Single and Saved!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Confirmed Christians will only marry other legitimate Christians and avoid any others. Paul says the preferred state is singleness.
Agreed. I am asking about Christian men.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Agreed. I am asking about Christian men.
Just be careful not to put Christian men too high on a pedestal.

Awesome that you want a Godly man, but we stumble, so we need each other when, not if, that happens.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Welcome to cc. There a lot of nice Christian fellows here that are great friends. I hope you find the answers you seek. God bless.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This is gonna be a weird question...
To the guys out there; When you like a girl, do you fall in love with her personality or is it sex based?
There is far more to a woman than her personality and her body.

She has financial statements as well. :sneaky:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Confirmed Christians will only marry other legitimate Christians and avoid any others. Paul says the preferred state is singleness.
What if the legitimate Christian will only marry another legitimate Christian and would avoid a confirmed Christian? Shouldn't a confirmed Christian only seek another confirmed Christian? One wouldn't want to be unequally yoked.

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
What if the legitimate Christian will only marry another legitimate Christian and would avoid a confirmed Christian? Shouldn't a confirmed Christian only seek another confirmed Christian? One wouldn't want to be unequally yoked.
Yes, I think a Christian should marry another Christian. I would imagine a marriage to an unbeliever would be missing that connection of Christ. I want to study my bible with my husband, not annoy him with it :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This is gonna be a weird question...
To the guys out there; When you like a girl, do you fall in love with her personality or is it sex based? Do you think about the girl you like during the day? Do you want to know her thoughts? Do you like her as a person or is it just a physical thing? (Not sure if men have these soft feelings as well.)
I fall in love with the woman's heart first. Yeah, think about her all during the day and into the wee hours of the night. Of course, there is sexual desire too but that is not to be confused with lust but rather a personal, intimate experience that can only be found in an exclusive, loving and enduring relationship. There is the physical and also the spiritual aspects and both are very interesting and attractive.

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
Yes, I think a Christian should marry another Christian. I would imagine a marriage to an unbeliever would be missing that connection of Christ. I want to study my bible with my husband, not annoy him with it :)
Also, I don't know the difference between a legitimate Christian and a confirmed one...

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
I fall in love with the woman's heart first. Yeah, think about her all during the day and into the wee hours of the night. Of course, there is sexual desire too but that is not to be confused with lust but rather a personal, intimate experience that can only be found in an exclusive, loving and enduring relationship. There is the physical and also the spiritual aspects and both are very interesting and attractive.
Beautiful reply. Thank you. Very encouraging.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Of course this is what I meant.....
Legitimate = confirmed

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The tricky part is whether you will be granted the discernment to recognize one. Take your time. Put this relationship business on the back burner. Im glad I did. I found a wonderful faithful wife. Full of peace grace kindness and a quiet spirit. Seek this first. Never seek excitement or flash or material posessions.

cwizzle07

Jan 18, 2019
The tricky part is whether you will be granted the discernment to recognize one. Take your time. Put this relationship business on the back burner. Im glad I did. I found a wonderful faithful wife. Full of peace grace kindness and a quiet spirit. Seek this first. Never seek excitement or flash or material posessions.
Thank you. Great advice. I'm famous for rushing and wanting to get the show on the road. I know if I do, I will probably do irreparable damage. I need God to sustain me through this and keep me patient as His plan unfolds. Right now, I am just getting to know the personalities of Godly men. The male gender is kinda new to me :)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
F : forsaking
A : all
I : I
T : trust
H : him

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
How do I confirm the lady as a real Christian? Is it enough to pray about it or do I need my pastor's approval that she is a real Christian? What if the lady's pastor says she IS a Christian but my pastor says she is NOT a real Christian? Do we get a prophet to arbitrate? What if it's a false prophet and he gives us the wrong answer? :unsure::eek:

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Welcome to CC, we are glad to have you here :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
How do I confirm the lady as a real Christian? Is it enough to pray about it or do I need my pastor's approval that she is a real Christian? What if the lady's pastor says she IS a Christian but my pastor says she is NOT a real Christian? Do we get a prophet to arbitrate? What if it's a false prophet and he gives us the wrong answer? :unsure::eek:
'zackly. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
On reflection I have realized this is more of a conundrum and quagmire than I originally assumed. What if I do confirm the lady is a real Christian, but later she backslides? Does that mean my prayer (or the pastor or the prophet or however i confirmed she was a real Christian) is wrong? If it was a pastor or prophet, does her backsliding mean I should stop following that pastor or prophet?

Paul was right. It IS best just to stay single. Even confirming that a lady is a real Christian is a matter fraught with mental and spiritual confusion.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
On reflection I have realized this is more of a conundrum and quagmire than I originally assumed. What if I do confirm the lady is a real Christian, but later she backslides? Does that mean my prayer (or the pastor or the prophet or however i confirmed she was a real Christian) is wrong? If it was a pastor or prophet, does her backsliding mean I should stop following that pastor or prophet?

Paul was right. It IS best just to stay single. Even confirming that a lady is a real Christian is a matter fraught with mental and spiritual confusion.
Hahaha... No risk--No gain! Big-laughing-sm.gif