Single women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
I think you missed your own point. Your point in the OP seemed to be that women should spend money on makeup as some sort of priority; my response is that it makes far more sense to spend money on good food and comfortable shelter than to sacrifice those things for makeup.
My original post specifically referred to, in the context of dating, women "not wearing makeup" (I didn't address cost or quantity beyond zero makeup). The mindless hysteria that has followed my post shows a purely emotion reaction. Obviously, it can't be because what I say isn't surprising or false, as established by the fact that most women do wear makeup, and most guys date women who wear makeup, showing they see value in it, value I'm pointing out. So, why the mindless hysteria?

I didn't say anything about makeup being a priority, especially at the expense of food. Are you really trying to set up a false dichotomy of lipstick vs. bread? If you're truly hungry, buy bread over lipstick.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Obviously, it can't be because what I say isn't surprising or false, as established by the fact that most women do wear makeup, and most guys date women who wear makeup, showing they see value in it, value I'm pointing out.
If most women wear makeup it naturally follows that most guys date women who wear makeup, as that is what is available to date. To argue that this means most men prefer women with makeup is like accusing a business of racism in hiring very few black people, in a town where there are very few black people to hire.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Biblical submission DOES NOT equal obedience.

The only place (that I know of) in the Bible where one family member is supposed to "obey" another is children to parents.

So let's break it down:

All believers are to honor and obey God
Children honor and obey their parents
Wives submit to husbands (not women to men in general)
Husbands love wives as Christ loved the Church
Believers love God
Believers love one another

$0.02

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
What's with some Christian women not wearing makeup? Makeup helps a woman look better, so please do. Makeup also is feminine, and I want a feminine woman, not a woman who looks like a boy.

I know some women are frugal with money, but not the ones I meet. Even women living on their own and financially struggling still love to wildly spend money, and want me to do the same. Don't ask me or your dad to help with your electric bill when you keep the oven running and your home chilly in the summer.

While this isn't nearly as much of a problem with Christian woman as with secular woman, feminists attitudes make everyone miserable. I dated a girl who claimed to be a Christian feminist. She was generally conservative and wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. What kind of feminist wants a man to support her? (And, what kind of man wants a woman who claims to be a feminist?)

Most modern Christians, male and female, are pathetic when it comes to sound doctrine, including the refusal of Christian submission. I think I have the soundest doctrine of all :giggle:. If you're a Christian woman who can't name five books of the Bible, in order, don't you think you should be a little less militant in objecting to my doctrines and causing needless conflict? It's not just doctrine, so many people seem to insist on believing nonsense things, even when it hurts their quality of life.

Men might be worse on this point than women, but men aren't my concern right now. So many women seem to have little interest in dressing nicely, controlling weight, or cultivating sophistication. Twenty years from now, I want a woman who is a woman, not a middle-aged girl.
Gee. Tell us how you really feel.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I say it's ok to have preferences.

I say it's NOT ok to make those preferences requirements for errbody.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Let me say that I do not support feminism and the rebellion that is part and parcel of it, but the OP goes way beyond that, IMO.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
If most women wear makeup it naturally follows that most guys date women who wear makeup, as that is what is available to date. To argue that this means most men prefer women with makeup is like accusing a business of racism in hiring very few black people, in a town where there are very few black people to hire.
If people could get jobs by putting on black face, they would.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Don't just sit there; make popcorn! :)
Uh... yeah, about the popcorn... I ate it all.

Have some cashews? Grab a handful while they're here, I'm working on them already. I have two half-gallon jars though, so it should last a bit.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If people could get jobs by putting on black face, they would.
If people could entertain themselves by stirring up junk, they would.

Oh wait... they already do.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hopefully the OP will reflect on the comments he is receiving and take note that the amount of negative feedback indicates that maybe, just maybe, he needs to rethink some things.

Or he'll act like a martyr. In that case, a certain nameless character in Proverbs comes to mind.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As if! This kind of reaction is exactly what a troll wants.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
Hopefully the OP will reflect on the comments he is receiving and take note that the amount of negative feedback indicates that maybe, just maybe, he needs to rethink some things.

Or he'll act like a martyr. In that case, a certain nameless character in Proverbs comes to mind.
I did leave off of my list the penchant of some women to careen into hysterics as something I don't want in a date. The negative feedback, that is, the snowflake impressions, aren't compelling. It's their loss that they don't want people being honest with them.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
My original post specifically referred to, in the context of dating, women "not wearing makeup" (I didn't address cost or quantity beyond zero makeup). The mindless hysteria that has followed my post shows a purely emotion reaction. Obviously, it can't be because what I say isn't surprising or false, as established by the fact that most women do wear makeup, and most guys date women who wear makeup, showing they see value in it, value I'm pointing out. So, why the mindless hysteria?

I didn't say anything about makeup being a priority, especially at the expense of food. Are you really trying to set up a false dichotomy of lipstick vs. bread? If you're truly hungry, buy bread over lipstick.
How false of a dichotomy is it really? Yes most people can probably afford food and utlities and makeup if they so choose, but ultimately the choice to spend your money on one thing is the choice to not spend that money on everything else.

Sure some women see value in makeup. I know of at least one who doesn't have the money to spend on makeup, but won't believe her boyfriend when he tells her that he doesn't care if she wears makeup. Some women probably wear makeup because they want to while others probably wear it because they're afraid not to. So "What's with some Christian women not wearing makeup?"
Despite the way you rattle on about wasting money and feminism and poor doctrine and a whole lot of other things that are only connected to that question in ways only comprehensible by your strange mind. The answer is that some Christian women just don't value makeup. And there's nothing wrong or unbiblical about that.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
As if! This kind of reaction is exactly what a troll wants.
That's at least the fourth post of yours in this thread which is nothing, not even pretense, of being anything other than a self-righteous whiner. The other posts I did ignore because I not so quick to sink to your level.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
That's at least the fourth post of yours in this thread which is nothing, not even pretense, of being anything other than a self-righteous whiner. The other posts I did ignore because I not so quick to sink to your level.
Is that why you started off sounding like a self righteous whiner?

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017

I not so quick?.........Don't you mean...I'M not so quick to sink to your level?....And no....you've sunken lower than the Titanic with some of the remarks you've made in here.

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
How false of a dichotomy is it really? Yes most people can probably afford food and utlities and makeup if they so choose, but ultimately the choice to spend your money on one thing is the choice to not spend that money on everything else.
Most women can easily afford both bread and lipstick. But, if they're short on money, turning down the thermostat a little in winter will save a lot more money than skipping lipstick for that date. Another reminder, I just expressed my desire for women to wear something other than zero makeup. I did say, or imply, anything about spending lots of money on their faces (I do dislike excessive makeup).

I know of at least one who doesn't have the money to spend on makeup, but won't believe her boyfriend when he tells her that he doesn't care if she wears makeup.
Her boyfriend does care, and she knows it. He's just trying to be nice. He wants her to know she's pretty even without makeup. He wants her to know that he's prefer to to give up the lipstick rather than have her utilities shut off.

Take note, he prefers her with makeup, else he would encourage her to skip it, rather than just say he doesn't care. By saying he doesn't care, he gets to play the nice guy while still getting the girl with makeup.

Some women probably wear makeup because they want to while others probably wear it because they're afraid not to. So "What's with some Christian women not wearing makeup?"
Despite the way you rattle on about wasting money and feminism and poor doctrine and a whole lot of other things that are only connected to that question in ways only comprehensible by your strange mind. The answer is that some Christian women just don't value makeup. And there's nothing wrong or unbiblical about that.
The connection between all the points is that they're strikes sometimes found against women I date, or consider dating. No woman has to wear makeup, if she doesn't want to. But, if she looks like a boy, I'm not dating her. And, in fact, not that I care, she's hurting her chances with most men. And, if she stops wearing makeup after she's married, then she's hurting her marriage.

There's nothing, per se, unchristian about going sans makeup. But, some churches (Oneness Pentecostals) are guilty of legalism in their opposition to women wearing makeup. There's nothing unchristian about wearing a little makeup.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I did leave off of my list the penchant of some women to careen into hysterics as something I don't want in a date. The negative feedback, that is, the snowflake impressions, aren't compelling. It's their loss that they don't want people being honest with them.
Well, I'll be honest with you, and it's your loss if you don't like it. Your attitude is full of self-righteous arrogance. You have no business complaining about whether women wear makeup, as you aren't demonstrating the maturity required for a relationship with a woman. You're certainly welcome to your preferences, but they are irrelevant to the rest of humanity.

Do yourself a favour: find a mature Christian man and ask him to give you some mentoring in the areas of women, relationships, and humility.