Sound Doctrine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What teachings didn’t Paul understand?

[2Pe 3:16 KJV] 16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
My response is to your own reference.

rrcn said:

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
[2Ti 4:2-3 KJV] 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
[Eph 4:4-5 KJV] 4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

I have noticed that many of the Christian discussions on the forum tend to degenerate rather quickly as different sides weigh in on the subject. While discussion is a positive thing I can’t help but notice that the various sides seldom find unity, though according to Paul there is only one faith. There a lot of other verses urging unity over doctrine but those above stand out to me.
[Isa 30:21 KJV] 21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This [is] the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

What do y’all think?
1 Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

The new age movement that interprets the Bible according to the occult and evolution, and people are still evolving to be spiritual, and there is no personal God.

The new age movement is why the world rebels against God, and some shall depart from the faith, and follow their interpretation of the Bible.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The time will come when the people will not want to hear the truth of the Bible, but hear it according to the new age movement.

When the New Age Christ negotiates peace in the Middle East it will result in a peace treaty, and then he will work in the world as a great man of peace, and push the agenda of the new age movement.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My question is in response to the following: rrcn said:
yes I read further back and sort of see now what happened

for clarity you do believe Paul was an apostle and understood better than all of us Jesus teachings correct ?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
yes I read further back and sort of see now what happened

for clarity you do believe Paul was an apostle and understood better than all of us Jesus teachings correct ?
Thank you , I always believe Jesus Yeshua, always.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I hope we all understand that Scripture never contradicts Scripture. Jesus’ Gospel truly was Paul’s Gospel, too. There’s only one Gospel.
Amen Jesus is Lord Paul is one of his witnesses to the earth like Peter or John

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
op: sound doctrine?

Yes, I believe that despite the ecumenism [ contrary doctrines; itchy ears? ]
that says: "let's just forget 'doctrine' and only "unite in love," and reach the
world," that God Teaches Otherwise, eh?:

1Ti_1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with​
mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there​
be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;​
2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;​
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having​
itching ears;​
Tit_1:9 Holding fast The Faithful Word as he hath been taught, that he may​
be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.​
Tit_2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:​
When God says something 1, 2, or even 3 times, we should pay attention, no?
How about 4 Times? Seems Very Important to me, anyway...

Amen.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Amen Jesus is Lord Paul is one of his witnesses to the earth like Peter or John

Amen, brother. In Ephesians 6:11, Paul exhorts Christians to "Put on the whole armor of God" and in Philippians 2:5 to "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus".

Oluwasemi

Jan 14, 2024
[2Ti 4:2-3 KJV] 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
[Eph 4:4-5 KJV] 4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

I have noticed that many of the Christian discussions on the forum tend to degenerate rather quickly as different sides weigh in on the subject. While discussion is a positive thing I can’t help but notice that the various sides seldom find unity, though according to Paul there is only one faith. There a lot of other verses urging unity over doctrine but those above stand out to me.
[Isa 30:21 KJV] 21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This [is] the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

What do y’all think?

Oluwasemi

Jan 14, 2024
One should consider Luke 4 vs 18: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

We are all followers of Christ that we believe in the gospel and I feel the different sides could mean the different denominations of christianity. I do believe at the end of the day we are all believers of Jesus Christ.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
...We are all followers of Christ...
Precious friend, yes, we all should be; however, in light of all the Confusion
[ differing denominations ] have you considered the following Scriptures,
Rightly Divided [ to solve confusion ]?:

I have decided to follow Jesus?

I am concerned some are "following unsound doctrine. What think ye?

Amen.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen, brother. In Ephesians 6:11, Paul exhorts Christians to "Put on the whole armor of God" and in Philippians 2:5 to "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus".
amen

“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord,

which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: by whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:1, 3-6‬ ‭

Blade

Nov 19, 2019

What do y’all think?
Your looking back in time when it was one faith. John wasn't Baptist and Paul WOF then John.. oh poor John he wasn't Catholic. You witnessed unity right here in this thread. They will know you are mine by your love one for another. There are many doctrines but not one the one that counts.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Amen, brother. In Ephesians 6:11, Paul exhorts Christians to "Put on the whole armor
of God" and in Philippians 2:5 to "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus".

1 Corinthians 2:16
:)