Slow

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I feel like the forums are really slow. Like compared to 5 years ago or so. Is it just me?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I think you may be right. I haven't been here that long, but it seems that even a year ago, it was a little faster paced.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I feel like the forums are really slow. Like compared to 5 years ago or so. Is it just me?
I've been saying that for years. Around 2014 there started a gradual slowdown.
But, also, on the weekends the site slows down way more, oddly.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I've been saying that for years. Around 2014 there started a gradual slowdown.
But, also, on the weekends the site slows down way more, oddly.
Yeah I first came here like 2014 and have a new account since then and seems so much slower now. Like I feel like it used to be a lot better and happier. Now just seems sort of empty and not the same idk.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Yeah I first came here like 2014 and have a new account since then and seems so much slower now. Like I feel like it used to be a lot better and happier. Now just seems sort of empty and not the same idk.
2013 was a peak year, at least since the time I've been on. It was very active back then. And more friendly. 2014 was good but you could already start telling the difference.
Maybe it's an ebb and flow and will pick up again. Who knows.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Things here have really changed here over the years and I always wish that people could see it back when I first joined, because this place was hopping! It became my substitute for TV and most other forms of entertainment, and I was here all the time.

I have to wonder if part of the drop-off is just the fact that there are SO many other choices out there now. I've lost touch with a good number of people, including many I've met here, because it seems like everyone has their own favorite site or app they'll ask me to join in order to reach them. I try to resist joining gazillions of social media sites--not because the people aren't worth it, but it's just that even if I did join every site that was mentioned, I'd never have the time to keep up with them anyway.

So, I generally choose to keep in touch via good old email (which I realize has also gone the way of the dinosaurs) and am very thankful for the few people out there who are willing to still keep in touch that way.

I also have to wonder if most people have lost general interest in forums these days, because it does take a bit of effort and time to write out one's thoughts, and everything now days seems geared towards a 3-letter abbreviated text.

I would guess that many people don't feel they have the time or even ability in a forum (it's amazing how hard it can be to translate thoughts into written words.)

I also think that the amount of criticism on the internet seems to be ever-increasing, so it often seems like many people want to read what others write, but are afraid to add their own thoughts after seeing how much negative feedback others get.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Perhaps they are.. but also it was holy week, so people are often somewhere or somethings else? Personally, i had trouble catching up w/ some threads i'd have wanted to linger in. For ex., there are the funny or let's laugh threads, but after reading the first and last pp., i wonder how i could get to the in betweens w/o missing a thing.

There are some really interesting threads to explore, even if you see the pace as slow, but whats interesting to me may not be to you=). As kim said, emails or pm may work for you, umzza, if a friend or 2 are able to exchange significant or relevant matters w/ each other, and you do not have to keep searching in threads you care not about.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I think you may be right. I haven't been here that long, but it seems that even a year ago, it was a little faster paced.
I admit there's another much slower forum i visit once in a while. If i have to respond to posts, it's often after a few days. One can check and read new posts daily or once in a while, but as it's so slow, there are days u see no new posts, really. Its the first i joined however, so i still pass by to see what's going on and am encouraged some, which i hope i also do when i write something=).

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Things here have really changed here over the years and I always wish that people could see it back when I first joined, because this place was hopping! It became my substitute for TV and most other forms of entertainment, and I was here all the time.

I have to wonder if part of the drop-off is just the fact that there are SO many other choices out there now. I've lost touch with a good number of people, including many I've met here, because it seems like everyone has their own favorite site or app they'll ask me to join in order to reach them. I try to resist joining gazillions of social media sites--not because the people aren't worth it, but it's just that even if I did join every site that was mentioned, I'd never have the time to keep up with them anyway.

So, I generally choose to keep in touch via good old email (which I realize has also gone the way of the dinosaurs) and am very thankful for the few people out there who are willing to still keep in touch that way.

I also have to wonder if most people have lost general interest in forums these days, because it does take a bit of effort and time to write out one's thoughts, and everything now days seems geared towards a 3-letter abbreviated text.

I would guess that many people don't feel they have the time or even ability in a forum (it's amazing how hard it can be to translate thoughts into written words.)

I also think that the amount of criticism on the internet seems to be ever-increasing, so it often seems like many people want to read what others write, but are afraid to add their own thoughts after seeing how much negative feedback others get.
I just realized I've been here since 2009 not 2014 :ROFL: Oh wow now I feel old. Yeah I remember it back in the day. It was really good.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Yeah I remember it was literally like better than facebook or anything. I feel like a lot of the younger people who were like young teens have just grown up now and have other stuff going on.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I am still mad about the change in the website colors and format that they made in like 2009 or 2010 or something :ROFL: I think that's were the downward spiral started :ROFL: jk lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I admit there's another much slower forum i visit once in a while. If i have to respond to posts, it's often after a few days. One can check and read new posts daily or once in a while, but as it's so slow, there are days u see no new posts, really. Its the first i joined however, so i still pass by to see what's going on and am encouraged some, which i hope i also do when i write something=).
This is the first site that I joined and the only site for that matter. I love this place from the start and still do.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I tried another site way back but it was a lot slower haha and didn't like the format.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am still mad about the change in the website colors and format that they made in like 2009 or 2010 or something :ROFL: I think that's were the downward spiral started :ROFL: jk lol
Yeah, I found it disappointing too and miss the old format. Still, the most important aspect for me is the members that have allowed me to see who they really are and what is important to them. I consider every member to be very real and not a virtual entity that can simply be deleted.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Do you think I'd be successful if I started a petition to bring back the 2009 layout :LOL::ROFL: