Seek The Kingdom?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Set your heart, mind, thoughts, deeds, actions and desires on those things from above while immersing yourself into the word of God day and night....

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1‭-‬3 NASB

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls,
Matthew 13:45 NASB

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33 NASB

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
Matthew 16:24 NASB

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1‭-‬3 NASB

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls,
Matthew 13:45 NASB

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33 NASB

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
Matthew 16:24 NASB
What are you saying Charliebear? We have to want it really bad? :giggle:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Yes, that is it, very well said, thank you Deade :D.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I sought, and found...

According to Nebuchadnezarr, "How great are His signs, and how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom, and His dominion endures from generation to generation." (Daniel 4:3)

And as per Daniel's vision of the One like the Son of Man and the Ancient of Days...
"And He was given dominion, glory, and kingship, so that every people, nation, and language should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed." (Daniel 7:14)

and the vision interpreted...
"Then the sovereignty, dominion, and greatness of the kingdoms under all the heaven will be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will serve and obey Him." (Daniel 7:27)

So, it seems to me that this is a directive to search for the eternal, enduring, everlasting, indestructible dominion of God, in anything and everything that you might seek (until you see it, because it was is, and will be (t)here, always.

U

UnderGrace

I sought, and found...

According to Nebuchadnezarr, "How great are His signs, and how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom, and His dominion endures from generation to generation." (Daniel 4:3)

And as per Daniel's vision of the One like the Son of Man and the Ancient of Days...
"And He was given dominion, glory, and kingship, so that every people, nation, and language should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed." (Daniel 7:14)

and the vision interpreted...
"Then the sovereignty, dominion, and greatness of the kingdoms under all the heaven will be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will serve and obey Him." (Daniel 7:27)

So, it seems to me that this is a directive to search for the eternal, enduring, everlasting, indestructible dominion of God, in anything and everything that you might seek (until you see it, because it was is, and will be (t)here, always.
Interesting that we seek after His righteousness but the Jews were told to keep the Law

We seek after what does satisfy and away from that which never could.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
What does that mean?
The Kingdom of Christ is the church that he set up when he was on earth with his apostles. He has been reigning as the king sense that time. He also is the bridegroom and the church is his bride. The natural man, according to 1 Cor 2, will never seek spiritual things that he thinks is foolishness. Matt 7:14 says that only a few will find life in the church.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
There are only two scriptures in the KJV that says to seek the kingdom of God. Many say seek but only theses two for seek the kingdom.

Another scripture identifies the kingdom of God as His rule on the inside of us.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Seek:

G2212
ζητέω
zēteō
dzay-teh'-o
Of uncertain affinity; to seek (literally or figuratively); specifically (by Hebraism) to worship (God), or (in a bad sense) to plot (against life): - be (go) about, desire, endeavour, enquire (for), require, (X will) seek (after, for, means). Compare G4441.
Total KJV occurrences: 119

This is a completely different and new thought to me that to seek the Kingdom of God (within) is found in worship.

And His righteousness is His character. That goes with what everyone else has posted.