"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" New Trailer.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

I hope you've all seen this already, but if you haven't, here you go...

[video=youtube;sGbxmsDFVnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE[/video]

Oooh, the chills! It's so very different, but I love the tone. What are your thoughts on the new trailer?

J

JeniBean

My thoughts are I dont want to watch it!!! I want to be surprised!!! I like surprises!

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I thought the trailer was awesome! The Vader connection is probably the thing I'm most curious about. But, definitely excited for the movie; I even ordered a Force Awakens shirt to wear for it lol.

J

JeniBean

I ordered shirts on Force Friday for family and friends. They r sweet!

T

Tintin

My thoughts are I dont want to watch it!!! I want to be surprised!!! I like surprises!
Oh, it's a great trailer, but it's a mystery box. Tells us nothing of the story, but hints at many wonderful things. :)

S

Sirk

When I finally get to see the latest star wars movie...it doesn't matter if it is good or bad. I will love it and it will bring me to a place where all is right in the world.

T

Tintin

When I finally get to see the latest star wars movie...it doesn't matter if it is good or bad. I will love it and it will bring me to a place where all is right in the world.
I'd prefer if it were good. Very good. ;)

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
There are very few things that give me the warm and fuzzies. Seeing X-Wings and Tie Fighters go at it in unfamiliar skies does.

All hail the Resistance. Never forgive. Never forget.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I hope you've all seen this already, but if you haven't, here you go...

[video=youtube;sGbxmsDFVnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE[/video]

Oooh, the chills! It's so very different, but I love the tone. What are your thoughts on the new trailer?
Rawr rawr rawr, this is a Christian chat, we're supposed to be talking about Jesus, blah blah blah... :p (Just in case anyone tries to ruin this thread with that malarkey, I did it for you. :p )

For real though. I first got into Star Wars (old trilogy) in 2nd/3rd grade. I've loved it ever since. I'm not sure about this new one, but I'm excited to see what direction it goes in! I think the fam's gonna try to see it around Christmas. :) Can't wait!!!!

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I didnt watch the trailer because I also kinda wanna go into this totally not knowing what it will be about :p

But yeah, I am excited to see it. I just worry about having someone to go see it with :p My best friend isnt real big on going to the movies, so hopefully I can convince him to go with me :p
Am excited though. Im sure it wont be the greatest Star Wars film ever made, but that doesnt mean it will be bad. Im sure Ill enjoy it to some extent.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
Doesn't feel like Star Wars but I'm still gonna see it. :p

W

wwjd_kilden

lil beat me to it :( :p

I was going to say_ Countdown to someone saying 'the force' is demonic: 10 - 9 ....

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
lil beat me to it :( :p

I was going to say_ Countdown to someone saying 'the force' is demonic: 10 - 9 ....
The great part about Star Wars is that the story is complex enough to make room for people to love the series without necessarily loving the Jedi.

If I were somehow transported to the series, I would seek to be an officer in the Rebel Alliance/Resistance. But the Force? Pah.

T

Tintin

I didnt watch the trailer because I also kinda wanna go into this totally not knowing what it will be about :p

But yeah, I am excited to see it. I just worry about having someone to go see it with :p My best friend isnt real big on going to the movies, so hopefully I can convince him to go with me :p
Am excited though. Im sure it wont be the greatest Star Wars film ever made, but that doesnt mean it will be bad. Im sure Ill enjoy it to some extent.
Like I said, the trailer reveals nothing of the story, but it's your prerogative if you don't choose to watch it. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Doesn't feel like Star Wars but I'm still gonna see it. :p
I have to agree with Jonah; this trailer has a completely different feeling. But hopefully that doesn't mean that it's going to be something bad.

Star Wars is precious to me because as a kid (when movies were available ONLY in theaters--if you didn't see them at the theater, you assumed they were gone forever), my brother and I would see the trailers on TV and every time, we'd stop what we were doing, totally hypnotized, and say, "WWWOOOOWWW...."

One day, my Dad took us both in the car and said he was taking us somewhere and we had to guess where. We kept guessing Grandma's house...

I will NEVER forge my Dad driving very slowly past (what seemed like) that giant billboard poster with Luke and Leia right on the front, and he pointed to it and said, "THAT'S where we're going." We were TOTALLY blown away because we had NEVER been to a movie before. My Dad took us to all 3 movies, and I remember him softly reading the "translation" of Jabba the Hut's lines to us in the theater. (In fact, the theater we went to was torn down many years ago, taking a piece of my childhood with it.)

I know the tickets for this new film will be sold out for months, but when the hubbub dies down, I want to tell my Dad, "I'm taking you somewhere... and you have to guess where..."

I just hope these movies are actually worth it. I loved the original Star Wars movies because:

1. They featured unknown actors who hadn't been typecast yet, so you could really "believe" their characters were "real". For instance... just think of all the movies and characters you'd be thinking of instead if someone to the equivalent of Tom Cruise had been cast. He would have been flashing that lightsaber and I would have been thinking, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!"

2. The humor was just amazing ("Will someone get this Walking Carpet out of my way!!!???") and what I loved most is that when I watched these films again as an adult, I appreciated the humor even more than when I was a kid.

Episodes 1-3 took everything I loved about the originals... and shot it to oblivion (just like the Death Star.) I'm one of those people who would like to deny that 1-3 were ever made!

But when I saw the part of this trailer with the mysterious robed figure resting (his?) robotic arm on R2-D2, I got chills. If that DOESN'T turn out to be Luke... I just might cry.

M

MollyConnor

I'm excited! Did you guys get your movie tickets yet? They started selling them here on Monday!

I don't really like going when there's a lot of people because they talk loudly most of the time, especially at midnight showings. The teens tend to laugh and joke about everything. :rolleyes: I prefer going at a time where it's not going to be very crowded with people haha.

I'll probably wait a week to go see it. :p

D

Donkeyfish07

I expect it to disappoint me greatly. JJ Abrams is directing it. I expect it to be loaded with leftist politically correct philosophy and it will force the movie into sucksville territory. Ill probably even short disney's stock after its been in theaters a few days.

That being said, Im still watching it opening day and if it's actually a good movie....then I'll be pleasantly surprised and I will enjoy it more because my expectations are already low. I made the high expectations mistake with Episde 2. Never again

Last edited by a moderator:

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
The Force Awakens
Was the Force ever actually asleep?

Come on, its the Force, it doesn't hit the snooze button.

May the Force be with you?
This is stating that it is currently active, alive and/or can be obtained.

C

CarolSampaio

I don't care... I alredy bought my ticket... and I'm alredy planning on a Star Wars Marathon to watch all the movies before the new one comes out!!! :D

I just LOVE Star Wars!! :)

I just can't wait for it!!!! I can't wait... I....

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I don't care... I alredy bought my ticket... and I'm alredy planning on a Star Wars Marathon to watch all the movies before the new one comes out!!! :D

I just LOVE Star Wars!! :)

I just can't wait for it!!!! I can't wait... I....

Obsess much, Carol? ;)