Singles! What Things Would You Put Down as Your "Traffic Light" Dating Profile?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2015
Re: Singles! What Things Would You Put Down as Your "Traffic Light" Dating Profile?

Red: From input received from a close male friend I have known for 18 years, apparently I am too independent and give the impression I don't need a man which is intimidating. I never understood this. Apparently I'm too tall as well since men who I don't even know felt free to tell me this. Standing on the EL, at work, walking my dog, lol. BTW I am 5'10 which is tall but it's not like I'm 6'3.

From my perspective: At this time in my life I have found a level of Contentment (and my focus is remained on building more) and I will not play the typical dating games (both the cute fun games and especially not the unhealthy ones) which will no doubt be a red light.

Yellow: I have no doubt that it would take me longer to trust and freely open myself up to someone than they would want.

Green: I love my Savior, love my family, am an excellent cook, loyal beyond that which is rationale, and can knit. What more can anyone need or ask for? Lol

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Re: Singles! What Things Would You Put Down as Your "Traffic Light" Dating Profile?

Red: ... Apparently I'm too tall as well since men who I don't even know felt free to tell me this. ... BTW I am 5'10 which is tall but it's not like I'm 6'3.
You are free to ignore the limited perceptions of such short-sighted individuals. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

You had me at bassoons...
CatHerder!!!

Good to have you back!!!

Too bad now we're just going to have to send you to the Timeout Corner for being gone so long. :cool:

S

sothisisourhome

What is a "Traffic Light" dating profile? :confused:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Explanation from this thread's own first post:

For anyone who would like to participate, how about writing a "Traffic Light Dating Profile", like this?

RED: Name 1 or 2 challenges in your life that you feel might be tough for someone to see past.

YELLOW:
Name 1 or 2 things you're working on improving in your life, or asking God for help with.

GREEN: Name 2 or more things someone would love about you, or that you could contribute to a relationship.

S

sothisisourhome

[/COLOR]
Ahhhh, it all makes sense now!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

[/COLOR]
Ahhhh, it all makes sense now!
Alas, some people apparently just get kicks out of the titles I write (and try to answer after only reading the title), but I actually do try to explain the reason behind the thread in the first post. ;)

Actually, sometimes the title of the thread is a play on words and the whole purpose behind it has a completely opposite meaning... And those are usually the ones with the most amusing answers, because you can tell right away who did and did not read the first post.

(No offense to those who might not have the time to read the entire first post--I understand people are busy or don't want to read it--but sometimes it does make me smile. :))

Last edited:
S

sothisisourhome

Pffft, I can't help it! I'm in a lazy mood :p

T

toinena

Who wouldn't like to speak (and listen to) bassoons?

You had me at bassoons...

violakat

Apr 23, 2014

I've been told as well that my height intimidated some men. Eh,
Red: From input received from a close male friend I have known for 18 years, apparently I am too independent and give the impression I don't need a man which is intimidating. I never understood this. Apparently I'm too tall as well since men who I don't even know felt free to tell me this. Standing on the EL, at work, walking my dog, lol. BTW I am 5'10 which is tall but it's not like I'm 6'3.

From my perspective: At this time in my life I have found a level of Contentment (and my focus is remained on building more) and I will not play the typical dating games (both the cute fun games and especially not the unhealthy ones) which will no doubt be a red light.

Yellow: I have no doubt that it would take me longer to trust and freely open myself up to someone than they would want.

Green: I love my Savior, love my family, am an excellent cook, loyal beyond that which is rationale, and can knit. What more can anyone need or ask for? Lol

violakat

Apr 23, 2014

Ask him about stain glass.
CatHerder!!!

Good to have you back!!!

Too bad now we're just going to have to send you to the Timeout Corner for being gone so long. :cool:

Jul 25, 2015

Love your "Eh" at that end...sums it up Well!

Jul 25, 2015

You are free to ignore the limited perceptions of such short-sighted individuals. :)
Amen and nice pun!

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Really? Sounds like men that have issues with their own height. I've always known I was a manlet so tall women have never bothered me...I've always just avoided them knowing I am too short. I don't meet the 6,6,6 criteria many women claim to like, and good for them if they can find it someplace else.