Share a healthy habit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Like the title says, what do you consistently do, or at least try to, or want to do that contributes to living a healthy life? Exercise is an example, drinking more than 2 litres of water a day, is another example. I'll start.

---

I mix a tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a 1.7l bottle of water and I drink that like 4-5 times a week. It used to be gross, but now I don't think I can live without it. Lol.

What's yours?

W

wwjd_kilden

The drinking two liters of water a day includes what's in food :) Doesn't hurt to replace soda with water though :)

I like to mix juice with carbonated mineral water
I try to go for a walk every day, more because I get restless than to be healthy though :p

C

coby

I bike 5 days a week because I have no driver's license. Cheap, handy and healthy, with 60 or 80 kilo's of kids in it lol.

M

missy2014

I used to drink coke like water I drank kit so much but made the switch to mostly water and headaches due to the coke dissapeared and better digestion in the end healthy habits really benefit

M

missy2014

its more wise piece of advice but hey healthy habit aswell : Try not make major or important decisions especially ones that will have repecussions for the rest of your life at early hours of the morning or late at night if you can. I've found ive made decisions when I was up late and my senses weren't as alert, my sense of judgement I guess and in the morning woke up and thought to myself no thats not what I wanted to do or that was wrong. I could give in or doubt something im strongly against simply because I was tired and up real late . And this is to a degree .

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I mix up a lot of healthy smoothies in my Nutri Ninja.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I bike 5 days a week because I have no driver's license. Cheap, handy and healthy, with 60 or 80 kilo's of kids in it lol.
That sounds cool! I see people biking to work almost every day with their kids, dropping them to school. I've always thought it looked dangerous, but I guess people can get so good at it.

I used to drink coke like water I drank kit so much but made the switch to mostly water and headaches due to the coke dissapeared and better digestion in the end healthy habits really benefit
Haha, I used to drink coke a lot too, though never like water haha. But for a year and a half, I worked night shifts and I had no self control whatsoever, I was too lazy to get clean drinking water, and coke (coke light and coke zero) were always the easier to get. And I'd reason with my self that I need sugar rush and caffeine, plus chocolate bars. That time of my life, I spent 4-5 times in the hospital for sore throat. Lol.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Coke is nah hah sty.. 'nuff said..

Feb 28, 2016
we appreciate this thread,

there are so many adjustments that we can learn to make as we get older and hopefully wiser,
especially when we are seeing what the things we shouldn't be eating or drinking are doing to us,
and our families and friends..even causing terrible illness and even death....
yet, 'they' our world-money-grubbing-systems, still will go to any length to trick-spell-deceive, etc.
to get us to spend and in-jest the very things that cause our bodies to become sick or diseased....

may God have mercy upon us.....

it truly is a viscous circle, and my husband and I have found out that only by honoring God and honoring
our temple that He has so graciously blessed us with, were we able to start on our new journey
of over-coming the very things that were making us sick and compromising our immune-systems....

we now do all that we are able to to stay as healthy as we can - and one of the big-pluses is growing a lot of
what we eat and making the effort it takes to stay away from what will harm us...
we mostly garden in any kind of container we can, it's a small area, but you just wouldn't believe
how much you can be produced in this way....

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Yes, OTN, you hit it on the head; it is a vicious cycle.
The highly processed inorganic GMO laden foods ingested over decades lead to illness, which often prompts dependence of prescription drugs, which eventually ushers the way to extended hospital care, which can often morphs into surgical procedures, then usually a lower quality of life, and then finally, death.
If this isn't proof Satan is having his way in with this world system...
The prescription drug companies, the doctors, the hospitals, hospice care are all making a bundle on our lack of knowledge, and discipline.
The bible says my people perish because of lack of knowledge.
As far as lack of discipline, the bible says "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Feb 28, 2016
JD,

thank you so much for sharing such important knowledge for all of us to read....what saddens
my husband and myself is that it will mostly go un-heeded, and even thought of as fanaticism..
as the dark-one desires....

well, we both are living proof of what can happen when we change our old-worldly-habits
to obeying God and the principles of God's laws...has it been easy? oh no! was it worth it? OH YES!!!
for we would both be dead or be alive, but walking in worldly-deadness and put away somewhere
where no one ever wants to be.....

A

AuntieAnt

Put your fork or spoon down after you take a bite, as opposed to shoveling one bite after another into your mouth.

If it's a sandwich, take a bite and put it back down on your plate.

It's a good habit to chew each bite well for better digestion.

Also, don't wash your food down with a beverage! Drinking fluids while eating will flush the food out of your stomach before you get the sensation of being full. Wait at least 30 minutes after eating to drink a beverage.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
My father used to recite, Early to bed, early to rise, grow healthy, wealthy and wise.. Somewhere i havent followed maybe and am not much of all three..!

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Good one AA. I have to do that myself. I chew to fast. Digestion starts in the mouth. By masticating your food, one can save up to something like 30% of the bodies energy breaking it down. That is a stressful process for the body. I don't recall the exact figure, but I think the average American uses something like 705 of available energy digesting food.
As opposed to people who chew well, eat more readily digestible foods, and combine better, I think the number was that you can get it down to around 20% use of available energy.
That's a big savings. The body has a finite amount of energy. That energy savings can be used for biological healing and repair.

Oct 11, 2014
Every morning I try to drink a glass of water with a lemon slice in it. There are a ton of benefits from doing this simple thing. 1. Gives your immune system a boost. 2. Excellent source of potassium. 3. Aids in digestion. 4. Cleanses your system. 5. Helps to decrease blemishes and wrinkles. 6. Helps you lose weight. 7. Reduces inflammation. 8. Gives you an energy boost. 9. Helps to cut out caffeine. 10. Helps fight viral infections. 11. Helps to relive toothaches and gingivitis. This is definitely enough benefits to keep me doing this every morning!!! :) enjoy!!!

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
Every morning I try to drink a glass of water with a lemon slice in it. There are a ton of benefits from doing this simple thing. 1. Gives your immune system a boost. 2. Excellent source of potassium. 3. Aids in digestion. 4. Cleanses your system. 5. Helps to decrease blemishes and wrinkles. 6. Helps you lose weight. 7. Reduces inflammation. 8. Gives you an energy boost. 9. Helps to cut out caffeine. 10. Helps fight viral infections. 11. Helps to relive toothaches and gingivitis. This is definitely enough benefits to keep me doing this every morning!!! :) enjoy!!!
My roomies do this! I've always thought of trying it but I'd have to let go of my morning coffee time (replace it with mornig lemon time, sounds sour). Caffeine has been great for my digestion. I tried to replace it with tea but it resulted to constipation xD I might try this just to see the difference.

S

Shpadoinkle

I take my prescribed medications as directed and I attend my counseling and PT sessions when I am supposed to. I also try to eat right, but I don't do as well with that as I could sometimes.

U

Ultimatum77

Drink a ton of water throughout the day and keep the kidneys nice and hydrated....

Oct 11, 2014
Abigail I'm glad you are thinking of trying this. I know the sour can be off putting but honestly it's real delicious and gives the water such a fresh taste. There are many healthy substitutes, like detox waters. They provide some of the same benefits. You can use strawberries, mint leaves, cucumber, orange slices, whatever you desire. Look it up on YouTube many delicious recipes!!!