Should I resent God that I was born in the Philippines?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
it's more than multitudes of Blessings beyond our comprehensiveness where God has placed us to be the shining light for the lost, God does things for His plessure even when we will nor understand, gave faith and Love Jesus no matter what this crazy world tries to decive with... All glory to God, forever and ever !

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Agree! because your PM is tactless and hypocrite because he dares to question the casualties of the drug wars of my country but turning his blind eye on some American drone attacks' casualties of civilians.

He even questioned our purchase of helicopters and have guts to deny giving it to us if it will be used against our local insurgents but never questioned the Americans giving military weapons to the Saudi Arabs against Yemenis and arming Ukraine against Russian backed rebels.

I know iniquities always exist in either progressive or poor nation but I prefer to live in a sinful and progressive nation than of mine today.

poor, underdeveloped, divided and sinful nation.

No wonder why you Canadians showed your discriminatory attitude against us by sending some containers of trashes into our ports.

Now will you blame me if I resent being a Filipino because of what your country did to my country?

You Canadians see us Filipinos as filth and I don't also blame you for it because you Canadians are progressive and educated people unlike the majority of my compatriots. you wonder most if not some of you became high minded because of your present superior status.

But mind you, your discrimination against us will not be forever. there will be a time that our country will become progressive too and will never be dependent on the West.

The West once humiliated China but today it is set to surpass the US as the largest economy on earth.

The same will happen to my country someday. it will become progressive and the start of this renaissance I believe is from our present administration.
Not so. I am Canadian by birth and married a Filipino lady without that question even entering the equation.

K

Kim82

I don't remember if I had posted in this thread before. But no you should not resent God.

In John 1:46 someone asked if anything good can come from Nazareth. But guess what, Jesus was from Nazareth :LOL:

It doesn't matter where you are from, give your life to God, and He will sort things out.

God can make a way for you, but you have to trust Him, not resent Him.

Thanks for being honest about how you feel. You are not the first or the last person to not be pleased about their country. But you are Filipino by birth and nothing can change that.

So find something good about Philippines to talk about and cheer up about it.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Filipino people are so beautiful. And here I am, having wished a zillion times I was born Filipino or Asian, because there is no such thing as an ugly Filipino or Asian girl, they all look good (even when they think they are ugly) :cry::cry::cry:
But you know what, our individual situations and even physical bodies are only a garment that's going to be dismantled. It's a bit hard to see through everything that seems so tangible to us right now. Wealth is nothing, and beauty is nothing, even happiness is nothing. Only righteousness which is of love remains and translates into eternal life.
Btw, I live in the US now but am not from the US and have seen some war and sanctions and economic collapse where I'm from.

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

Filipino people are so beautiful. And here I am, having wished a zillion times I was born Filipino or Asian, because there is no such thing as an ugly Filipino or Asian girl, they all look good (even when they think they are ugly) :cry::cry::cry:
But you know what, our individual situations and even physical bodies are only a garment that's going to be dismantled. It's a bit hard to see through everything that seems so tangible to us right now. Wealth is nothing, and beauty is nothing, even happiness is nothing. Only righteousness which is of love remains and translates into eternal life.
Btw, I live in the US now but am not from the US and have seen some war and sanctions and economic collapse where I'm from.
Amen!

Thank you sister 😊 God is so wonderful 😇 We are God's workmanship and Creation HIS creations are more than good awesome fantastic wonderful that include me and you 😇 God bless you ❤

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Should you resent God for any reason? I would say no. Experience has taught me that resenting God doesn't help. :cool:

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Not at all my friend. I don’t know what it’s like being raised in a similar situation so I understand if you don’t take what I say seriously - but God has a reason. He puts us where we are for His purpose, and you never know sometimes unless He shows you or you ask Him in Heaven. Maybe there is someone who is Phillipino who would be reached by you, maybe you met someone there years ago that will be part of His plan for your life, maybe people need to be reached and they’d only really listen to someone who had been raised in that same type of situation.

You never know, but there is always a reason.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Because the Philippines is a poor nation because it is rife with crimes, illegal drugs, political divisions, colonial mentality, crab mentality and political corruption.

I wish that I was born in a progressive countries such as Japan, France or the US.

It is misfortune to me that I was not born in a progressive country.
Do not say that, everything happens for a reason, i myself wish i was american, but i am British. I pride myself in the works i do. It doesnt matter where you are you can make a difference.

M

MoonCresta

I am here to collect the views of my compatriots and contemplate them. that's all :)

if you're not an American, will your resent God if ever you were born in a poor and corrupted nation that will really make you feel ashamed?

I saw how some nationalities discriminated my compatriots because of the decadent condition of my country.

for them we are branded as one of the inferior race in the world.

Jameen - you are not of an inferior race or nationality. My wife is a Filipino and I wouldn't trade her for anyone - Filipinos are More than welcome in the US because they are Extremely hard working, and very smart and very decent people. I thank God for her and for your entire nation! I would be so proud if I were you!

May 8, 2021
Because the Philippines is a poor nation because it is rife with crimes, illegal drugs, political divisions, colonial mentality, crab mentality and political corruption.

I wish that I was born in a progressive countries such as Japan, France or the US.

May 8, 2021
Jesus said, Blessed are the poor because they can be rich in faith. The rich countries have less faith as they trust in money and power over the poor countries.

Riches can be a great hurdle to overcome, especially when one trusts in them and thinks godliness is gain, when the reverse can be true. I lived as a missionary in the Philippines and the people are corrupt just like HERE, no difference the heart of man is the same. Blessed are the poor and the merciful and the sharing and loving. You can talk about the Lord there, unlike other countries like the West and East.

May 8, 2021
Jameen - you are not of an inferior race or nationality. My wife is a Filipino and I wouldn't trade her for anyone - Filipinos are More than welcome in the US because they are Extremely hard working, and very smart and very decent people. I thank God for her and for your entire nation! I would be so proud if I were you!
Yes my parents when visiting wanted to leave instantly because they hated to see poverty, and it convicyed them to share. They died of starvation for love, how sad. Poverty with morals is better than riches with no morals and no conscience. Blessed was the Phillippines

Mar 26, 2022
I don't know. There must a reason why we were born in one country instead of another country. I too wondered. A mission to carry? God knew you before HE placed you in your mother's womb. HE knows what you can handle what you can't. Some country are wealthy but rotten inside. Some are poor but rich inside. Some looks wealthy when in fact majority living in debt...don't even have place for them to subsistence farming in their country still in poverty the disparity is too great... in your country...though corrupt..trafficking...the government...I find your people very hard working...loveable...intelligent...cheerful...kind....despite the harsh condition they lived in... I always see hope and faith...from you Filipinos...days by days every weekend gathering ppl singing praising God daily on street....though I didn't say it....you guys are truly role model...for me....

Do not envy progressive country. Progressive country came many complicated problem than you thought. Satan's plan was so great in US using "freedom of choice" as the best agent to carry out his agenda to deceive people caused division, hatred...etc...Japan was due to worship of false idol and bow down to science but not true creator. France...dictators..

Some were born with silver spoon but was dumb and lame...".truly I tell you ..it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven." For there's too many temptation...

See what's good in your nation. God's not an author of fear. Pray to God what you want but beware...of satan....The thieves have came to steal, kill and destroy...every blessing......J

Below are the prophecy for Philippine 9:16 (turn on caption prepare for what coming!!!)
God bless you and all people of Philippine.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022

The grass is not always greener....
Ive met many Filipino and while I met them out of the Philippines, I found them to be so gracious and hard working. Most of them wanted to return to their homeland and be the good influence. So I see that as progression.
What you described, all the negative aspects is present in many countries.