Separating the Clean from UnClean Food!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Who gave Moses "The Dietary Law"? We will do a strange work which is seldom done today. We will allow the scripture to be our guide to answer that question, along with a few others that need to be addressed. After finding out who gave this law to Moses, we should have no problem following it, if we call ourselves Christians. Remember brothers and sisters Jesus, states in Matthew 5 and verse 18, "For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." We still have the heavens and the earth, correct? Those things indicate that the Lord's law still remains in tact. Those that read the Bible know that all has not been fulfilled, so His laws and statutes must be kept. In addition, we must also look at verses that some individuals think the subject in that particular verse or chapter is dealing with the "Dietary Law" when in fact has nothing to do with it. Those individuals try to uses Paul's writings to come to that conclusion. (As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. II Peter 3:16) The unquestionable fact is that the law of sacrifice was nailed to the cross, which was our schoolmaster to bring us onto Christ. Now, let’s see who gave the "Dietary Law" to Moses and the rest of the Children of Israel.

And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, “Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, these are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.” (Leviticus 11:1-2)

So, who spoke unto Moses and Aaron? The LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying, "These are the beasts which ye shall eat." Was this the Father? Well, let's allow the book show us. Take a Look at this verse in St. John chapter one. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (John 1:18)

Note the verse says, "No man hath seen God at any time." Therefore, that covers all time correct. If no man has seen God at anytime who is this?

And he said unto Moses, “Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.” (Exodus 24:1)

We see in the above verse, Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and seventy of the elders were told to come up unto the Lord and worship. Let's skip to the 9th verse and see what happen when these 74 Israelites arrive on top of the mount.

Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. (Exodus 24:9-11)

Clearly the verse states, "They saw the God of Israel." The verse doesn't say it was a vision. But, St. John chapter one states, "No man has seen God at anytime.” Before we return to the Book of John and find out which God no man has seen at anytime, note what the next verse states.

And the LORD said unto Moses, “Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.” (Exodus 24:12)

So who wrote the Law that Moses was instructed to teach? The LORD! Now, let's find out which God is it that has not been seen. Take note!

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37)

So who wrote the Law that Moses was instructed to teach? The LORD! Now, let us find out which God is it that has not been seen. Take note!

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37)
So, who is the God that hasn't been seen? The Father himself, ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. Now, let's see who this God is that the seventy four elders saw in mount Horeb. Let us go to I Corinthians the tenth chapter and start at verse one.

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (I Corinthians 10:1-4)

So, who was the God in the Mountain that gave Moses the Law? That God was CHRIST! Let's return to the fifth chapter of John and see who's name Christ came in. I am come in my Father's name and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (John 5:43)

So, you see brothers and sister “Jesus” in the Fathers name. I would be real careful when it comes to the name of Jesus. Now we see that Jesus Christ is the God that gave the commandments to Moses. We should have no problem doing what He says if we call ourselves followers of Christ.
We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Who gave Moses "The Dietary Law"? We will do a strange work which is seldom done today. We will allow the scripture to be our guide to answer that question, along with a few others that need to be addressed. After finding out who gave this law to Moses, we should have no problem following it, if we call ourselves Christians. Remember brothers and sisters Jesus, states in Matthew 5 and verse 18, "For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." We still have the heavens and the earth, correct? Those things indicate that the Lord's law still remains in tact. Those that read the Bible know that all has not been fulfilled, so His laws and statutes must be kept. In addition, we must also look at verses that some individuals think the subject in that particular verse or chapter is dealing with the "Dietary Law" when in fact has nothing to do with it. Those individuals try to uses Paul's writings to come to that conclusion. (As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. II Peter 3:16) The unquestionable fact is that the law of sacrifice was nailed to the cross, which was our schoolmaster to bring us onto Christ. Now, let’s see who gave the "Dietary Law" to Moses and the rest of the Children of Israel.

And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, “Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, these are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.” (Leviticus 11:1-2)

So, who spoke unto Moses and Aaron? The LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying, "These are the beasts which ye shall eat." Was this the Father? Well, let's allow the book show us. Take a Look at this verse in St. John chapter one. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (John 1:18)

Note the verse says, "No man hath seen God at any time." Therefore, that covers all time correct. If no man has seen God at anytime who is this?

And he said unto Moses, “Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.” (Exodus 24:1)

We see in the above verse, Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and seventy of the elders were told to come up unto the Lord and worship. Let's skip to the 9th verse and see what happen when these 74 Israelites arrive on top of the mount.

Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. (Exodus 24:9-11)

Clearly the verse states, "They saw the God of Israel." The verse doesn't say it was a vision. But, St. John chapter one states, "No man has seen God at anytime.” Before we return to the Book of John and find out which God no man has seen at anytime, note what the next verse states.

And the LORD said unto Moses, “Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.” (Exodus 24:12)

So who wrote the Law that Moses was instructed to teach? The LORD! Now, let's find out which God is it that has not been seen. Take note!

So who wrote the Law that Moses was instructed to teach? The LORD! Now, let us find out which God is it that has not been seen. Take note!

So, who is the God that hasn't been seen? The Father himself, ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. Now, let's see who this God is that the seventy four elders saw in mount Horeb. Let us go to I Corinthians the tenth chapter and start at verse one.

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (I Corinthians 10:1-4)

So, who was the God in the Mountain that gave Moses the Law? That God was CHRIST! Let's return to the fifth chapter of John and see who's name Christ came in. I am come in my Father's name and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (John 5:43)

So, you see brothers and sister “Jesus” in the Fathers name. I would be real careful when it comes to the name of Jesus. Now we see that Jesus Christ is the God that gave the commandments to Moses. We should have no problem doing what He says if we call ourselves followers of Christ.
We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.
There's one important piece you seem to have overlooked: covenant.

God made His covenant with Israel, not with the Gentiles. The Sinai covenant, with all the stipulations we commonly call the Old Testament Law, was not given to Christians, but to the Hebrews, the descendants of Abraham.

We Christians are not under the Sinai covenant, but the covenant in Christ's blood, of which He is the high priest (see Hebrews 7-8).

If you take your assertion to its logical conclusion, you must require physical circumcision, temple worship, and a host of other actions of which many are actually impossible to fulfill today. Paul and James make clear that if you break one commandment, you have broken the entire Law and have become as though you never kept any of it. See Galatians 2 through 4.

Thanks be to God, He has set us free from the law of sin and death in Christ Jesus. The old covenant has been set aside because it was worthless in bringing about righteousness.

Jan 14, 2021

Please read Romans 14.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
After finding out who gave this law to Moses, we should have no problem following it, if we call ourselves Christians.
But that is where you have gone off the rails. Christians are not Israelites. The dietary laws were for Israel. Now if you wish to follow them no one will stop you. But if you wish to impose them on Christians, you would be making a very serious mistake. See the words of Christ and Paul.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
But that is where you have gone off the rails. Christians are not Israelites. The dietary laws were for Israel. Now if you wish to follow them no one will stop you. But if you wish to impose them on Christians, you would be making a very serious mistake. See the words of Christ and Paul.
Getting people to give up bacon may be more difficult than getting people to give up guns.

Dec 21, 2020

Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

Plus, as mentioned, read Rom 14.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The statures and laws in the old testament are not what makes up the old covenant.

Just because God gave laws to Israel, does not mean it is only for Israel. If God gives light to people He wants us to share it.
The health laws are health principles from God for mankind.
Jews or Gentiles we are made the same and the health principles are proven to improve your health. You can say they don't count or were only for the Jews but thats your loss. The light is there for all to see. Ignore it if you want.

While ever people misunderstand the old covenant they will use it to ignore the old testament truths that are of great value.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
God doesn't want us to define His temple.
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Knowing how bad pork is for my health i don't eat it. I try not to destroy the temple of God. I fail but thank God for the light He has given us.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

Plus, as mentioned, read Rom 14.

Let's take a look at the same passage in Matthew and see if the passage above has anything to do with doing away with dietary law.
And he called the multitude, and said unto them, “Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.”(Matthew 15:10-11)

So what is this that comes out of men's mouths that defiles them? Let's skip to the 15th verse These are verse and see if the Lord is
doing away with His dietary law.

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” (Matthew 15:15-20).

Note what the Lord says, "Those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man." Now we see brother and sisters that, this set of verses has nothing to do with the dietary law being nail to the cross. In fact the Lord tells the apostles what defiles men and that is breaking His commandments, note eating with unwashed hands.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Let's take a look at Romans the 14th chapter. Let's see if this chapter is actually giving us permission to eat anything that moves or is meat and drink used as illustrating tool to make a point. We will begin at verse one. Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. (Romans 14:1) He that is weak in the faith? Hmm? How's an individuals faith increase?

Take note; So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17)

Therefore by hearing the word of God our faith will be established; and if we believe, we will do what the Lord requires us to do. So, the individual in Romans the 14th chapter at the first verse which is weak in the "faith" is a babe in the Doctrine of the Lord. Also in that first verse Paul also states, "receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations."

In other words, accept this brother or sister but, do not agree with their uncertain arguments. Meaning, if this individual, who is weak in the faith hasn't obtained the correct concept of a particular scripture or verse, correct them, do not agree if they are incorrect.

For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. (Romans 14: 2-3)

Is this literal food? Or is the Apostle Paul giving us an example? Let's skip to the 15th verse.

But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. (Romans 14:15)

Sisters and brothers, how can an individual grieve or destroy another with his or her meat? What does Paul mean by, "Now walkest thou not charitably?" What is charity? The love of mankind correct? What is love according to the Word of God? Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:10). Therefore if you walk not in the Law of God, and preach the Law of God, you can destroy and individual with your knowledge of the word. In other words practice what you preach.

Take a look at what Paul says in the 5th chapter of Hebrews. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Hebrews 5:12-14)

In Romans the 14th chapter Paul was not referring to literal food at all. He was simply using food for an example. Now, let's return to Romans the 14th chapter and see that he was in fact talking about the word of righteousness instead of literal food. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Romans 14:17)

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Now, let's take a look at the dietary law. We will begin in Leviticus the 11th chapter and start at the first verse.

And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, “These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth. Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.” (Leviticus 11:1-3) that shall ye eat.” (Leviticus 11:1-3)

Note what the Lord says to Moses, "Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat." Here the Lord gives us a description of the beast that we can eat. We may not know what a particular animal is, but by using this description we know if the beast is clean or unclean. Let's take a look at the beast that we shall not eat.

Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the hare (rabbit), because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the swine (pig, pork), though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you. (Leviticus 11:4-8)

These are the beasts that shall not be eaten. Why? Because the Lord said so! Take a look at this verse in the book of St. John. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you (John 15:14). So, if an individual call themselves a Christian or a friend of Christ, the swine (pig) should never be on your dinner plate or anything else that the Lord deems unclean. Remember that Christ is the ONE that gave the dietary law. Remember Christ was the Rock that followed our fathers in the cloud in the wilderness (1 Corinthians 10:4).

Remember, He is the Lord and He change not. Remember Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever Hebrews 13:8)! It has nothing to do with an animal being a scavenger or anything else.

Jan 14, 2021
In Romans the 14th chapter Paul was not referring to literal food at all. He was simply using food for an example. Now, let's return to Romans the 14th chapter and see that he was in fact talking about the word of righteousness instead of literal food. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Romans 14:17)
Why not a double-entendre?

Even if only spiritual teaching, you would still have the same result of not being obliged to conform to spiritual teachings about food that are offered in the OT.

The ordinances of the law were nailed to the cross. Why would you assume that OT dietary laws would have any authority by themselves? Faith leads to the right answer.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
what do you make of this ?

“Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament;

which vail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Would you say there’s a difference in hearing Moses words d the words of Christ in the gospel ?

and what do you make of this

“Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions,

till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;

and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭

would you say the law was a response to sin ? That it was temporary until Christ came ? D it was ordained of angels and given into Moses the mediators hands ?

as d is that dofferent than the gospel ordained of God the father , mediated by God the son , and fulfilled by the power of his spirit ?

If we read the epistles , it’s the interpretation and explaination of all these issues and we don’t then need to figure anything out but just hear and believe

When it comes to Moses law ? We should let what the apostles are teaching in Tom our understanding things like this

“knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1:9-11‬ ‭KJV‬

thats teaching us something important like this also
Is that fits together with it “ ofnthe le os not for a righteous man but for these terrible sinners and ungodly then this makes perfect sense

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:10-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And this makes perfect sense

“For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:5-6‬ ‭

It comes down to serving God by the Will of the flesh or by his Will and spirit found only in the gospel

At he law is speaking to man’s flesh d our corrupt desires we want to commit fornication that’s precisely the reason e law says “ don’t do that it’s death “

awe want to commit sin the law is saying “ you better not follow your desires thier sinful dont act upon anything you desire that’s sinful “

it isn’t teaching us to overcome sin by Gods spirit but is telling us “ restrain your sinful lusts or die “ and this is without ever helping man ever assisting them to obey no holt spirit given , no blood of Jesus for remission , no word of eternal Life

the two covenant laws can’t be more opposed because one is for the sinful flesh the other to birth new children of God and teach them.

To understand the ot law we have to believe the new we can’t try to ply Moses law over Christian life rather we need to accept Jesus words

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Knowing how bad pork is for my health i don't eat it. I try not to destroy the temple of God. I fail but thank God for the light He has given us.
Give it to me; I know it is not bad for my health. :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Remember, He is the Lord and He change not. Remember Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever Hebrews 13:8)!
If you did actually believe this, you would be the first in stoning your adulterous neighbours. I'm sure you don't do that, which makes you a selective hypocrite.

Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Dec 21, 2020
Let's take a look at the same passage in Matthew and see if the passage above has anything to do with doing away with dietary law.
And he called the multitude, and said unto them, “Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.”(Matthew 15:10-11)

So what is this that comes out of men's mouths that defiles them? Let's skip to the 15th verse These are verse and see if the Lord is
doing away with His dietary law.

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” (Matthew 15:15-20).

Note what the Lord says, "Those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man." Now we see brother and sisters that, this set of verses has nothing to do with the dietary law being nail to the cross. In fact the Lord tells the apostles what defiles men and that is breaking His commandments, note eating with unwashed hands.
You apparently did not read the last part of verse 19.

Dec 21, 2020
In Romans the 14th chapter Paul was not referring to literal food at all. He was simply using food for an example.
Rom 14:
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Looks to me like he's talking about literal food.

Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.