Should we oppose what Constantine did for the church?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My opinion is fairly simple, Constantine is the father of guided apostasy and antisemitism.

The man is not one of the prophets, and he certainly was not very frank when he declared the world at his time Christian.

No man can declare people into faith in Jesus-Yeshua; he may merely fantasize.

I also believe any who take him even somewhat seriously is caught up in that fantasy.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
My opinion is fairly simple, Constantine is the father of guided apostasy and antisemitism.

The man is not one of the prophets, and he certainly was not very frank when he declared the world at his time Christian.

I also believe any who take him even somewhat seriously is caught up in that fantasy.
The Greeks were way ahead, I do believe. Even the letter to the Romans was in Greek.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The Greeks were way ahead, I do believe. Even the letter to the Romans was in Greek.
Much of scripture was first written in Greek, but there were no men who wrote down what God told them who thought in Greek. They all had a root language of Hebrew, and all their school work in learning scripture was in Hebrew.

The Greek language express a different culture and way of thinking than the Hebrew language. Because of this some scholars have translated the Greek language into Hebrew, even though it was first written in Greek, in order to check carefully how the writers were thinking.

The word Passover is transcribed as Easter. Logos is translated as word in John, Torah is translated as law. One language does not readily translate into another.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

Do you think there is antisemitism that today's church inherited?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Much of scripture was first written in Greek, but there were no men who wrote down what God told them who thought in Greek. They all had a root language of Hebrew, and all their school work in learning scripture was in Hebrew.

The Greek language express a different culture and way of thinking than the Hebrew language. Because of this some scholars have translated the Greek language into Hebrew, even though it was first written in Greek, in order to check carefully how the writers were thinking.

The word Passover is transcribed as Easter. Logos is translated as word in John, Torah is translated as law. One language does not readily translate into another.
Yup, my children are bi lingual and even most sentence structures are difficult to get right. When I try to speak Spanish, at first people look puzzled. Then they grin after they figured out what I was trying to say.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
So you aren't going to thank me for the corrections? :cry:

I don't have a new version. I have an old KJV, an RSV, an NASB and the Geneva.
I never heard of Kurt. shame on him.
Eusebius's bibles are called VATICANUS (B) and SINAITICUS (Aleph). Both of these versions abound in error and are considered corrupted versions. No bible scholar would use him.

I have faith that God is able to preserve His word to His people.
Your RSV & NASB are founded upon the very Alexandrian Text, you mention

Yes Westcott & Hort, And Kurt Aland in the Nestle Aland used the Vaticanus & Sinaiticus as their foundation

The KJV is based upon the Textus Receptus

Almost all new versions, NIV, NASB,RSV, ESV, etc look to the Alexandrian Text Type

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
When I was in ministry full time I did not always have my bible per-say sometimes I woud have to use what was there. With a enough time I was always able to use any bible. Truth was always there just not always the same verse ;)
Go to the NIV and Try finding truth in Matthew 17:21, 18:11, Acts 8:37, Romans 16:24? :eek:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Do you think there is antisemitism that today's church inherited?
Look at the early church and look what occurred after about 300 years.

The early church was quite well informed utilizing the Old Testament scriptures. The New Testament Scriptures are even more helpful but people have used Greek as the panacea for ommitting the entire history of fiath before it came along with its writings.

Most believe that much of the OT was first in Hebrew and translated for the Greek speacking people.

The Greek word, synagogue has come to be an assembly only for Jews when all synagogue means is assembly in Greek. It may be used in place of church also.

Easter in place of Passover.

Ignoring the Hebrew writings as passé.

Not teaching the full translations of hundreds of Hebrew words.

Teaching Judaism did not exist at the time of Jesus-Yeshua.

Not knowing the difference between a true Jew and a person practicing Judaism which came into being after Jesus.

And much more.

I do not recall any prophecy of the sons of Abraham made by the Holy Spirit are not true believers, for all true Jews are only those who b3elieve the Prophets, the writings of the OT in general, and first of all Jesus-Yeshua to whom all the aforementioned refer.

Deaf, dumb and blind are all who ignore our forefathers in the faith.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
Go to the NIV and Try finding truth in Matthew 17:21, 18:11, Acts 8:37, Romans 16:24? :eek:
for Mat 17:21 in the NIV I would use Mark 9:29 and so with the others I would just find it somewhere else a lot of the times you can use the OT instead

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
check your foot notes
I dont have footnotes in my KJV Holy Bible, Just All of Gods Words (y)

Matthew 17:29KJV
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Matthew 18:11KJV
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Acts 8:37KJV
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Roman's 16:24KJV
24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Deaf, dumb and blind are all who ignore our forefathers in the faith.
Deaf, Dumb, And Blind, is Judaism that rejects Jesus Christ as Messiah in the vast majority.

Is that Antisemitic, No it's a fact

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
I dont have footnotes in my KJV Holy Bible, Just All of Gods Words (y)

Matthew 17:29KJV
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Matthew 18:11KJV
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Acts 8:37KJV
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Roman's 16:24KJV
24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
If your saying you cant teach Prayer and fasting with a NIV your wrong

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Deaf, Dumb, And Blind, is Judaism that rejects Jesus Christ as Messiah in the vast majority.

Romans 3:1-2 “Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the value of circumcision? Much in every way. To begin with, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God.”

John 4:22 .....salvation is of the Jews.

Romans 11:1 Has God rejected His people, absolutely not!!

Genesis 12:3, ESV: "I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
If your saying you cant teach Prayer and fasting with a NIV your wrong
Any one who reads scripture only as translated, and never giving a thought to the original language it was translated from, ANY translation, is wrong.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

I

It is always a good practice to read the content of a post before replying to it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Just a post script. Please, in reading the content of my post understand I am saying there was no such denomination as Judaism until the schism with Messianic believers.

Please demonstrate the existence of Judaism at the time of our Savior. I am interested.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
i KNEW A CATHOLIC LADY WHO SAID THAT IT'S A SIN TO BE JEWISH AND A SIN TO SPIT. BECAUSE THE DIRTY JEWS SPAT ON JESUS SO THEY'RE ALL GOING TO HELL. Was that anti-Semitic enough?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Romans 11:1 Has God rejected His people, absolutely not!!
(The Truth)

You quote your interpretation of (One Verse) and disregard the (True Story) why?

You failed to reveal the context, as if your one liner was speaking of all Jews?

The scripture is (Very Clear) that it's speaking about the Remnant Elect Jew, those who were chosen in foreknowledge

Only the Remnant Elect will obtain salvation, the rest are blinded, as seen in red highlight

(The Truth)

Roman's 11:1-7KJV
1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,
3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.