I see. You don't agree with her position so you pick a fight with her?
Thank you crossnote.
I see. You don't agree with her position so you pick a fight with her?
You do realize that new people come along here all of the time don't you? If there is another thread, I certainly missed it. Who are you to decide what types of threads people can and cannot start? Leave the OP alone and take your bullying tactics elsewhere. It's still in some men in this world to stand up for women, especially older women, when they're confronted by bullies.
Two questions...
Scripture support?
Does God need to work through a stage and a person to give what you claim He gives?
My OP shows that. People that truly experienced God fall to their knees or with their face down.
We do not see any of this practiced or even hinted in the Scripture.
Those who advocate this practice need to consider what they are really attributing to the Holy Spirit. There is no Biblical precedent for being “slain in the Spirit.”
We do not see any of this practiced.................
Why are you imagining a stage?
In scripture, people did fall in the presence of Holy Spirit power. Sometimes the feet just cannot manage to hold a person up when Holy Spirit is in front of you.
Why are you imagining a stage?
In scripture, people did fall in the presence of Holy Spirit power. Sometimes the feet just cannot manage to hold a person up when Holy Spirit is in front of you.
You say "in Scripture" please post the verses/passages with references to where people fall in the presence of the Holy Spirit because their feet cannot hold the person up. Thanks!
I'm not 'imagining' a stage, every video clip I've seen where people are 'being slain in the spirit' there is a stage present or they act like it's a stage performance.
Nancy, I have witnessed this in person, not from a video. Maybe I don't understand what I saw. All I know is it didn't look right, or feel right. It seemed as though the audience was in awe of this preacher. It appeared to me that the people he touched, went unconciousWel,l churches have a dais, for the most part, do they not? You may in your criticism choose to look down on what the Lord does among His people and consider it entertainment, but that is how the world sees things. We are not of the world. You have a choice.
Nancy, I have witnessed this in person, not from a video. Maybe I don't understand what I saw. All I know is it didn't look right, or feel right. It seemed as though the audience was in awe of this preacher. It appeared to me that the people he touched, went unconcious
FALLING DOWN BACKWARDS
Genesis 49:16-17
"Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward".
1st Samuel 4:18
"And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years."
Isaiah 28:13
"But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."
The Lord is speaking here of rebellious
Israel
John 18:6
"As soon then as he had said unto them, I Am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground."
They had come to arrest Jesus.
FALLING FACE FORWARDS
Genesis 17:3
"And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,"
Joshua 5:14
"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?"
Ezekiel 1:28
"As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake."
Matthew 17:5-6
"While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."
Luke 17:16
"And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan."
Revelation 7:11
"And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,"
Revelation 11:16
"And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,"
Acts 9:3-4
"And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?"
Saul was a little different in that he
fell down as a sinner but arose as a
saved person. And then the Lord
told him to arise. Act 9:6
Matthew 26:39
"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Jesus fell forward in prayer.
*****************
Largest Audio/Video library of Pentecostal Manifestation Heresy in the world!
this web page is concerning the Brownsville
Revival, Toronto Blessings. It has video clips of
the services.
The presence of GOD and the power is moving through the 'gifted man of GOD' in the meeting places, and people 'fall' to the ground is 'true' as we have 'witnessed'.
In the account of the HOLY BIBLE, we have learned during the presence of GOD and when HE spoke, people 'fall' to the ground, as though they were dead or paralysed. Such account of a believer who 'experienced' and 'explains' such, even today, can be considered and is to be 'true' and also of 'truth'.
When JESUS answered three times, 'I AM', to those who came to arrest HIM and asked about HIM, they 'fell back' also three times at HIS answer.
But 'interpreting' and making a 'doctrine' that came from 'weak men' justifying one is being 'Slain in the SPIRIT' can be considered as 'false'. i believe this 'term' came about 'deceivingly' and commonly used by 'weak' believers, just because 'witnessing' the 'man of GOD' in the meeting places, where he 'swings his arms like a sword' on people in front of him.
Apart from this, i believe the 'deliverance' from 'demon' or 'evil spirit' oppression in such meeting places, can be considered as 'true'. Sadly this has become an 'attraction' for many believers and strongly tend to attend or be in one regularly. And also many come back for 're-deliverance' again and again.
GOD's HOLY SPIRIT 'gifts' may have or being used in 'vain' and this results to 'lawlessness' of the church. Also 'exposing' this and such events, we cannot not 'generalize' all of them are 'one', because there are 'spirit and truth' operational ones out there for the Kingdom of GOD, with CHRIST and the HOLY SPIRIT according to the HOLY BIBLE.
Thank you and may GOD bless you all in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST.
When JESUS answered three times, 'I AM', to those who came to arrest HIM and asked about HIM, they 'fell back' also three times at HIS answer.
pipto: to descend from an erect to a prostrate position; to fall down, to be prostrated, fall prostrate; of those overcome by terror or astonishment or grief or under the attack of an evil spirit or of falling dead suddenly; the dismemberment of a corpse by decay; to prostrate one's self; used of suppliants and persons rendering homage or worship to one; to fall out, fall from i.e. shall perish or be lost; to fall down, fall into ruin: of buildings, walls etc.FALLING DOWN BACKWARDS
Genesis 49:16-17
"Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward".
1st Samuel 4:18
"And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years."
Isaiah 28:13
"But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."
The Lord is speaking here of rebellious
Israel
John 18:6
"As soon then as he had said unto them, I Am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground."
They had come to arrest Jesus.
FALLING FACE FORWARDS
Genesis 17:3
"And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,"
Joshua 5:14
"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?"
Ezekiel 1:28
"As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake."
Matthew 17:5-6
"While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."
Luke 17:16
"And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan."
Revelation 7:11
"And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,"
Revelation 11:16
"And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,"
Acts 9:3-4
"And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?"
Saul was a little different in that he
fell down as a sinner but arose as a
saved person. And then the Lord
told him to arise. Act 9:6
Matthew 26:39
"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Jesus fell forward in prayer.
*****************
Largest Audio/Video library of Pentecostal Manifestation Heresy in the world!
this web page is concerning the Brownsville
Revival, Toronto Blessings. It has video clips of
the services.
Nancy, I have witnessed this in person, not from a video. Maybe I don't understand what I saw. All I know is it didn't look right, or feel right. It seemed as though the audience was in awe of this preacher. It appeared to me that the people he touched, went unconcious