snake in the grass' wolf among us.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
.I think we have a snake, wolf, bot or troll among us and I don't know how to report it

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Hey Bob, there will be a blue "report" button at the bottom left of each of his posts.
Just report one of the posts, and then explain your thoughts in the little report form.

The mods will then take a look at the report whenever they're able.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
OtK. I see. I didn't know what that was for just like i tried to use the follow button a few times and it dinn't seem to do anything. t
There was nothing overt or questionable about the communication I had with him. However I started to wonder why there were no pictures of his face, or statemenents about the bible or anything transparent, before or after we went to my personal email account.
photos of starving kids, requests to bring them to my church etc...
So I came back here to try to investigate and sound the alarm without letting him know he was under suspission, kinda like setting a trap for him or her...but I couldn't figure out how. The blue report icon goes away every time I try.. I posted here in hopes i would sound a silent alarm for the admistration to figure out how to handle if it is what I suspect I'd like to bring them to justice. If its just paranoia, my bad, oops
If we have the enemy within I'd rather bust him than let him get away. my report feature is off can/will you do it please?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You can try sending information and appropriate links directly to a mod.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hey Bob, there will be a blue "report" button at the bottom left of each of his posts.
Just report one of the posts, and then explain your thoughts in the little report form.

The mods will then take a look at the report whenever they're able.

There are no bots here..but plenty of trolls, definitely..

U

Ugly

Posting things in public may be useless.
Mods may never see your post.
Mods may not know who you are referring to, nor have enough information to go off of without you stating specifics.
You can't post names without getting in trouble.
Going off site quickly is never wise. Whatever happens off the site is irrelevant and can't be used for any punishment or ban on the site. So your personal emails are useless.

Following someone is similar to friending them. It allows you to see their public posts from your profile. So if you follow five people you can go to your profile and see what each one posts. At least that's how I understand it with the recent changes.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
First thing first. It is really poor judgement on your part to engage with a perfect stranger off site especially when that user has virtually no post history.

Unless that user has in some way violated this site's TOS we have no reason to get involved. Once you took the conversation off site you removed it virtually eliminated this site's concern outside of extreme circumstances.

I can guarantee that the user of which you speak is attempting to get you to give him money, he's just being smart enough to pull on your heart strings rather than blatantly asking because that would violate our TOS.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You can try sending information and appropriate links directly to a mod.
First thing first. It is really poor judgement on your part to engage with a perfect stranger off site especially when that user has virtually no post history.

Unless that user has in some way violated this site's TOS we have no reason to get involved. Once you took the conversation off site you removed it virtually eliminated this site's concern outside of extreme circumstances.

I can guarantee that the user of which you speak is attempting to get you to give him money, he's just being smart enough to pull on your heart strings rather than blatantly asking because that would violate our TOS.
thank you for responding I am new at this, brand new and your third sentence is what I suspected. I didn't know what to do about it so I brought up. I have steered clear of social media and networking sites because of this. I will know better now, Whats a mod?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
thank you for responding I am new at this, brand new and your third sentence is what I suspected. I didn't know what to do about it so I brought up. I have steered clear of social media and networking sites because of this. I will know better now, Whats a mod?
Short for Moderator.

The biggest thing on social media is to exercise wisdom and caution.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
A mod is a member of a group of crime fighters called "The Mod Squad". I learned this by watching television in my youth.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
OtK. I see. I didn't know what that was for just like i tried to use the follow button a few times and it dinn't seem to do anything. t
There was nothing overt or questionable about the communication I had with him. However I started to wonder why there were no pictures of his face, or statemenents about the bible or anything transparent, before or after we went to my personal email account.
photos of starving kids, requests to bring them to my church etc...
So I came back here to try to investigate and sound the alarm without letting him know he was under suspission, kinda like setting a trap for him or her...but I couldn't figure out how. The blue report icon goes away every time I try.. I posted here in hopes i would sound a silent alarm for the admistration to figure out how to handle if it is what I suspect I'd like to bring them to justice. If its just paranoia, my bad, oops
If we have the enemy within I'd rather bust him than let him get away. my report feature is off can/will you do it please?
Guy running a scam on you. Never reply to a perfect stranger especially giving away personal information such as an email address. Under no circumstance send any money either.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

Point #1, you are making the crazy PRESUMPTION we are responsible for our own actions.

Point #2, there are millions of Americans who disagree with point #1.

This whole ordeal has really upset me,
please point me to the CC safe space...
I need to calm down.

------

------

Dec 16, 2012
I think we have a snake, wolf, bot or troll among us and I don't know how to report it
Keep a record of every time they send a message to you and or attempt to post things on the forums in order to hold your attention hostage.

Short for Moderator.

The biggest thing on social media is to exercise wisdom and caution.
Precisely. Don't engage as that's the first thing these calibre of people are looking for you to do. Have a solid understanding of the person, their issues and motivations and don't respond to their manipulative tactics which more of than not involve soliciting other members too. Ignore, record and report.