I am posting this as something for others to study and to consider. The reason is, that as I have read throughout the forums, it has come to my attention that many people are defining words differently. Most of the time, the result is a form of debate that arises as if the people are speaking different languages; not able to understand one another.
I understand that there will be many people convinced that they already know what works are and will want to argue their opinion on it. I truly mean no offence, but I am not interested in opinions. What I am interested in is searching the deep things of God and studying the scriptures that we may be like-minded in Christ. I am interested in doing this in the fullness of the love of God which means humbling ourselves first to God but ALSO humbling ourselves to one another.
There are so many interpretations available on things when it comes to our own understanding, the understanding of men as shown in dictionaries and encyclopedias, and many teachings that it is as if most people are looking at the same word but seeing something different. This could be the topic of an entire other thread though so I am not going to say anything more about that except it reminds me of the languages of the people being changed in Babylon.
Jesus used 'plain to see' examples in creation to help to understand the mysteries of Heaven. The scriptures show evidence of this and also give definitions of words as they were meant to be understood. Like the word "faith" which was first used and defined in the scriptures. It was later taken by men and redefined to mean something that was not dependent on the existence of God.
Not many people will say to me, "Show me THAT in the scriptures." The reason is that it is easy enough to see the results. Yet many will say, "Show me that in the scriptures" when they are faced with something that might oppose what they thought they knew or something they do not understand. Yet they make them self a hypocrite by not doing as the scriptures say. "Show me that in scriptures" is NOT an acceptable use of scripture to bring correction in love.
P.S. So that you know that I am not speaking out of offense towards another, I would like to state that no one has done this to me. This message is a result of seeing this done to my brothers and sisters in Christ as a result of lack of a humility and love towards others.
I understand that there will be many people convinced that they already know what works are and will want to argue their opinion on it. I truly mean no offence, but I am not interested in opinions. What I am interested in is searching the deep things of God and studying the scriptures that we may be like-minded in Christ. I am interested in doing this in the fullness of the love of God which means humbling ourselves first to God but ALSO humbling ourselves to one another.
There are so many interpretations available on things when it comes to our own understanding, the understanding of men as shown in dictionaries and encyclopedias, and many teachings that it is as if most people are looking at the same word but seeing something different. This could be the topic of an entire other thread though so I am not going to say anything more about that except it reminds me of the languages of the people being changed in Babylon.
Jesus used 'plain to see' examples in creation to help to understand the mysteries of Heaven. The scriptures show evidence of this and also give definitions of words as they were meant to be understood. Like the word "faith" which was first used and defined in the scriptures. It was later taken by men and redefined to mean something that was not dependent on the existence of God.
Not many people will say to me, "Show me THAT in the scriptures." The reason is that it is easy enough to see the results. Yet many will say, "Show me that in the scriptures" when they are faced with something that might oppose what they thought they knew or something they do not understand. Yet they make them self a hypocrite by not doing as the scriptures say. "Show me that in scriptures" is NOT an acceptable use of scripture to bring correction in love.
P.S. So that you know that I am not speaking out of offense towards another, I would like to state that no one has done this to me. This message is a result of seeing this done to my brothers and sisters in Christ as a result of lack of a humility and love towards others.