So much negativity...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I've been here for a little over a year now. When I joined, I was at a very low point in my life, litterally dying, and ready for God to call me home. I didn't think my life had purpose anymore. I was wrong. I found fellowship and purpose here. I have never witnessed as much quarreling and negativity as as I have seen lately. I'm thinking that it may be time to say goodbye. I will of course pray about it, but it weighs on my heart to be witness to Christians hurting others when we're to love one another. None of us are righteous, no not one. Ask yourself if you're showing Jesus or if you need to examine your heart.

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Don't leave. Just put those people on ignore, then you don't have to deal with their negative attitude anymore. I think we all need to examine our hearts..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You are a tremendous asset to this site and many have been blessed by the example you set and the way you conduct yourself. It would be a real shame to lose another quality member who has a good heart and full of wisdom and good cheer.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
You are a tremendous asset to this site and many have been blessed by the example you set and the way you conduct yourself. It would be a real shame to lose another quality member who has a good heart and full of wisdom and good cheer.
Thank you for kind and loving words. I will pray about it. Where He leads, I follow. He knows how much seeing people hurt others breaks my heart. I've been hurt by others my whole life...and I don't want bitterness and resentment to find a foothold in my life. Maybe that makes me soft to some...but I also have the strength and power of my Lord Jesus should I need it...but I try to use Him as an example when trying to get others to reach out to Him.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
I've been here for a little over a year now. When I joined, I was at a very low point in my life, litterally dying, and ready for God to call me home. I didn't think my life had purpose anymore. I was wrong. I found fellowship and purpose here. I have never witnessed as much quarreling and negativity as as I have seen lately. I'm thinking that it may be time to say goodbye. I will of course pray about it, but it weighs on my heart to be witness to Christians hurting others when we're to love one another. None of us are righteous, no not one. Ask yourself if you're showing Jesus or if you need to examine your heart.
Noooo! You can't leave. You're one of the bright spots on CC! :)

T

toinena

I think you shouldn't leave. At least i would miss you and your goodhearted comments here.

We are all dealing with a lot of things. Some of us heavier than others. I guess you have had your share, too. And we have different ways of dealing with the pain we are carrying. Some days are better than others. Some threads are more toxic than others.

When a thread becomes toxic, just leave. Stop following them. Write a blog, read a blog. Connected with people. Do something else. Say what you have to say, and leave the thread. Not the site.

CC has been a turning point in my life and I have had my ups and downs these past months. But I am still here. And I guess I will be here until I get banned for some reason. (me and my big mouth.. I guess I will be reported now)

I hope to see you around here a long time too, sister. You are more appreciated here than you might know.

J

joefizz

Oh there are worse Christian chat sites believe you me,not much discussion just vulgar remarks and speculations,honestly Christian chat is one of the best Christian chat sites if not the best,only one site even comes close.

Feb 5, 2017
Doesn't make it any less toxic, than it is to be out there among people in the real world. Some people LIVE here.

Oh there are worse Christian chat sites believe you me,not much discussion just vulgar remarks and speculations,honestly Christian chat is one of the best Christian chat sites if not the best,only one site even comes close.

J

joefizz

I think you shouldn't leave. At least i would miss you and your goodhearted comments here.

We are all dealing with a lot of things. Some of us heavier than others. I guess you have had your share, too. And we have different ways of dealing with the pain we are carrying. Some days are better than others. Some threads are more toxic than others.

When a thread becomes toxic, just leave. Stop following them. Write a blog, read a blog. Connected with people. Do something else. Say what you have to say, and leave the thread. Not the site.

CC has been a turning point in my life and I have had my ups and downs these past months. But I am still here. And I guess I will be here until I get banned for some reason. (me and my big mouth.. I guess I will be reported now)

I hope to see you around here a long time too, sister. You are more appreciated here than you might know.
You banned?
no way.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I don’t know you but I resonate with you.

But I ask you to think again.
Your heart is about fellowship, love and you found it here and your purpose was restored.

Stick around and show Jesus in you to others who are seeking Jesus.
Those who wish to quarrel and tear each other apart leave them to it.

Those who need a purpose and are seeking it walk with them.
Spend time also on threads that are light hearted where people just want to relax and have funny banter.

Dec 21, 2012
Keeping the faith will always offend wayward believers that go astray that are exalting something else in His name that takes believers' eyes off of Him. They are still brothers and sisters to me, but I am to hate the sin and love the snner when it comes to ministry outreach and so I am to love my brothers & sisters but hate the heresy.

It may be that God is just calling you to cheer believers up, to spread a little sunshine around; even if it is to remind them to love one another even when the other is wrong because they are His still, even when they are astray or even if for some reason, they stop believing in Him for one reason or another; if they believe not, He is faithful because He still abides. See 1 Timothy 2:13 )

Sometimes, starting a fun thread can accomplish that ministry and allow the Lord to lead even me away to take a break and know that those I contend with that oppose themselves are simply not listening so I can ask Him for help to let go.

Pray about it.

Matthew 10:[SUP]2 [/SUP]And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Matthew 25:[SUP]40 [/SUP]And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Lighthearted I don't even know you and I know this is a year old post but I had to say that your avatar made me laugh out loud. Anyone with your sense of humour is soooo needed. I love it. I say that we can all choose to set a new standard. My example was being out for lunch with a group of ladies. One started in with talking about lousy service at the store, then others chimed in about lousy service the last time they went for lunch, not cluing in that there were staff around to hear this rubbish. I decided I'd had enough. I said "I really like this place and the girls are wonderful. I appreciate how hard they work to make it a great experience." Suddenly there was a shift. The first one hurried said she didn't mean this place then she agreed our server was lovely. I asked about people's favourite places and experiences. The ladies spent the rest of the meal trying to one up each other sharing their best stories. By the time I left I was smiling and so were the servers who were all tipped very well.
With a sense of fun like yours I bet people will follow your example. I'm still laughing at the avatar. :)

Dec 11, 2016
I'm not a frequent poster, but when I read this, I had to rely quickly to say, Please don't leave! We need your witness. We all have our moments, but He is so forgiving! Yes?! I knew you'd agree:) If we try and live our life in a-gentle-strength-like Jesus, we might eventually live out our faith and bring others to Him. You are needed!!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
seems Christians are under attack more now, just noticing it recently in my area and here and other forums, I liked the teaching I heard recently that there are 4 kinds of people, unsaved, newly saved, carnal Christians and Spiritual Christians, as we grow we shed more and more of the carnal Christian traits as He conforms us to the image of His Son.
Not everyone grows, many believe they can stop at mere salvation and please G-d, they often are the ones that bash.
Lord bless you and keep you, this day and going forward.

Last edited:

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
No, don't leave. Please.

I found this site after a thread on one of another (I had been enjoying) Christian site's moderators told me they were going to kick me off because he didn't like my diet! I saved him the trouble and left.

I came here looking for nice people, and I found them. All sites need people like you.

Please stay. :)

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
No, don't leave. Please.

I found this site after a thread on one of another (I had been enjoying) Christian site's moderators told me they were going to kick me off because he didn't like my diet! I saved him the trouble and left.

I came here looking for nice people, and I found them. All sites need people like you.

Wow there is nothing so odd as folk, as the saying goes. They didn't like your diet? What have we come to in our faith that we dissect things this way and are willing to hurt others for minutia. Glad you found your way here.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
:) Thank you, Laughingheart!

U

Ugly

No, don't leave. Please.

This thread is from 4 weeks ago, and she's still posting. I think it's safe to say she's not left. These 'i may/am leaving' threads are not too uncommon around here.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
She has not left, for which we should be thankful, not critical.
blessings

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
I agree, Woody. :)