Should women pursue men?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I,m new here, i,m shocked at some of the argueing in a Christian Site, It,s not 24 hrs i,ve been here, I really hope this is not the norme. Come on guys. LOVE.
You'll get the hang of it. Some people are normal people. Some are here to make themselves feel good by complaining about others. Some are just VERY didactic. And some are here to talk, but not to listen to other people talk.

Stick around long enough and you'll figure out which is which. Then the forum gets more fun, as you know which ones to read and which posts to just skim past. ;)

Nov 22, 2022
You'll get the hang of it. Some people are normal people. Some are here to make themselves feel good by complaining about others. Some are just VERY didactic. And some are here to talk, but not to listen to other people talk.

Stick around long enough and you'll figure out which is which. Then the forum gets more fun, as you know which ones to read and which posts to just skim past. ;)
Thank You. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If you think Melita is overstating it, just be glad you weren't here when tourist and JesusSaves were... Ahem... "Courting." You ain't seen nothin yet. You would have hit the ceiling! There wasn't a square meter of the forum that was not dripping with their schmaltz. :p
Yeah, those were the days. :)

F

Forever_Saved

I,m new here, i,m shocked at some of the argueing in a Christian Site, It,s not 24 hrs i,ve been here, I really hope this is not the norme. Come on guys. LOVE.
Right? I agree with you, I’ve been so surprised at so many answers around different threads...

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
So maybe that's the problem, Christian's trying to get non Christians dating advice and following the world, that we have lost our standards.

So tell me this, Jesus gives us room to repent when we are in Sin correct? Why can't we go back to the old ways?? Other than the fact we don't want too?

Shouldn't our walk with God inspire us to develop higher standards?
What "old ways" are you talking about?

I assume you're talking about courtship and marriage, right? Can you give me one or more examples?

I don't know if there are any "christian old ways" regarding courtship, besides no fornication/adultery and don't marry non-christians. There are definitely "old ways"... but I don't know if they're "christian old ways".

F

Forever_Saved

By The way if you want a guy, go for it, the world has changed, not all men are afraid of strong women.
Thanks! But I made it clear in another comment that I’m not in this situation now.
I was just asking to know the opinions of people on CC.

Nov 22, 2022
Thanks! But I made it clear in another comment that I’m not in this situation now.
I know it was just my opinion. i,m not here to date, if people think that. or if i give that vibe.

Nov 22, 2022
May as a newbe here i should not comment. till i figure this place out.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
May as a newbe here i should not comment. till i figure this place out.
Not at all.

The only way to get the hang of it is to jump right in... And if you hit a speed bump, just keep trying!

Welcome to CC. 🙂

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
My freshman year of college, I pursued my crush. He was not interested. So, I never pursued a guy again lol.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
What "old ways" are you talking about?

I assume you're talking about courtship and marriage, right? Can you give me one or more examples?

I don't know if there are any "christian old ways" regarding courtship, besides no fornication/adultery and don't marry non-christians. There are definitely "old ways"... but I don't know if they're "christian old ways".
Modest apparel where men and women went out in public fully covered, suits and dresses,

Essentially most of societies problems are from its low or non existant standards. The farther people get from God, the worse the problems get.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
By The way if you want a guy, go for it, the world has changed, not all men are afraid of strong women.
Boy don't I wish! If a girl wanted me and went for it, I'd be overjoyed. Finally a girl who says what she means and doesn't play games!

Why, I might just marry her on the spot!

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Boy don't I wish! If a girl wanted me and went for it, I'd be overjoyed. Finally a girl who says what she means and doesn't play games!

Why, I might just marry her on the spot!
Amazing isn't it, if only everyone adopted an honesty policy right??

Dec 30, 2020
My freshman year of college, I pursued my crush. He was not interested. So, I never pursued a guy again lol.
Wow! One failure and you're giving up? Maybe you've given up on the pursuing, but there are subtle gestures to let the other person know that you might be interested and see how he responds. There are many fish in the sea and many that are just right for you. Prayer will help. I wish you the best.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Wow! One failure and you're giving up? Maybe you've given up on the pursuing, but there are subtle gestures to let the other person know that you might be interested and see how he responds. There are many fish in the sea and many that are just right for you. Prayer will help. I wish you the best.
She didn't give up; she relied on God and He took care of her and her situation.

In her other posts, she mentions her husband and after several years of marriage, God blessed them with a new baby as well.