Something I'm opposed to is a person who asks a question, "What Religion was Jesus of Nazareth?" As an educated Socratic philosopher, I'm religiously opposed to this, I think that this is an impertinent question, and also blasphemous.
Religion is human understanding.
Something I'm opposed to is a person who asks a question, "What Religion was Jesus of Nazareth?" As an educated Socratic philosopher, I'm religiously opposed to this, I think that this is an impertinent question, and also blasphemous.
Some religions are true, and some are false. If your religion is false, it is either because your understanding is false or because what you studied and viewed is not true.
I have no idea what a "Socratic Philosopher" is, but Jesus was not of any "religion." Jesus is God! God the Son. He came to earth to establish Gods Salvation Plan for all mankind. He established the New Covenant Faith! That is why Christianity is a FAITH, and not a religion. We serve a "living God!"
Looking into your claim of Socratic Philosopher, I see a few wee problems merging that earthly wisdom belief with Christianity, Gods Word.....
(example)
Socratic Paradoxes: No one desires evil. No one does wrong willingly. These two are directly against the Word of God............thus christians should dismiss them IMO.
Socrates stated: There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.
Again, completely against the Word of God. In fact; it COMPLETELY DISMISSES GOD!
Socrates did believe in an afterlife, but I see no evidence he believed in God, Jesus, or had any knowledge of Scripture. Now, all of this may have been unkonwn to him due to when he lived, but there seems to be no reason for Christians to take in his ideology, except as a way to expand ones knowledge of "worldly ways" that are not in keeping with Scripture IMO.......
15 Examples of Socrates Philosophy - Simplicable
The Philosophy of Socrates - Philosophy & Philosophers
What worldly religion is Truth? There is only ONE Truth, and that is the Word of God!
Now, be sure, to each his own, but I prefer to place my trust and faith in the One True Living God, and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit.
I do not place my faith and trust in the wisdom/philosophy of man. The reason is:
Proverbs, Chapter 3:
5) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
(and)
1 Corinthians, Chapter 1:
24) But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26) For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
As I said, to each his own, but I am a blood bought, born again child of the Living God and I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus the Christ; and I lean on the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit for wisdom and understanding.