Single women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
What's with some Christian women not wearing makeup? Makeup helps a woman look better, so please do. Makeup also is feminine, and I want a feminine woman, not a woman who looks like a boy.

I know some women are frugal with money, but not the ones I meet. Even women living on their own and financially struggling still love to wildly spend money, and want me to do the same. Don't ask me or your dad to help with your electric bill when you keep the oven running and your home chilly in the summer.

While this isn't nearly as much of a problem with Christian woman as with secular woman, feminists attitudes make everyone miserable. I dated a girl who claimed to be a Christian feminist. She was generally conservative and wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. What kind of feminist wants a man to support her? (And, what kind of man wants a woman who claims to be a feminist?)

Most modern Christians, male and female, are pathetic when it comes to sound doctrine, including the refusal of Christian submission. I think I have the soundest doctrine of all :giggle:. If you're a Christian woman who can't name five books of the Bible, in order, don't you think you should be a little less militant in objecting to my doctrines and causing needless conflict? It's not just doctrine, so many people seem to insist on believing nonsense things, even when it hurts their quality of life.

Men might be worse on this point than women, but men aren't my concern right now. So many women seem to have little interest in dressing nicely, controlling weight, or cultivating sophistication. Twenty years from now, I want a woman who is a woman, not a middle-aged girl.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I just dropped IQ points.

Or maybe I didn’t have any to begin with.

Sincerely,
Woman who doesn’t wear make up.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Well, to each his own.

Some men like women with no make up.

Some men like women who wear some make up.

Other men like women who wear all the make up.

Me thinks women wear make up cuz they want to.

Me thinks women don’t wear make up because they don’t want to.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
What's with some Christian women not wearing makeup? Makeup helps a woman look better, so please do. Makeup also is feminine, and I want a feminine woman, not a woman who looks like a boy.

I know some women are frugal with money, but not the ones I meet. Even women living on their own and financially struggling still love to wildly spend money, and want me to do the same. Don't ask me or your dad to help with your electric bill when you keep the oven running and your home chilly in the summer.
So I shouldn't waste my money cooking food and keeping my home comfortable, instead I should spend it all in impressing guys who won't give me the time of day if I'm not wearing full makeup? Yeah that just doesn't sound like sound financial advice.

If you're a Christian woman who can't name five books of the Bible, in order, don't you think you should be a little less militant in objecting to my doctrines and causing needless conflict? It's not just doctrine, so many people seem to insist on believing nonsense things, even when it hurts their quality of life.
Thanks for being such a good example of this.

Men might be worse on this point than women, but men aren't my concern right now. So many women seem to have little interest in dressing nicely, controlling weight, or cultivating sophistication. Twenty years from now, I want a woman who is a woman, not a middle-aged girl.
Twenty years from now, if guys with your attitude are all I have to choose from, I will be very contentedly single. Thanks for reminding me that there are worse fates out there than single for life.

On the other hand, if you'd care to start over and try to be civil instead of just broadly bashing any woman who is currently single; I might be Christian enough to give you a chance to prove that you're something more than a self-righteous pharisee.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
L

LittleMermaid

We women could say the same things...
What's with Christian men not knowing how to fix the sink, mow the grass, change the oil on the car?
If you want a very "feminine woman" you need to be very masculine yourself.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Yeah, and I'm mad at single women too!

I really can't think of any particular reason...
but I did make this new plan that whenever I join a thread I'll try really really hard not to argue with the OP.

Not sure how this is going to work out.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
So I shouldn't waste my money cooking food and keeping my home comfortable, instead I should spend it all in impressing guys who won't give me the time of day if I'm not wearing full makeup? Yeah that just doesn't sound like sound financial advice.
I specifically referred to women who are "financially struggling". And, thank you for illustrating my concern. Yes, you shouldn't waste money cooking food and keeping your home comfortable if you don't have the money to do so, if you insist on treating this as an all-or-nothing proposition. Try to imagine how people survived summers before air conditioning came about in the 20th century.

On the other hand, if you'd care to start over and try to be civil instead of just broadly bashing any woman who is currently single; I might be Christian enough to give you a chance to prove that you're something more than a self-righteous pharisee.
Don't be hysterical.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
So many women seem to have little interest in dressing nicely, controlling weight, or cultivating sophistication. Twenty years from now, I want a woman who is a woman, not a middle-aged girl.
i just had 4 pieces of chocolate.

but then i had a peach, so it balances out.

:cool:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife looks beautiful without makeup. Not sure what you mean by women refusing to be Christian submissive, perhaps you mean that they should remain silent in church, wear hair covering and if married, obey their husband's every whim and desire. I believe that most women on this site will take exception to the perceptions outlined in your OP. I am assuming that you are not married and have never been married. If true, probably a good thing for women in general. Don't get the controlling of weight and cultivating sophistication either. I find your OP to be offensive and condescending to women. I don't believe it will be well received on this site either.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I've heard things in my life that I feel dumber for having heard. But, maybe you could muster a reply to my post, rather than out-of-hand rejecting it?
This member did reply to your post and it was not favorable.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I specifically referred to women who are "financially struggling". And, thank you for illustrating my concern. Yes, you shouldn't waste money cooking food and keeping your home comfortable if you don't have the money to do so, if you insist on treating this as an all-or-nothing proposition. Try to imagine how people survived summers before air conditioning came about in the 20th century.

Don't be hysterical.
Who gives a crap about how people survived before air conditioning? What does this have to do with your stance on women?

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
While I understand that everyone has their own opinion, I had to chuckle at this thread because we've also had two long-running threads in this forum in which the gentlemen who wrote them said the exact opposite--at least, about makeup.
Too much makeup can also be a bad thing, but I haven't dated any women who wear too much. And, I'm not defending the amount of makeup worn in those photos in another thread, which excessive except in special occasions. In some Christian groups, women are taught not to wear any makeup. But, I'm a loan voice, heh, in encouraging some makeup.

Did you find fault with my reasoning why women should wear makeup? You didn't respond to the two reasons I gave.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

While this isn't nearly as much of a problem with Christian woman as with secular woman, feminists attitudes make everyone miserable. I dated a girl who claimed to be a Christian feminist. She was generally conservative and wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. What kind of feminist wants a man to support her? (And, what kind of man wants a woman who claims to be a feminist?)

Most modern Christians, male and female, are pathetic when it comes to sound doctrine, including the refusal of Christian submission. I think I have the soundest doctrine of all :giggle:. If you're a Christian woman who can't name five books of the Bible, in order, don't you think you should be a little less militant in objecting to my doctrines and causing needless conflict? It's not just doctrine, so many people seem to insist on believing nonsense things, even when it hurts their quality of life.

I was just curious, what kinds of women are you around that have caused you to make so many generalizations?

There are always exceptions. When I was a kid, my parents had 2 rules about any money we earned: 1. 10% went to church. 2. 50% went to our savings account. If I was given $10 for my birthday, when all was said and done, I would get $4 to spend.

I still stand by the 10% to church, and while most adults can't save 50% of their income, I still follow those principles and set aside an amount for savings. And, I can pay my electric bill just fine on my own.

This last quote reminds me of a dating profile I came across a long time ago. It was of a young man in his 30's who said in that he would only talk to women who had been (or currently were) dancers, cheerleaders, gymnasts, etc., who had thin, shapely bodies, because "God made men to be visual" and he needed an attractive woman in order for him to stay interested.

I always say that I wanted to write him back and ask, "If God made men visual, does it mean that He made women blind?" In his picture, this guy clearly had a double chin and looked like he was pregnant. I'll give him kudos for posting a supposedly honest picture, but I always get a kick out of people who want things in others that they don't bother meeting themselves. I'm guessing you must be fit and trim, and plan on staying the exact same way that you are for at least the next 20 years.

I have a medical condition for which obesity is one of the most common symptoms, so I work very hard to stay healthy, and I bypass about 90% of the things I really wish I could eat for things like eggs and spinach.

Sometimes I wear makeup, and sometimes I don't--it's a personal preference that I choose. I have especially sensitive skin and a lot of things make me break out, so even when I do wear makeup, it's pretty minimal.

I am going to turn 45 this coming year, and my avatar picture was taken last year.

Welcome to the era of the middle-aged girl.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
This member did reply to your post and it was not favorable.
You don't understanding what replying to a post means. It doesn't mean just saying you don't like it. That's not a reply. That's an empty judgement.