Seventh-day Adventists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2018
1 Timothy 6:3. .....wholesome words and rightly diving the word of truth are 2 different things....if you are going to try and convince me, that I must apply the teachings from the book of Matthew....to myself and my family, you sir can join the Galatians before Paul straightened them out....if you cannot see the difference in Christ’s ministry to the lost sheep of Israel, and Paul revelation of the mystery to the gentiles, simply by reading the night and day difference between the book of Matthew and the book of Romans...you are lost and need to be found
What is this debate about?

E

eternally-gratefull

Well I am not going to answer that question in public for fear of offending some, but if you would like to email me at: [email protected] I would be glad to answer that or any other questions you have about the bible or Adventism or any dialogue you wish to have!

who are you going to offend? You either do or you do not. One of your buddies just posted that you are saved by Grace alone not of works, lest you have something to boast.

If this is true, you can only answer one way.. Any other way woudl contradict your belief system according to him.. Is that why your really afraid to say?

Dec 26, 2018
He either does not understand Seventh-day Adventism or he is just talking about one facet of our denomination

Dec 26, 2018
I would say what I believe but the last time I answered the very question that you are asking I got kicked off for "an extreme adventist agenda." I will not make that same mistake again.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I am a Seventh-day Adventist and I can testify that we uphold the Bible and the Bible only!
If you believe in the Bible only, why you do not believe eternal hell?

Don't you believe this verse?

Matthew 25:46 King James Version (KJV)
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Indeed, the fruits of the Spirit should be evident. Since these are heart based, and God is the judge of our hearts, I would hope that anyone who declares fruit real or counterfeit, would consult with God first. If someone declares themselves a Christian, their words should reflect what God has accomplished in their lives and that in turn alters their actions towards pleasing God, not a religion.

I’ve met people with a sweet personality that have no clue what grace is, or how it’s obtained. Being nice or sincere has replaced orthodox theology these days, even many professing Christians “hope” their good works outweigh their bad.
Some people in my church believe salvation by grace and not by work, mean you can murder, rob the bank or what ever, still go to heaven, you may lost your reward but not salvation.

They believe in heaven there is level.

Higher level for people that believe in Jesus and do a good work, lower level for people that believe in Jesus but not bear good fruit. Not repent from robing the bank, murder or what ever sin.

Basically these people do not believe salvation not make people repent from their sin.

I do believe salvation happen when you invite Jesus in to your heart. And when Jesus in your heart it will change you. Not perfect instantly, depend on how many percent of the room in your heart you give to Jesus
The more room you give to Jesus the more you like Him.

Jesus in our heart make us like Him, in the sense of how we love other, not murder or cheat other.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Not surprisingly, "light"bearer disagrees that SDA isn't a "bible only" sect. It is perfectly clear that the SDA movement is not Sola Scriptura. Anyone disagreeing with this is either hoodwinked, disingenuous, or both.

There is also the possibility that those who disagree accept the writings of E. White as scripture, thus their disagreement and as to why is discovered.
No I disagree with your non-Christian behavior. Constantly making comments about people rather than addressing the post. But you are what you are.
So by all means continue.....

Dec 26, 2018
The Bible also says that Sodom and Gom
If you believe in the Bible only, why you do not believe eternal hell?

Don't you believe this verse?

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
The Bible also says that Sodom and Gomorrah were punished with everlasting fire, are they still burning today?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I would say what I believe but the last time I answered the very question that you are asking I got kicked off for "an extreme adventist agenda." I will not make that same mistake again.
I'll translate.

The answer is YES.

All true SDAs who are consistent and actually care what their group teaches believe that if you dont keep the sabbath, it is EVIDENCE you are not saved, Because you live in habitual sin by not keeping it. They teach in the future sunday worship will be instituted as a mark of the beast. Plenty of SDA websites floating around pushing this agenda.
This would be a good time for me to point out that the early church in the book of Acts broke bread and gathered on the FIRST DAY of the week, a.k.a the Lord's day when Jesus resurrected, so were they too in danger of receiving the mark of the beast?
RIDICILOUS

There is a reason they arent considered part of "orthodoxy" and under the Christian banner often times. Much like the JWs and mormons.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Can you quote the verse?
He means this verse.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Dec 26, 2018
I'll translate.

The answer is YES.

All true SDAs who are consistent and actually care what their group teaches believe that if you dont keep the sabbath, it is EVIDENCE you are not saved, Because you live in habitual sin by not keeping it. They teach in the future sunday worship will be instituted as a mark of the beast. Plenty of SDA websites floating around pushing this agenda.
This would be a good time for me to point out that the early church in the book of Acts broke bread and gathered on the FIRST DAY of the week, a.k.a the Lord's day when Jesus resurrected, so were they too in danger of receiving the mark of the beast?
RIDICILOUS

There is a reason they arent considered part of "orthodoxy" and under the Christian banner often times. Much like the JWs and mormons.
Just because the disciples at a meal together on Sunday doesn't mean that that's the day we should keep holy.
The disciples and Jesus broke bread in the upper room on Thursday. Does that mean we should keep Thursday holy?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Just because the disciples at a meal together on Sunday doesn't mean that that's the day we should keep holy.
The disciples and Jesus broke bread in the upper room on Thursday. Does that mean we should keep Thursday holy?
Yes.

We should keep every day holy.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
He means this verse.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Thank brother.

When the Bible say that god punish the city of sodom, it mean god punish the people not the city in the sense of a place, building the street etc. street can not commit fornication.

Yes the fire is not in that city anymore, but the people in that city will go to hell forever.

E

eternally-gratefull

Its. Ok, I know your answer. (I knew it then and I know it every time anyone asks it of new people who come in saying they are SDA and asking us to ask them anything)

And it proves you are depending on your works to save you.

Dec 26, 2018
The fourth commandment says that we should remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy Six days thou shalt labor and do all your work but the seventh-day is the sabbath of the lord you God. I would agree that we should keep every day holy but there are two kinds of holy.

E

eternally-gratefull

Just because one does not go to church on saterday does not man they do not keep that day holy. Just because they go to church on sunday does not mean they do not honor the sabbath.

Dec 26, 2018
Thank brother.

When the Bible say that god punish the city of sodom, it mean god punish the people not the city in the sense of a place, building the street etc. street can not commit fornication.

Yes the fire is not in that city anymore, but the people in that city will go to hell forever.

Why does GOd say that the wicked shall be ashes under the souls of our feet?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The fourth commandment says that we should remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy Six days thou shalt labor and do all your work but the seventh-day is the sabbath of the lord you God. I would agree that we should keep every day holy but there are two kinds of holy.
Take a look at mailmandan's post here, refuting SDA theology: Please do so sir:

https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/seventh-day-adventists.181765/page-11#post-3807893

I will post it here, I hope brother Dan does not mind. THIS IS NOT MY WRITING, he wrote this:

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on Christians in the New Testament.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Even when SDA's set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant would involve compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If Sabbath day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath(Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).

These were commanded by God to Israel (Exodus 35:1).

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why do not the Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it?

If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations.

Since the old covenant has been made obsolete, does this leave us with no moral direction? Absolutely not. God made obsolete the old covenant to "put legally into place" the new covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-9; Hebrews 8:6-13). The old covenant was a conditional agreement that God made with the Israelites. The old covenant was in effect during the dispensation of law. We are not under the law, but under grace.

The life of discipleship flows out of the new command, to love one another as He loved us (John 13:34), which Paul refers to as the "law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). Love fulfills the law (Romans 13:8-10). Out of this single command comes other commands, including references for the moral aspect of 9 of the 10 commandments which are reiterated in the New Testament, yet the command to keep the Sabbath day is not binding on Christians in the New Testament.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. - Acts 14:15
2. You shall make no idols. - 1 John 5:21
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. - as Matthew 5:33,34; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. - Not binding on the Church - Colossians 2:16-17
5. Honor your father and your mother. - Ephesians 6:1-2
6. You shall not murder. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 John 3:15
7. You shall not commit adultery. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
8. You shall not steal. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 4:28
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Romans 13:9-10; Colossians 3:9-10
10. You shall not covet. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 5:3

"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenantnot of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills...the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone...the ministry that condemns." But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. (2 Corinthians 3:6-9).

The law on our heart and mind is the love of the Spirit, not the law of the letter. This is why Paul tells us that the new covenant is a covenant of the Spirit, and not of the letter.