St. Valentine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2009
Joint-heir are you really this ignorant? Or simply anti-catholic?

I have enjoyed reading your posts in the past, but this is just......silly.

IT IS NOT THE CATHOLIC PEOPLE I BELIEVE IS CORRUPT
IT IS THEIR LEADERSHIP
AND THEIR RULES THAT ARE SET IN A PROCESS FOR THEIR GAIN
I AM AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS PREACHING TO OTHERS HOW TO LIVE FOR GOD
I AM AGAINST CONFESSING SINS TO HUMAN BEINGS
I AM AGAINST MAKING MARY SOMETHING SHE IS NOT
I AM AGAISNT BUYING YOUR PENTENCE
I AM AGAINST THE BELIEF OF PERGATORY
I AM AGAINST PRAYING TO STATUES
I AM AGAINST PRAYING TO SAINTS
I AM AGAINST PUTTING A MAN EQUAL TO GOD.......AKA : THE POPE
SO YES I AM AGAINST THE CATHOLIC REGIME

Feb 3, 2010
IT IS NOT THE CATHOLIC PEOPLE I BELIEVE IS CORRUPT
IT IS THEIR LEADERSHIP
AND THEIR RULES THAT ARE SET IN A PROCESS FOR THEIR GAIN
I AM AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS PREACHING TO OTHERS HOW TO LIVE FOR GOD
I AM AGAINST CONFESSING SINS TO HUMAN BEINGS
I AM AGAINST MAKING MARY SOMETHING SHE IS NOT
I AM AGAISNT BUYING YOUR PENTENCE
I AM AGAINST THE BELIEF OF PERGATORY
I AM AGAINST PRAYING TO STATUES
I AM AGAINST PRAYING TO SAINTS
I AM AGAINST PUTTING A MAN EQUAL TO GOD.......AKA : THE POPE
SO YES I AM AGAINST THE CATHOLIC REGIME
Why are you misleading people?

Catholics do not ordain practicing homosexuals - the church believes it is a sin

The sacrament of confession tells us to confession sins to God before you ever go to a priest. If you are against confessing sins to human beings I hope you also condemn public prayer. Also you are not in agreement with the early church who taught us to confess our sins to the entire congregation.

Hope you do not have any pictures of Jesus or Mary - we do not know what they looked like - you would be portraying them as something they were not.

The RCC does not teach us to pray to statues.

Simony is a sin - the RCC did practice it for a very small period of time - it was wrong. It was also wrong to exclude black people from white churches, which was a more recent sin practiced by Protestant churches - it is time to move on.

If you are against praying to saints, I hope you are consistent by also condemning the practice of asking people to pray for you.

You are confused about the role of the Pope. We are all called to be like Christ - if you deny this you are denying the process of sanctification.

It is too bad that you put so much effort in condemning thing you do not understand. We should all be focused on loving each other, rather than promoting half-truths.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2009
The RCC does not teach us to worship saints. If you are angry about people who are misleading other you must have a lot of self-hatred, because you are misleading people about RCC teachings.

I HAVE A MAN WHO IS NOW AN ADVISOR IN OUR CHURCH
WHO WAS WHAT YOU CATHOLICS CLASSIFY AS A ....... BISHOP
ACCORDING TO HIM THIS IS A HIGH RANK WITHIN THE RCC
HE HAS ALL THE ARTICLES BY WHICH I HAVE MY INFORMATION BASED OFF OF
SO
EITHER YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING
OR
LIKE YOU DO BEST
YOU ARE COVERING YOUR OWN TRACKS

Dec 21, 2009
Why are you misleading people?

Catholics do not ordain practicing homosexuals - the church believes it is a sin

The sacrament of confession tells us to confession sins to God before you ever go to a priest. If you are against confessing sins to human beings I hope you also condemn public prayer. Also you are not in agreement with the early church who taught us to confess our sins to the entire congregation.

Hope you do not have any pictures of Jesus or Mary - we do not know what they looked like - you would be portraying them as something they were not.

The RCC does not teach us to pray to statues.

Simony is a sin - the RCC did practice it for a very small period of time - it was wrong. It was also wrong to exclude black people from white churches, which was a more recent sin practiced by Protestant churches - it is time to move on.

If you are against praying to saints, I hope you are consistent by also condemning the practice of asking people to pray for you.

You are confused about the role of the Pope. We are all called to be like Christ - if you deny this you are denying the process of sanctification.

It is too bad that you put so much effort in condemning thing you do not understand. We should all be focused on loving each other, rather than promoting half-truths.

LIKE I SAID ALREADY..........

SO
OR
LIKE YOU DO BEST

C

charisenexcelcis

THEN TO A LIST OF THESE PEOPLE I HAVE NO CLUE WHO THEY ARE CALLED SAINTS
GOTTA BE HONEST HERE FOLKS
ST. V CAN KISS MY BUTTT AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED
AND EVERY OTHER SO-CALLED SAINT IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC SYSTEM
WHO PROBABLY WAS A PEDIFILE AND HOMO CAN TOO
So, you did say something about Valentinus. You called him a pedophile and a homosexual and told him to kiss your butt. Is the problem that you don't know him? Is this reaction one of spiritual jealousy.

Dec 21, 2009
So, you did say something about Valentinus. You called him a pedophile and a homosexual and told him to kiss your butt. Is the problem that you don't know him? Is this reaction one of spiritual jealousy.

BE SPECIFIC ON THE ONE YOUR TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE MINE
HAS TO DO DIRECTLY WITH THE POPE
WHICH MOST POPES ARE ALOT OF TIMES MADE SAINTS

Pope Valentine, pope for thirty or forty days in 827
Saint Valentine, name of several martyred saints of ancient Rome
Valentinus (Gnostic) (c. 100 – c. 160), early Christian gnostic theologian
Basilius Valentinus, 15th century monk from Erfurt who may have described bismuth
Roman emperors Valentinian I (364–375) and Valentinian II (371–392)
Valentinus (rebel), Roman exile who attempted a conspiracy in Roman Britain

C

charisenexcelcis

BE SPECIFIC ON THE ONE YOUR TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE MINE
HAS TO DO DIRECTLY WITH THE POPE
WHICH MOST POPES ARE ALOT OF TIMES MADE SAINTS

Pope Valentine, pope for thirty or forty days in 827
Saint Valentine, name of several martyred saints of ancient Rome
Valentinus (Gnostic) (c. 100 – c. 160), early Christian gnostic theologian
Basilius Valentinus, 15th century monk from Erfurt who may have described bismuth
Roman emperors Valentinian I (364–375) and Valentinian II (371–392)
Valentinus (rebel), Roman exile who attempted a conspiracy in Roman Britain
So, you can't tell which one the day honors? Do you deny that you said that Valentinus was probably a pedophile and a homosexual? Which one of these were you addressing? You are the one trying to squirm out of it now.

Feb 3, 2010
LIKE I SAID ALREADY..........

SO
OR
LIKE YOU DO BEST
Like I do best?

So I am part of a conspiracy, I suppose.......oh brother.

Your church needs a new adviser - it is impossible for me to believe that a Bishop of the RCC (same level as Pope) is advising your church on catholic teachings, which are in line with anti-catholic literature, rather than current catholic doctrine. Bishops, like priests earn the equivalent of PHDs in theology - they are scholars.

Feb 3, 2010
Valentinus was a gnostic - he is different from St. Valentine.

C

charisenexcelcis

Valentinus was a gnostic - he is different from St. Valentine.
Valentinus is just the Latin for Valentine (I think?). It doesn't matter. Joint-heir is not so stupid that he can't figure out which Valentine it was that is honored by the day.

Feb 3, 2010
Valentinus is just the Latin for Valentine (I think?). It doesn't matter. Joint-heir is not so stupid that he can't figure out which Valentine it was that is honored by the day.
You might be right - I was going off Wikipedia - ha

Dec 21, 2009

SO
YOUR CLAIMING THE POPE WAS NOT SAINTED...?
NOR THE MARTYRS...?
BUT RATHER
ANOTHER AN AGNOSTIC...?
BECAUSE
THE RCC WOULD NOT WASTE TIME MAKING SOMEONE THEY DISAGREED WITH
TO BE A SAINT
AND YOU OF ALL IRS
KNOWS THIS BETTER THAN ANYONE

C

charisenexcelcis

SO
NOR THE MARTYRS...?
BUT RATHER
ANOTHER AN AGNOSTIC...?
BECAUSE
TO BE A SAINT
AND YOU OF ALL IRS
You called Valentine a pedophile and a homosexual and told him to kiss your butt, Then you said you have nothing against Valentine and that you never said anything against him and challenged me to look at your previous posts. Now you are pretending that you don't even know which Valentine we are discussing--meaning you slandered someone whom you don't even know.
By the way, do you need any tax advice because I would recommend that you take the standard meals & incidentals allowance when you travel. It will save you alot of bookkeeping and probably give you a better deduction. Also, if you get a housing allowance, don't forget to take the Deason Rule allocation because the IRS audits that quite a bit.

Feb 3, 2010
SO
NOR THE MARTYRS...?
BUT RATHER
ANOTHER AN AGNOSTIC...?
BECAUSE
TO BE A SAINT
AND YOU OF ALL IRS
Hardly any Popes are saints

M

machew

Hardly any Popes are saints
Just thought I would mention, since I wont have BLARING BOLD caps firing back at me. That many of the people named saints by the RCC were some really amazing people that lived lives that are worth reading about. :D

H

Harley_Angel

Wow Joint-Heir, this is rediculous. This thread was supposed to be informational about the works of St. Valentine and what he did that was worthy of a day to honor him and you've turned it into nothing but something centered around your catholic hatemongering. Do you think that is what Jesus wants for us? Do you think he wants us to take the focus away from the good things that happen in this world and twist them into evil? Can't you just be silent and accept that there was a man, who is now called Saint, who did works so good that we decided to honor him with a day of celebration instead of calling him a homosexual, a pedophile, etc and slandering him and the Catholic church? Jesus NEVER did that.

C

charisenexcelcis

Wow Joint-Heir, this is rediculous. This thread was supposed to be informational about the works of St. Valentine and what he did that was worthy of a day to honor him and you've turned it into nothing but something centered around your catholic hatemongering. Do you think that is what Jesus wants for us? Do you think he wants us to take the focus away from the good things that happen in this world and twist them into evil? Can't you just be silent and accept that there was a man, who is now called Saint, who did works so good that we decided to honor him with a day of celebration instead of calling him a homosexual, a pedophile, etc and slandering him and the Catholic church? Jesus NEVER did that.
Joint heir got banned. Oh, here's your thread back.

H

Harley_Angel

Excellent...half priced stale chocolate with cherry nougat for all!

O

oopsies

Excellent...half priced stale chocolate with cherry nougat for all!
Mmmmmmm I bought chocolate hearts from Save-on-Foods tonight... it had caramel inside! :D and it was half-priced and not stale! ^.^

Feb 3, 2010
vanilla ice cream with blueberries and chocolate syrup....mmmmmm