stands for the same things. How ignorant a statement that is. The South was once solid democrat. Today they are solid Republican. Why? Because the democratic party changed. The liberal left atheists found a home in the democratic party. Something it never did stand for before.

Right wing and left wing does define the different parties. Just as liberal, and conservative defines the parties.

Your 'hint' is wrong. Liberalism does define the democratic party toady. Just like leftist describes it. Just like atheistic describes it. This is why no Christian could or should ever vote democratic. The democratic party stands for everything the Christian is not.

I wave the Confederate flag. I am white. If that makes me white trash, I don't mind. It bothers you, not me.

Why do you blame the South for slavery? The Constitution protected slavery. That Constitution was the product of Northern and Southern States. When did the yankee become the moral voice against slavery and how and why, when they were the ones that perpetuated it? You're as ignorant of that conflict as you are the political parties.

Ponder these things at the next doughnut and coffee shop.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Very powerful truthful words!!!
What's the matter? You can't reply to post #(219) and #(220)? The questions are too difficult? Too truthful? I understand if you can't. But don't play the cheerleader when you can't.

Quantrill

U

UnderGrace

What's the matter? You can't reply to post #(219) and #(220)? The questions are too difficult? Too truthful? I understand if you can't. But don't play the cheerleader when you can't.

Quantrill
Mr Quantrill, thankfully you do not get to tell me what I can and cannot do.

:cool:

I might respond someday.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
slavery was not only 'legal' abut was protected under the Constitution. The Southernors that had slaves were doing no wrong.
'not illegal in this country' = 'not wrong' is a false equivalence.

isn't it a contradiction of your very premise in starting this thread? if no national-law-abiding action is wrong the only problem with the country has a ready solution in the penal system

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Neither did He put any law in place outlawing slavery. What now?

Quantrill
the history of abolition around the world is pretty interesting. its spread is strongly correlated with the growth of Christianity, but not immediately - as the populations of nations and cultures became more influenced by Christian faith and ethos, eventually thinking turned against it, and without forceful revolution but a revolution of common thought, slavery became viewed popularly as evil, with a philosophical basis in the inherent worth of all men and women coming from their creation by God, influenced by the advent of salvation being given to all mankind, not just to certain races or classes.
Christianity changed peoples hearts and minds, and in turn, they changed their views about slavery, having empathetic respect for others rather than egotistic pride over them.