Share 5 Things About Yourself

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
The singles forum is getting awfully personal lately. lol

5 things huh?!?!

I like iphones, the smart GPS is amazing.
I'm currently working on a 10 song demo.
In the past, I was a avid surfer and tennis player, now I'm mostly doing snowboarding and mountain biking.
ISTJ - Introvert/Sensing/Thinking/Judgment.
I'm mildly dyslexic, so if you see bad grammar, and confusing sentences.....

1643413004701.jpeg Welcome to my world. lol

I just discovered that following text, while listening to an audio book, helps so much for my comprehension. I remember way back in grade school I was in the slower reading class, and when I transferred schools when my parents moved, had to take a reading and comprehension test. My teacher told me to read a paragraph and I did good, but than she asked, what did you just read about, and I was like, I don't know. lol

My reading disability hasn't stopped me from finishing school and college, but it has definitely had it challenges in the working world. I had to work much harder to keep up with my co-workers, but still achieved really high progress reports many times, although sometimes have failed miserably. Thank you Jesus for making me different!

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
-I ran for Congress
-I sued my alma mater in federal court, which made national and international news
-I’ve appeared on Hannity and Colmes and other such shows
-I’m writing a novel
-I am, by choice, a virgin until marriage

Maybe that last one is TMI but whatever. I’m not ashamed.
Yeah my parents and grandparents are to blame. To many stories of them walking to school uphill both ways. Kinda condemned me to getting my point across in the same manner......LOL
I love it!
My Grandma used to do the same and wore out her shoes. I miss her telling me those stories. 🙂

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
I love it!
My Grandma used to do the same and wore out her shoes. I miss her telling me those stories. 🙂
LOL...............So agree.........LOL Yeah as ya can see some traditions I try and keep alive and my sons sure remind now that they are grown all of them I have said......LOL

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
LOL...............So agree.........LOL Yeah as ya can see some traditions I try and keep alive and my sons sure remind now that they are grown all of them I have said......LOL
My oldest does too...but that's when I realized she was actually absorbing stuff and not everything got lost in translation.😁 Only some of it.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Thanks bro appreciate ya sharing my friend. You are alright bro, good personality, so sure ya picked wise for a wife. So hope our Lord just blesses the both of ya and pours out who he is, so that you and your significant other can just bask in him and his glory and grace.
Thank you for the encouragement :). I found a good one and keeps me on my toes lol. She is a ENFJ and a RN. Loves Jesus and a caring heart. I’m a blessed man.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
My oldest does too...but that's when I realized she was actually absorbing stuff and not everything got lost in translation.😁 Only some of it.
Yeah when they come to pick me up and one of them is standing there in what used to be a white t-shirt but now all kinda pink. I just have to say can't recall I said separate your whites and darks, so ya washed your red t-shirts with your white ones in hot water huh? Can't recall that, but sure can repeat word for word every hyperbolic rant I have ever had..........LOL

The one that really makes me laugh is my middle son he has on his facebook page for favorite quotes. He has one of mine up on his page. When their ma had left us all I had called them into together and what I said to them next is what he has put up for his favorite quote and attributed to me.

So I called them all in and said "Well boys your ma has left, so that means no more adult supervision".....LOL

K

KrisWampler

Why did you sue your alma mater? Also was it a high school or college?
College. They tried to force us to read a biased and dishonest pro-Islamic book and listen to Muslim chants. Yeah, no.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
-I ran for Congress
-I sued my alma mater in federal court, which made national and international news
-I’ve appeared on Hannity and Colmes and other such shows
-I’m writing a novel
-I am, by choice, a virgin until marriage

Maybe that last one is TMI but whatever. I’m not ashamed.

So, what is the novel about? Just curious.

I started writing a book, but it's on the back burner now.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
1) I love to sing.
2) I play the violin.
3) I enjoy brush lettering.
4) My husband and I are members of the music team at our local assembly.
5) I’m an introvert.

K

KrisWampler

It’s in stage two edits right now, mainly copy editing stuff. And the cover design is almost done. I hope to self publish it this spring. It’s a clean romance (if you can call it that; guy doesn’t get the girl until the end, and it’s really more about the journey to her).

K

KrisWampler

Tell me about your book :)

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Tell me about your book :)
lol My book? I don't remember really. It was more of life lessons, so like self help. It might need some more years for planning, because the Concave Hollow Earth Thesis idea seems way more fun. People generally already know how they want to live, so if the book is ever written, maybe less than 1% of the population would be interested. Concave Hollow Earth Thesis will probably have about the same 1% of the population interested. lol Being a famous author is very unlikely. lol

I always look at it, if it helps just 1 person, than that is perfect.

G

Godsgirl83

I just discovered that following text, while listening to an audio book, helps so much for my comprehension.
My kids are struggling readers.
We have a rule when checking things out at the library they can only get so many items.
Somehow that number has doubled as they convinced me that the audio and written book (2 separate items) should count as one since they need the book to read along as they listen to the audio.
Reluctantly, I gave in.......
their reading skills since doing so have improved.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
My kids are struggling readers.
We have a rule when checking things out at the library they can only get so many items.
Somehow that number has doubled as they convinced me that the audio and written book (2 separate items) should count as one since they need the book to read along as they listen to the audio.
Reluctantly, I gave in.......
their reading skills since doing so have improved.
Have ever thought of your kids being dyslexic? Actually was just reading that dyslexia and genius are sometimes related. Also heard that bilateral exercises are suppose to help with brain activity for learning.

Many very successful people are dyslexic and some studies say, that 10% of the population is dyslexic. The problem with dyslexia is that most times it isn't bad enough to cause bad grades, but since people learn differently, people can get really frustrated being in school.

https://www.dyslexia.com/about-dyslexia/signs-of-dyslexia/test-for-dyslexia-37-signs/

https://www.dyslexia.com/question/high-iq-and-dyslexia/

https://www.dyslexia.com/about-dyslexia/signs-of-dyslexia/common-characteristics-of-adult-dyslexia/

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/23151385560837088/

K

KrisWampler

lol My book? I don't remember really. It was more of life lessons, so like self help. It might need some more years for planning, because the Concave Hollow Earth Thesis idea seems way more fun. People generally already know how they want to live, so if the book is ever written, maybe less than 1% of the population would be interested. Concave Hollow Earth Thesis will probably have about the same 1% of the population interested. lol Being a famous author is very unlikely. lol

I always look at it, if it helps just 1 person, than that is perfect.
What is the concave hollow earth thesis? Not familiar with that one.