Singleness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

glmorgan7

May 29, 2018
I have been single for 10 years now, waiting on God’s timing. It can be hard, at times. I guess I thought it would get easier with time, but it’s not perfect. What do you guys do to stay strong and wait for God’s timing and promises?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What if God's timing is never? What if you don't find a spouse?

i have been single for 40 years and counting. Do I want to get married? It would be nice. But it's not an imperative. I will not consider my life incomplete without it.

It might be worthwhile to consider a future without "finding someone." Who knows, you might find a nice person next week and start dating and wind up getting married... or you may never find the perfect match for you. Will you live life regardless of whether you have a partner, or will you put your whole life on hold until you find a spouse?

glmorgan7

May 29, 2018
Thanks for your advice! God showed me to wait when I was 15 for the guy He had for me, but I know He calls some people to celibacy, like Paul in the Bible. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You just never know who you are going to meet, you may meet your future spouse tomorrow at your local grocery store at the produce department thumping the honeydews.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You just never know who you are going to meet, you may meet your future spouse tomorrow at your local grocery store at the produce department thumping the honeydews.
So honeydews can lead to honey-do's, eh? =^.^=

And you don't thump honeydew melons. You feel the surface. If it is dry, but the surface feels tacky, it is ripe. If it is dry and feels very smooth, it is not yet ripe. If the surface is wet it will always feel tacky.

What? That has ALWAYS worked for me.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So honeydews can lead to honey-do's, eh? =^.^=

And you don't thump honeydew melons. You feel the surface. If it is dry, but the surface feels tacky, it is ripe. If it is dry and feels very smooth, it is not yet ripe. If the surface is wet it will always feel tacky.

What? That has ALWAYS worked for me.
Yeah, you get it! What you do is a proven technique and superior to my approach that I used in the past.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I think tourist was saying I have a good method for finding ripe honeydew melons.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I’m confused. Lol
What I am saying is that if you have prayed for God to find you a loving and faithful spouse you have to remain open to that possibility and not get discouraged. When an opportunity presents itself you have to be ready to act upon it as God is not simply going to drop your future spouse in your lap. And it is certainly true that you never know who you are going to meet or where for that matter. You may meet that special one tomorrow at the counter of your local 7/Eleven as you are paying for your Slurpee. In the meantime enjoy the life that God has given you and make the most out of it. Being single may get lonely at times but it has it's advantages too. It's not so bad if you think about it.

glmorgan7

May 29, 2018
What I am saying is that if you have prayed for God to find you a loving and faithful spouse you have to remain open to that possibility and not get discouraged. When an opportunity presents itself you have to be ready to act upon it as God is not simply going to drop your future spouse in your lap. And it is certainly true that you never know who you are going to meet or where for that matter. You may meet that special one tomorrow at the counter of your local 7/Eleven as you are paying for your Slurpee. In the meantime enjoy the life that God has given you and make the most out of it. Being single may get lonely at times but it has it's advantages too. It's not so bad if you think about it.
Thanks so much! What an awesome answer and a great reminder! Sometimes I get caught up in the moment, but God always comes through. He’s got me in this area, too. :)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
what helped me is being active with my local assembly. I was involved with music ministry, teaching, and helped with you. I spent time with friends, who were also involved in these ministries. basically, if I wasn't at work or home, I was at church lol.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
People often assume Paul was never married, but he could have been widowed ;)
Unless I'm sadly mistaken Paul had to have been widowered. Paul was a rising star among the Pharisees and from what I understand (I could be wrong) members of the Pharisee sect had to be married

glmorgan7

May 29, 2018
what helped me is being active with my local assembly. I was involved with music ministry, teaching, and helped with you. I spent time with friends, who were also involved in these ministries. basically, if I wasn't at work or home, I was at church lol.
I help in different ministries and it has definitely helped soooo much! Idk what I’d do with my time without those. :)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
When being single starts to feel like a bad thing,
I just spend more time around the crazy women at my church...

then being single seems like a good thing again.
: )

glmorgan7

May 29, 2018

Hahahaha That is probably a great idea! Also, I babysit for my sister and I love her kids, but it sure helps me want to wait to have any! ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Unless I'm sadly mistaken Paul had to have been widowered. Paul was a rising star among the Pharisees and from what I understand (I could be wrong) members of the Pharisee sect had to be married
I wondered if I used the right word :D:devilish:;) Thank you for the correction :)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011

now now Maxwel. play nice. lol