Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LittleBit1987

An uneventful day at work, an easy commute home and "Mandatory Metallica" on the radio during my drive. Score! Ham and bean soup for supper. Score! NCIS and NCIA: NO on tonight. Score! Star Wars Episode VII on Blu-ray for tomorrow night. Score!

I am totally doing better than I deserve today.
At least... SOMEONE'S day was "rocking and rolling"....:p

E

eternally-gratefull

Happy Hump Day all.. Week is Almost over .. Hope everyone is having a blessed week!!

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
I've realized that Christians need to learn the art of forgiving. They talk about how God is so forgiving but when a person messes up, I've seen some Christians act so cold and terrible and want nothing to do with the person that angered them.

It is unfortunate to see, honestly.

#PracticeWhatYouPreach

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Here's a Google image of a chunk of the Titanic they have in an exhibit here in Vegas.

You're not allowed to take a picture of it because the flash from your camera will 'damage the iron'.
Yup. 90 years at the bottom of the ocean, and a flash from a camera will damage it.

2016-04-06_06.13.32.jpg

BTW, yes, it is impossible to stand in front of it and not hum the Titanic movie theme.

E

ember

One of these beautiful little purple finches showed up this am, but didn't get to eat...think he was too intimidated by all the Jays buzzing around...but it was a pleasure to see him! supposed to warm up tomorrow...we sure hope it does!!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
I've realized that Christians need to learn the art of forgiving. They talk about how God is so forgiving but when a person messes up, I've seen some Christians act so cold and terrible and want nothing to do with the person that angered them.

#PracticeWhatYouPreach
Yeah, its a bummer.

E

ember

Here's a Google image of a chunk of the Titanic they have in an exhibit here in Vegas.

You're not allowed to take a picture of it because the flash from your camera will 'damage the iron'.
Yup. 90 years at the bottom of the ocean, and a flash from a camera will damage it.

View attachment 147149

BTW, yes, it is impossible to stand in front of it and not hum the Titanic movie theme.
really? I dunno...sounds a little strange to me about the flash, but what do I know? LOL....neat to see it though..

E

eternally-gratefull

#PracticeWhatYouPreach
Amen, Sadly this more resembles christianity than it should We want to be forgiven, but we refuse to forgive others (or are slow)

Matt 18:
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. [SUP]23 [/SUP]Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. [SUP]24 [/SUP]And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. [SUP]25 [/SUP]But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. [SUP]26 [/SUP]The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ [SUP]27 [/SUP]Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ [SUP]29 [/SUP]So his fellow servant fell down at his feet[SUP][d][/SUP] and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’[SUP][e][/SUP] [SUP]30 [/SUP]And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. [SUP]31 [/SUP]So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. [SUP]32 [/SUP]Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. [SUP]33 [/SUP]Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ [SUP]34 [/SUP]And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
Yeah, its a bummer.
I've seen it in Christians more than nonchristians.

And what's unfortunate to me is that Christians KNOW that they are called to forgive. And yet, it doesn't happen.

I understand forgiveness is hard. But there is a difference between REFUSING to forgive (because it's a bitter heart and hard heart) as opposed to WORKING on forgiving.

Forgiveness doesn't happen overnight. But, it's more worrisome to me when I see a follower of Jesus who refuses to forgive because it can affect them spirituality. Forgiveness isn't just for the person that needs to be forgiven, but it is also for the person who needs to forgive because it releases them from a bondage that they didn't even know about.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i used to be a bitter person. forgiving those who hurt me was a struggle. i felt like i had the right to be angry (which i did), but i had to learn to give up that right. it's a difficult process.

and what i learn is that basically, the root of all ickyness is pride.

it took my years to get out of bitterness, but praise the Lord He didn't give up on me. He doesn't give up on anyone :)

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro

And what's unfortunate to me is that Christians KNOW that they are called to forgive. And yet, it doesn't happen.

I understand forgiveness is hard. But there is a difference between REFUSING to forgive (because it's a bitter heart and hard heart) as opposed to WORKING on forgiving.

Forgiveness doesn't happen overnight. But, it's more worrisome to me when I see a follower of Jesus who refuses to forgive because it can affect them spirituality. Forgiveness isn't just for the person that needs to be forgiven, but it is also for the person who needs to forgive because it releases them from a bondage that they didn't even know about.
Interesting topic. It happens a lot. Kind of like, we know we're called to righteousness, and yet, we still sin. xD We're called to purity, yet our minds are still filled with filth, called to serve, yet we long to be served by others. Called to share, but we don't.

Same thing. But then, God looks at the heart and understands what's going on that the rest of the world doesn't.

Aren't we glad we serve a God who always forgives?

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
i used to be a bitter person. forgiving those who hurt me was a struggle. i felt like i had the right to be angry (which i did), but i had to learn to give up that right. it's a difficult process.

it took my years to get out of bitterness, but praise the Lord He didn't give up on me. He doesn't give up on anyone :)
Exactly. It does take years to learn the art of forgiving as well as releasing bitterness.

I think trying to create that willingness takes practice. I had someone in my family that had hurt me before. As much as I didn't want to forgive, I knew I was called to and refusing to do it was a form of rebellion. Example, I knew God had called me to forgive but.....I chose blatantly not to and was acting opposites of His will for my life. So, in my life, I wanted to create that willingness. I used to just write post it notes as reminders to forgive. Choosing to say everyday, 'I choose to forgive,' took a lot of courage and strength. I didn't believe it at first, but eventually, that forgiveness set in.

Creating a willing heart instead of a hard heart is important in the process of forgiveness. Because it is hard to forgive.

E

eternally-gratefull

Interesting topic. It happens a lot. Kind of like, we know we're called to righteousness, and yet, we still sin. xD We're called to purity, yet our minds are still filled with filth, called to serve, yet we long to be served by others. Called to share, but we don't.

Same thing. But then, God looks at the heart and understands what's going on that the rest of the world doesn't.

Amen, If I was God and I was honest with myself. I probably could not be like him.. I would be so less forgiving..

Praise God he is God and not us!!

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro

Amen. I'm struggling with this, as you already know. :) I'm just glad that God's patience never runs out.

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
Interesting topic.

I deleted part of your comment just because I wanted to touch on these and was way too lazy to bold things haha.

Yeah, it's definitely true. We know what to do but we don't do it. We know what we are called to do: To forgive, to love, etc etc. But sometimes we fall short. But like I said, it's a part of being WILLING to forgive as opposed to a REFUSAL to forgive. Your actions show your heart. What you produce comes from your heart.

Anyways, God does look at the heart. So he sees the heart of the offender as well as the person who was hurt. It's cool to see Him involved.

But, forgiveness is important and it is a must in a Christian's life. You may disagree and that is okay. But, God does call us to forgive. Even though it is hard.

God still accepts us as His own even when we fall short. Which, like you said, is a very happy thing. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
One of my pet peeves within Christian culture is that everyone thinks God is on their side.

Meaning... they don't think they're wrong. They think they're right, the other person is the one who did something wrong, and God has their back. So surely if the most powerful being in the universe is on your side, how could you possibly be wrong? They don't forgive because they don't see themselves as having done anything wrong by holding on to the anger. They don't see it as a grudge, they see it as God's righteous justice that the person who wronged them surely deserves.

At least, this is my own personal hunch as to why we see this behavior even more in the Christian circle than in unbelievers....

(And yes, I stand just as guilty as anyone else.)

Just the other day I was reminded of someone from my past and boy, did my anger flare up quick!!! I have to keep telling myself, "Let it go, let it go... Forgive and move on."

And now I have to wonder if people here are going to forgive ME for getting a certain song stuck in their heads first thing this morning... :D

#JustCouldn'tResist.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I deleted part of your comment just because I wanted to touch on these and was way too lazy to bold things haha.

Yeah, it's definitely true. We know what to do but we don't do it.

Anyways, God does look at the heart. So he sees the heart of the offender as well as the person who was hurt. It's cool to see Him involved.

But, forgiveness is important and it is a must in a Christian's life. You may disagree and that is okay. But, God does call us to forgive. Even though it is hard.

God still accepts us as His own even when we fall short. Which, like you said, is a very happy thing. :)
It is. :) If it wasn't for His forgiveness, we wouldn't be saved and have CC, after all! xD