Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oh me oh my, having a moment of joy, thinking about some things.

Faith, trusting and believing there is a heavenly source to lean on, to help us in all seasons of lfe brings so much peace..so grateful!!!

My familial loves, offline and online, they just bring so MUCH to the table!!! There is always someone to love and who loves in return, always!!!

Loving and appreciating my jobs, not all the time, no way, but aspects are so rewarding.

Choices to make our lives fuller or less so, and healthier too, just depends how willing one is to put in the effort to show up. I have a tendency to cacoon and isolate. However, I can be intentional and find balance in this area too. I'm not too old...it is not too late.

Natures rich abundance, providing sanctuary in its beauty and mere amazingness. With all of God's creation, there is always plenty to find to focus on that which is praise worthy.

Laughter and rest, both healing and grounding tools to help not take life or ourselves.

How about these..

Heroes amongst us, everywhere you look
Water to refresh
Food to nourish
Communication and senses to connect
Quiet to restore
Mind to stimulate
Acceptance and Grace to heal to let go
Colors, creativity, and music to add sparkle and dance
Getting things done, and not doing anything at all, and somewhere in between. Yes Yes Yes!!!!

Oh my goodness, the list goes on and on...so while there is a big list of things not so wonderful, things that require us to be aware of, to work on, there is so much goodness to help empower us to continue to tend to what needs tending without going under.

May we all spend sometime today, honing in on that which is lovely. Love you all!!!
"Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay,
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day.
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way,
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!"

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I didn't realize I posted it here, lolol. Zippidy do dah indeed. Good to see you tourist. Ty..:)
Actually, you didn't post it here, I just took the liberty of moving it. Since a song was involved, I thought that this was a good venue. :)

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Well, I had to post this somewhere, and this seemed like the best possible fit.

Speaking of "lonely", I must admit that I think a lot more about finding a possible love interest as the Fall and Winter begin to approach, and I just did something totally out of the box for me.

I had randomly requested a vacation day from my job for tomorrow three weeks ago even though I didn't actually have anything planned for that day.

Well, I just stumbled across a website about a "hop on hop off trolley" very close to my home which basically transports whoever has signed up for that 6 hour tour to four different wineries/distilleries in the area. There's a one hour stop at each winery/distillery, and the other two hours is basically commuting time.

I signed up for the tour that begins at 12:30 pm tomorrow and which ends at 6:30 pm.

I mean, I obviously haven't met a potential love interest through my normal daily routines, so I decided to shake things up a bit.

A trolley/busload of people, slightly inebriated, with me and my idiotic sense of humor on board?

Yeah, it could work.

I just hope that the other passengers aren't all men.

Wish me well...

P.S.

My ex is actually cooking me dinner tonight. We're definitely not reconciling. In fact, she's trying to fix me up with some different Columbian women that she knows. Anyhow, I'm just mentioning this to show that she and I truly are amicable despite our horrific past together.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013

Speaking of "lonely", I must admit that I think a lot more about finding a possible love interest as the Fall and Winter begin to approach, and I just did something totally out of the box for me.

I had randomly requested a vacation day from my job for tomorrow three weeks ago even though I didn't actually have anything planned for that day.

Well, I just stumbled across a website about a "hop on hop off trolley" very close to my home which basically transports whoever has signed up for that 6 hour tour to four different wineries/distilleries in the area. There's a one hour stop at each winery/distillery, and the other two hours is basically commuting time.

I signed up for the tour that begins at 12:30 pm tomorrow and which ends at 6:30 pm.

I mean, I obviously haven't met a potential love interest through my normal daily routines, so I decided to shake things up a bit.

A trolley/busload of people, slightly inebriated, with me and my idiotic sense of humor on board?

Yeah, it could work.

Wish me well...

P.S.

My ex is actually cooking me dinner tonight. We're definitely not reconciling. In fact, she's trying to fix me up with some different Columbian women that she knows. Anyhow, I'm just mentioning this to show that she and I truly are amicable despite our horrific past together.
Sounds like it will be fun and a little wine tasting is nice once in a while. I like fruity wines not a dry wine fan at all which I notice lots of guys prefer.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I'm a Cabernet Sauvignon kind of guy...
I'd have to taste it then I'd be able to say pour a glass please or no thanks. I may have but I don't remember it as I don't drink that much but I do like to stop at a winery and do the tastings that doesn't happen often but it is fun.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
I'd have to taste it then I'd be able to say pour a glass please or no thanks. I may have but I don't remember it as I don't drink that much but I do like to stop at a winery and do the tastings that doesn't happen often but it is fun.
I have no idea who will be on the tour with me tomorrow, but it's normally between 20 and 25 people.

Hopefully, some of them will be single women.

If not, then it's still worth a try.

I'm certainly not going to meet someone sitting at home, and even if tomorrow doesn't turn out well, then the whole winery thing would still be a good date idea should I meet someone somewhere else.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Yeah, it could work.

Wish me well...

P.S.

Yeah, the trolly wine tour could very well work out. It is good that you and X are at least amicable.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Yeah, the trolly wine tour could very well work out. It is good that you and X are at least amicable.
I think that my ex might be the best cook ever. I almost wept after eating the dinner that she cooked.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think that my ex might be the best cook ever. I almost wept after eating the dinner that she cooked.
My first wife never cooked for me, before or after the divorce. Never did any housework either. Lazy, obnoxious slob. Haven't spoke to her since 2002.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
My first wife never cooked for me, before or after the divorce. Never did any housework either. Lazy, obnoxious slob. Haven't spoke to her since 2002.
Yeah, but what do you really think of her...?

lol.

My ex was/is a great cook.

That said, when things went south in our marriage, she deliberately wouldn't cook for me on the days when I was out working all day long (I helped with the cooking or cooked for everyone myself on my days off), or if she did, then she deliberately wouldn't even give me a fork to eat with. I once asked her, politely, and after about a 20 hour day of work including my commute, if she could please hand me a fork, and she told me that she wasn't my waitress, and if I wanted a fork, then I could give her $20 to get one for me. To her credit, she did later apologize for saying that to me in an email (I still have it somewhere).

Anyhow, dinner last night was scrumptious, to say the least. I literally felt like dancing on the dinner table after eating it.

Rice and beans in coconut milk, with perfectly spiced, breaded chicken, and some sort of miniature potatoes which were nicely salted.

Let me just put it this way:

There were no leftovers, and I practically licked my plate.

Well, I've got to start thinking about my upcoming wineries tour today.

It would be nice if there were some nice and available women in my group, but, then again, I'm not exactly everyone's "cup of tea" (or bottle of wine) myself, so it might not matter either way.

I'm kind of dreading my decision to sign up, but, at the same time, I've got to start putting myself out there more.

Lord, have mercy on me...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Tourist have you seen. that movie called Yesterday

About a guy who sings all the Beatles songs and makes it big because in the overloaded lightning struck space time continuum nobody in the present day had ever heard of the Beatles.

I think in the end he gets the girl.

How are your singing and songwriting capabilities?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In that movie, I think they just get takeaways or his mum to cook for them...I dont recall much cooking going on. They were too busy singing. Oh and they went to pubs a lot, where there is pub grub.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Tourist have you seen. that movie called Yesterday

About a guy who sings all the Beatles songs and makes it big because in the overloaded lightning struck space time continuum nobody in the present day had ever heard of the Beatles.

I think in the end he gets the girl.

How are your singing and songwriting capabilities?
I haven't seen the movie but I like the song. I can relate to the opening:
"Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me..."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
personally, am not into wine, so I wouldnt be going on a wine tour. Even though I grew up in wine country.
I think a certain type of woman goes on wine tours.

Rich and hippie.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I haven't seen the movie but I like the song. I can relate to the opening:
"Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me..."
if you can sing it with feeling then you've got talent. Or heartbreak or both

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
And if your gal says wow I have never heard that song before you can either pass it off as your own or say what planet have you been living on?!