So I'm a mod on another site, please pray for patience

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Well, I go on discord gaming chat and recently I was made a mod on a Christian gaming discord. And it is tough. There are a lot of kids on here, but then also there are some people who are just like obsessed with conspiracy stuff and focusing only on the negatives of life and the falleness of the world. Kinda crazy.

I wanna be a good mod.

J

joefizz

I'm sure someone can give you some decent tips on over seeing sites,I'm surprised one person in particular hasn't showed up already,Joefizz is taken aback!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well, I go on discord gaming chat and recently I was made a mod on a Christian gaming discord. And it is tough. There are a lot of kids on here, but then also there are some people who are just like obsessed with conspiracy stuff and focusing only on the negatives of life and the falleness of the world. Kinda crazy.

I wanna be a good mod.
Wait what? this is news to me sweetie holy cow a mod eh? what an honor to be elected a mod, If you ever need emotional support or any support at all just know I am here for you and that I believe in you♥

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I'm sure someone can give you some decent tips on over seeing sites,I'm surprised one person in particular hasn't showed up already,Joefizz is taken aback!
I am not too into the discord thing, it's fun to do sometimes but my main focus and work is done here in cc

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

I wanna be a good mod.
After having been on staff here for over six years the best advice I can give is to grow a really thick skin.

No matter what you do you will have some persons that think that you abuse your power and others that think you don't have a heavy enough hand.

Keep your emotions and personal opinions of users out of it. In my tenure here I have banned more than my share of persons that I really liked (my friends list just keeps shrinking) and likewise there are plenty of users here that really annoy the dickens out of me.......but they are still here.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
After having been on staff here for over six years the best advice I can give is to grow a really thick skin.

No matter what you do you will have some persons that think that you abuse your power and others that think you don't have a heavy enough hand.

Keep your emotions and personal opinions of users out of it. In my tenure here I have banned more than my share of persons that I really liked (my friends list just keeps shrinking) and likewise there are plenty of users here that really annoy the dickens out of me.......but they are still here.
I hope I am not one who annoys you lol. But ya it is not easy being a mod and some people think it is, regardless of if your a mod or in power of any kind people always tend to complain about something you do or don't do that is why you can't be a people pleaser and a mod

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona

Thank you. I needed to hear this. Especially about keeping the personal emotions in check

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I think you'll be an awesome mod, Steph.. :)

J

joefizz

I am not too into the discord thing, it's fun to do sometimes but my main focus and work is done here in cc
actually I meant a certain mod I know.

Aug 2, 2009
Being a good mod is so overrated... Just ban anyone who doesn't agree with you! :rolleyes: I trust your judgement.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I just hop on whenever, but I try to hop on whenever I'm available to do so be it on my desktop, tablet, or phone