SHOPPING SPREE!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Yeah it bugs me that if I get a hole in a... um... strategically disadvantageous location... white is a TERRIBLE color. It stands out like a spotlight.

I also threw out all my socks that I might or might not find a match for and bought 24 pairs of black crew socks. They go with anything and I can grab any two random socks and go.
Almost all I wear sock-wise (except to church) is heavy duty black Dickies work socks.

White clothing was a big thing back in the day when dyes and stuff were hard to come by and expensive for peasants. I don't even want to think about all the sweat stains and track marks that the ancients were wearing around... o_O

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Tax refund or any lump sum of money that at once comes into my possession always ends up in the same place. In the market, be it I drop into my trading account and trade it or I place it in one of my self directed retirement accounts and invest it.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Before I had health benefits through work I'd use my tax return to go to the dentist.
Now some goes into my kiddos saving account and some goes into mine.
I do typically set some aside for a special buy and nice dinner out with my daughter and Mom.
Last year I bought an airfryer. (LOVE IT)
I'm not sure if I'll be using it to buy anything special this year.
Dinner will be happening though. 🙌🏼

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Tax refund or any lump sum of money that at once comes into my possession always ends up in the same place. In the market, be it I drop into my trading account and trade it or I place it in one of my self directed retirement accounts and invest it.
Before I had health benefits through work I'd use my tax return to go to the dentist.
I do typically set some aside for a special buy and nice dinner out with my daughter and Mom.
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Both great things to do with that dough. :)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
As I am joining the workforce...I need clothes and shoes.
I also have to pay for yet another colonoscopy. First one was expensive and the second likely will be just as much.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I just spent 520 loons (407 dollars) on car repairs. Just don't understand how a check engine light would cost so much. Maybe it would of been cheaper to put some electrical tape over the light?!?! lol :)

So, tax return whenever it comes will fill the void.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I just spent 520 loons (407 dollars) on car repairs. Just don't understand how a check engine light would cost so much. Maybe it would of been cheaper to put some electrical tape over the light?!?! lol :)

So, tax return whenever it comes will fill the void.

There is definitely money to be saved with engine lights some of the time...OBDII code readers are like 15 here. I have encountered mechanics who will do things to jack up the bill

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i'm willing to accept donations for anyone who is in a giving mood. LOL!

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Just got my final tax form in the mail today, so wish me luck on my tax return.

1646335796594.jpeg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Getting money back, but just got back from Costco, so new tires pretty much ate the return, plus the car repairs from last week.

God provides!
Yeah, pretty much the same.

Well... I didn't really NEED the brownies. All the other stuff, yeah, I needed that.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife loves her air fryer too and uses it all of the time.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Historically my tax refund has gone directly into savings. For the last few years, I have been self-employed thus I pay my income taxes quarterly in which case my refund from last year will more than likely nicely cover my quarterly taxes that will be due April 15th.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I’d love to take my refund and fly to a random destination, stay near the water and buy some new books and snacks.
📚 📖 🥨 🧀 🍇 🌊 ☀️ 🏔

In reality, I’ll just save it this time around.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Well...
I'm paying off the car. (Wasn't much left to pay) and buying some clothes...and I'm not sure what else.

Several thousand to deal with and not much to buy.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well...
I'm paying off the car. (Wasn't much left to pay) and buying some clothes...and I'm not sure what else.

Well if you have leftover money that you don't want, I'd be happy to take it off your hands (so would most anyone else around here I imagine).

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Well if you have leftover money that you don't want, I'd be happy to take it off your hands (so would most anyone else around here I imagine).
That's something that my wife and I talk about a lot.
Money, or the desire for it, really does a number on a lot of people. We see what it does to people. We want nothing to do with adding to their attitudes around money. We aren't money hungry. We like the things it buys...but meh.

I haven't worked in two years. I am in the process of making a bakery and coffee shop chain. It's been a real struggle and blast. And definitely a struggle against the "big boys" who control the land and industry. Everyone is out for taking our profits in some way.
From greedy landlords to not being able to rent a space by sneering property management.
But because of dedication I think that we are going to be able to make this happen.
And at the end I will have a job.
Then comes the difficult decision for what to do with my wages. Probably set it all aside for a house... maybe tuition for a child we haven't had yet (or know if we will for sure) or a house in the country. We have no plans for any of it. One thing we know is that everyone wants that money. Do anything or say anything to get it too.

Kinda silly stuff in our opinion. But my business partner is somewhat fascinated by my lack of money hunger...I'm only motivated by success of the business. And that's going to be a struggle too. (Which actually makes me more money...ugghhhh)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well...

This looks like a job for a Roth IRA! :cool:

Although... SEVERAL thousand? You know that's just an interest-free loan to the government, right? Is there any way you could reduce how much you pay in over the year?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well...

Except... for my love :love: