Some truth about speaking in tongues, the Holy Ghost, spiritual gifts and 1 Corinthians 14

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Only cessationists will watch your bait and switch echo chamber invincible ignorance.
Pure trash. All attacking.
Your God is weak and powerless and you are here to make darn sure he stays that way.
Go attack another group.
Stop shooting the body of Christ.
Keep rubbing that Jesus lamp! Maybe He will bestow YOU with a great and wondrous gift!

Or.... You can just believe THE Gospel unto Salvation...

Jul 23, 2018
Get you an attack banner.
You can call it
"God dont have no powa and i cans prove it"

Then when you get to heaven you can show Jesus all the holes you put in his body.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Don't be so presumptive.
You do not know what communication and sharing has been going on between Hanania1 and me.
Sorry , but i thought it would helpful if somebody help him who understand.

7seasrekeyed

Can you agree that eternal spirutual gift are gifts not seen?

Literal gifts can be seen. I have not received my reward of a new incorruptible body as of yet.

Why would a person put themselves under the oral tradition of self-edification rather than walking by faith the unseen ?

The same below (they have their reward) could apply to the misconception of tongues as a sign . What does it confirm other than for all that God has done prophesying they believe not (no faith) having it in respect to something they can do outwardly to edify their own self?

I would stay far away hiding the word of God in my newly created heart...remembering, he must increase We edify him not our own selves.

Matthew 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

that is your own personal garee mashup rendition from which you quote

even though it is well nigh incomprehensible, you can still get cessationists to like it

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
well I can't disagree with this :giggle:

you are saying some very notable things here, but will be passed over (forgive the pun)

IMO, the OT is very much a physical picture of the present spiritual one...but that is hardly an original thought on my part I guess
It's a revelation truth that not many see.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
But i dont say: every salvation must be exactly in the same way like my salvation, otherwise it is not a right salvation.
Repent. Turn to God as Lord of life. Follow Holy Spirit.

We Begin by hearing the gospel.

What would be different,?

A change of nature takes root. We know we are His within. Reborn.

7seasrekeyed

It's a revelation truth that not many see.
a Christian will not see the entire picture without the foundation of the OT IMO

just adding that anything noteworthy that happened had the Spirit of God operating

7seasrekeyed

Keep rubbing that Jesus lamp! Maybe He will bestow YOU with a great and wondrous gift!

then pray for her

be a Christian

I don't care for what she said either, but you have an agenda here

I don't

please don't think you are sharing the gospel. you aren't

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Repent. Turn to God as Lord of life. Follow Holy Spirit.

We Begin by hearing the gospel.

What would be different,?

A change of nature takes root. We know we are His within. Reborn.
Well, the basic is the same of course. But the way the Lord speaks and reach and works with us is different. Individually.

Mar 28, 2016
Absolutely said:
Only cessationists will watch your bait and switch echo chamber invincible ignorance.
Pure trash. All attacking.
Your God is weak and powerless and you are here to make darn sure he stays that way.
Go attack another group.
Stop shooting the body of Christ.
What kind of cessationists? Like these: "Yet for all that they refuse to hear prophecy says the Lord.

Sounds like its the sign of cessationists. No outward sign for the continualists, they walk by faith, the unseen, spiritual eternal

Spiritual (not having form) gifts not seen Yes .

No literal gifts, seen .Jesus says they have there reward.

In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.!Corinthain14:21-22

Once a person confirms what the sign confirms then the rest of the doctrine falls into place .

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Yet for all that they refuse to hear prophecy says the Lord.
What nonsense is this?
Of course good Pentecostals hear prophecy!
The gift of prophecy is enjoyed at our Wednesday night and Sunday meetings when people operate this gift for all of us to hear.
Mainstream churches devoid of the gifts of the Holy Spirit never operate the gift of prophecy.
No it those who refute the Pentecostal gospel who refuse to hear prophecy.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
There is absolutely no evidence presented in this video that this woman, Jenn Johnson, has been baptized in the Holy Spirit or that she
speaks in tongues.
It is very indicative of a person who knows something of the Holy Spirit secondhand but not directly.
Anybody talking such rubbish is delusional, and more likely to be a product of your U.S. prosperity gospel.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

I shouldn't just assume people know who this person is. She is the daughter-in-law of Bill Johnson, Lead Pastor at Bethel Church in Redding California. Along with her husband Brian, they founded Bethel music.

It is hard to overstate just how huge and influential both Bethel Church, and Bethel music are. The number, and seriousness of heresies coming from this Church is staggering. It is important to understand that ALL of these big name Charismatic Churches are interconnected. They speak at each others Churches and conferences, they extol one another, and NONE of them call out the heresies of the others.
There are MORE, but these are some of the big names you've probably heard of, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen, Paula White, Rod Parsley, Todd White, T.D. Jakes, Jesse Duplantis, and although they may not come right out and say it like this woman, they all believe the Holy Spirit is like the Big Blue Genie in Aladdin.

I'd once again urge you to watch this Documentary, which is more about the correct Gospel than anything else, but does an awesome job of exposing the prosperity gospel, and how America is exporting this garbage to poor nations around the World:

Mar 28, 2016
What nonsense is this?
Of course good Pentecostals hear prophecy!
When it comes to signs and wonderment to excite the emotions. The belief system described as a evil generation (non converted ). The Pentecostals become silent and refuse to look to the foundation Isaiah 28 (not Acts 2 the fulfillment)

Mainstream churches devoid of the gifts of the Holy Spirit never operate the gift of prophecy.
No it those who refute the Pentecostal gospel who refuse to hear prophecy.
Mainstream churches walk by faith the eternal not seen. Rightly divide between the thing literal seen and the spiritual not seen .They have no need to invent things that are not there rather than walking by faith (the unseen work of God) .

The sign of tongues, God bring new prophecy as one of the manners says the opposite .The action of those who refuse to look to the foundation of tongues confirm it .Yet for all that they refuse to hear.(cessationists)

Catholisicim does the same create wonderments to be emotionally charged ,Sayin the main line are dead because they understand God is looking for a contrite heart as spiritual charged They believe some things that have to do with the ideas of the Bible .But when it comes to choosing between their new innovation like Pentecostals, tongues without understanding or falling back slain in the Spirit .They make the true foundation of the tongues as to its purpose with the falling backward without effect. Turning things upside down looking to the things seen the temporal rather than the eternal not seen (the faith principle. )

The gift of prophecy is enjoyed at our Wednesday night and Sunday meetings when people operate this gift for all of us to hear.
Gift of prophecy as in interpreting sounds without meaning?

I have attended a few. Seems like one big emotion show of wonderment .signs and wonders . The ones Jesus say of those who confuse spiritual .(spirit denoting not seen) gifts for literal supposed gifts seen.

Study the law and the expansion of it in 1 Corinthians 14. It confirms what the sign represents and points to. Then the rest of the doctrine falls into its intended purpose. Edify God. Not one self[/QUOTE]

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Once a person confirms what the sign confirms then the rest of the doctrine falls into place .
Except that it doesn't, because as I have stated several times previously, your view of the Isaiah passage does not line up with the events of Acts 10.

7seasrekeyed

I shouldn't just assume people know who this person is. She is the daughter-in-law of Bill Johnson, Lead Pastor at Bethel Church in Redding California. Along with her husband Brian, they founded Bethel music.

It is hard to overstate just how huge and influential both Bethel Church, and Bethel music are. The number, and seriousness of heresies coming from this Church is staggering. It is important to understand that ALL of these big name Charismatic Churches are interconnected. They speak at each others Churches and conferences, they extol one another, and NONE of them call out the heresies of the others.
There are MORE, but these are some of the big names you've probably heard of, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen, Paula White, Rod Parsley, Todd White, T.D. Jakes, Jesse Duplantis, and although they may not come right out and say it like this woman, they all believe the Holy Spirit is like the Big Blue Genie in Aladdin.

I'd once again urge you to watch this Documentary, which is more about the correct Gospel than anything else, but does an awesome job of exposing the prosperity gospel, and how America is exporting this garbage to poor nations around the World:

getting an education are you?

Johnson was Pentecostal as was his father before him. he changed houses some years back so follow his current path

so you are just shooting in every direction hoping to hit something

again, while I don't agree or practice many things some of the above mentioned people do, I abhor what you are doing

this thread has been taken way off course and your intention is to put people who do not hold to your beliefs on the defensive

the thing is, you present nothing we probably do not already know and will not dissuade anyone already filled with the Holy Spirit to listen to you and turn from the biblical record

therefore, your only hope, in your presentations, is to veer those who have not experienced the infilling, to be turned away

you have no experience or research of your own but just go about youtube hoping to find some lurid evidence of what you believe

I have actually researched the roots of these movements and it is far more complicated then most would bother to understand

so, constantly telling everyone the sky is falling is obviously not working, but it seems to satisfy something in you that will not allow even scripture to speak for itself

U

UnderGrace

Simon Magus comes to mind when I listen to this nonsense.

Anyone with an ounce of understanding of the structure/function/patterns of language(s) knows incoherent/incomprehensible babble is simply that and not spiritual