Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

I'm leaving the Country Saturday. Exciting, yet strangely enough, back to normal.

I probably won't be around here much at all until like January. But, I'll be back eventually.
liamsON, out of country used to mean things like, I won't be able to communicate with folk in the states anymore, but, not anymore, brother, so, we expect you to keep in touch and let us know how the Lord is leading your life where you are going.

I admire steps like that taken, not sure why they are being taken but following His lead is good and goodness results with God our guide. God bless you, broliam, and, keep you :)

The Lord leads :) "...you follow Me." :)

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Sure :)

also, littleConeHis, those are all antibacterial things for your cough and throat. If it's antibacterial infection, then, those things--lemon, ginger, licorice, also cinnamon, jalapenos, red pepper--help well for that , but, if it's a different kind of infection, then, it will take antibiotics from a doctor very likely.

Some natural antibiotics are:

sage (buy a spice jar of it from dollar store or safeway)
chicken soup (put the sage in the soup)
garlic (get some fresh French bread and put butter on it and then microwave garlic in the cloves so becomes soft)
Greens too, are good, like peppers and green and red lettuces (not iceberg or butter) and spinach.

I like natural healing methods, but, when I got sick in 2011, I went through all kinds of antibacterial remedies like the ones I said above and didn't help, I went through natural antibiotics too and still God was saying go to the doc. So, I did, and, two months later I got better. sick for 4 months total, was longest ever been sick like that and I praise God I have not been sick like that since :)
I put garlic and a ton of sage on my chicken before I deep fry it....will that yield the same benefit, or will it just be tasty?

A

arwen83

So bloody bored. Nothing to entertain me. At least I work tomorrow.

G

GreenNnice

I put garlic and a ton of sage on my chicken before I deep fry it....will that yield the same benefit, or will it just be tasty?
tasty only. Deep frying anything kills it's nutritional value big-time, not sure of a percent but think high #, frenchhornplayingsheepherder, and, not only that, it will add plaque to your arteries, which limits flow to the heart, so, OK, in moderation to deep fry chicken sometime and attend KFC but I wouldn't make a habit of it. The WORST thing to do is deep fry a Twinkie, you may not even live through doing that once :D

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
tasty only. Deep frying anything kills it's nutritional value big-time, not sure of a percent but think high #, frenchhornplayingsheepherder, and, not only that, it will add plaque to your arteries, which limits flow to the heart, so, OK, in moderation to deep fry chicken sometime and attend KFC but I wouldn't make a habit of it. The WORST thing to do is deep fry a Twinkie, you may not even live through doing that once :D
Good ta know....I'll just wrap bacon around the chicken and bake it, then. :)

G

GreenNnice

So bloody bored. Nothing to entertain me. At least I work tomorrow.
When I can sit around and do nothing arwenbaggins, I enjoy it, it's nice to have free time that God's given us .

I think it's good you look forward to going to work, God's led you there for growth in some way and it's in His leading :)

Garfield sits in his catbox for one cartoon saying something dreamily, eyes half-closed, 'Eat and sleep, Eat and sleep, Eat and sleep, I wonder if there is more to life than that. I hope not . "

I do play with my dog, she has this little mini car tire that I got from pet store, it is perfect size to scoop up with my foot up to my hands, otherwise, I have to wrestle her for it on the ground and that never works because she does not believe in 'share.' She's a lot of fun though, we have a big loop with wooded area in middle, I take her toy and run to one side and then she is on the other, she takes off after me and realizes I am too far ahead, in her mind--LOL, she can hit 35-40mph running at full speed, or, close to it-- and stops and goes the other way. So, I turn around and go her way and she gets pretty frustrated with this.. I am such a teaser, just like teasing my sister growing up, 1.5 years younger was a perfect age for me to bug her often. :D

M

MissCris

Growing up, my phone number had two zeros smack in the middle of it. When I gave out my number to people, I always said OO instead of 00.

My ex-husband was in the military. When I gave him my number saying O instead of 0, he said "O isn't a number." It was just an off-hand, muttered remark he made.

To this day, I never ever say O when I mean 0.

This doesn't even have anything to do with my day, I don't know what made me think of it.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Growing up, my phone number had two zeros smack in the middle of it. When I gave out my number to people, I always said OO instead of 00.

My ex-husband was in the military. When I gave him my number saying O instead of 0, he said "O isn't a number." It was just an off-hand, muttered remark he made.

To this day, I never ever say O when I mean 0.

This doesn't even have anything to do with my day, I don't know what made me think of it.
...and that is in the true spirit of "Streams of Consciousness"

A

arwen83

Newish mattress, plus memory foam topper, plus feather bed topper = sleeping on a cloud tonight. With everything on it, plus bed frame, the bed goes up to my hip. Have to climb to get on it XD

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Arwen, I have bed-envy. My back is killing me today from doing lots of lifting and carrying of mattresses, actually. And some nights my bed does more harm than good. =\

G

GreenNnice

...and that is in the true spirit of "Streams of Consciousness"
So what is my stream , chopped liver? :D

Yeah, I always said 'Oh' to for the zero, my house address was 8 O 5 and my phone number was with an O or to in it too but I forget it at the moment so, so much for giving that, had that number in my head for 15 plus years and now its gone, I guess. O well :D

G

GreenNnice

Newish mattress, plus memory foam topper, plus feather bed topper = sleeping on a cloud tonight. With everything on it, plus bed frame, the bed goes up to my hip. Have to climb to get on it XD
And, now we all know what sleeping in heaven will be like , well, kind of, it will be better than sleeping on clouds even, I imagine :) I can only imagine :)

For back problems, since I've been doctor all day for littleC, why not again, I went to a natural chiropractor, at first, about 4-5 times after I got whiplash and in car accident in 1995. Then, after all beter, I tweaked it again a little later doing something and since my chiropractor had died in a bicycle accident, I couldn't go see him anymore :(

Soooo. The Lord leads. He led me to ice and so what I do now--praise God, I haven't had to do this for at least a year or two now---is take big ice cubes and put them in rows for the upper, middle, and, lower parts of my back. I lie down a towel and then I put my back, yes, my bare back, on those ice cubes. It is a feeling of quite coldness at first, brrrrr explains it well, but then my back actually settles into the coldness and the ice cubes massage into my sore back muscles and it is really an incredible therapy for me. I can't speak for you all, but, IF you have back problems, then, try it :)
And, no, you won't get frostbite, I never have, anyway, and, I've done it about 10 times in the last 15 years, I'm guessing.

And, usually, you need to go through two or three sets of ice cubes per session and do this a couple times a day for 3-4 days and , voila, with prayer ALL along the way, you just might be BACK to your normal self :)

Jul 25, 2012
I'm finding it difficult to communicate with the counselors. Especially when they change from one person to another with each of their own unique method. My inability to share- or rather my inability to be verbally articulate seems to be slightly annoying them. I am not able to adequately word out every thought clearly. And when I do try to speak, it sounds completely asinine. Maybe I should just bring my laptop and type out for them what is on my mind. At least maybe this type of communication may properly convey my emotions and whatever junk is floating in my head.

G

GreenNnice

I'm finding it difficult to communicate with the counselors. Especially when they change from one person to another with each of their own unique method. My inability to share- or rather my inability to be verbally articulate seems to be slightly annoying them. I am not able to adequately word out every thought clearly. And when I do try to speak, it sounds completely asinine. Maybe I should just bring my laptop and type out for them what is on my mind. At least maybe this type of communication may properly convey my emotions and whatever junk is floating in my head.
You have great gifts from Him, S4T :)

And, they are as plain to me as the words in front of me that you just now said, for one thing, I can tell you speak from the heart, and, you want God to help you. That is good, you are asking God for help, He will help, for He is our 'Helper,' He in us. But, also,for another thing, an easy read for me, is what I seee: a neat design on the page of black and white and fonts and font sizes and just clearly a good design,so simply done. :)

God designed you and you are young so just follow Him and let Him lead you on your journey, brother, and, realize that those around you may not like your unconditional response to Love Christ when it comes to, maybe, being asked to back off, or, worse, deny Him. We do not want to deny Him, or, He will deny us He says.

Your life is from God and I am not sure what it all is, but I know it is good, for He says, through prophet Jeremiah, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not evil, for a future and hope." This is Jer. 29:11, I want you to go to read verses 12 and 13 on your own, praying to Jesus to bring His Spirit to your soul so you can really see how you can know Him more now, so you can find peace and Love and joy and caring and grace and mercy on the foundation you predicated your life on when you accepted Him, that foundation is Jesus Christ :) (1 Corinthians 3)

Keep on following Him, hang in there, life is tough, I was 23 once, there's a lot going on at that age, but God is bigger than all that is in your world that frightens you, frustrates you, makes you think that you can't just keep following Him. You can, you can, you can, through faith in His great goodness, you will be blessed with Him and His great way for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011

Actually, that idea is a common therapeutic tool. I say give it a try and explain that at the moment you are verbally incapable of expressing yourself. If the counselor is worth their salt, they'll work with you.

M

MidniteWelder

Would ya knock it off with that...
I sleep on the floor in the wood shed.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Yep. You really should. Any form of communication that will allow you to express yourself should be used!

Praying for you and your progress!

Steve

error

Oct 23, 2009
Lesson learned: never cheat or lie. It is not worth it. I was using tram - with no ticket today (I was toooooo lazy to walk 5 minutes walk). Then I lied that I have no money to pay for my 'mistake'. Anyway, on my way home- I was feeling very bad inside. Thanks God that we have such a beautiful gift called-the conscience.
images.jpg

"Whoever is faithful with very little is also faithful with a lot, and whoever is dishonest with very little is also dishonest with a lot."

Luke 10:16

Yes, I know I'm not perfect. I'm still learning.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
My heart grieves today for a family who lost their one year old daughter last night. :( Kids have a special place in my heart and to hear that one I knew has died is really saddening. But I also know that as hard as it might be, God has the bigger picture and though we might not know right now why this has happened, in the end it will all make sense.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Yesterday I helped move a friend to college. Left at 7:30 that morning from my house to go to her house (slept horrible then night before, got maybe 4-5 hours of sleep), left from there with a few other friends and her family for the 3 hour trip to her college, was with her all day through her registration and meetings, helped move her in, rearranged her room, shopped, said goodbye (hard), made the 3 hour trip back, got back to her house where my car was around 1 AM, meaning I got back to my house close to 1:30 AM. Took a shower (despite how late it is, it's hard to make myself go to bed without taking a shower first), finally collapsed into bed around 2 AM.

This month has been a blur. I can't believe it's the last week of August. I need a vacation, I am so tired in every way. I would love a couple of days out in the woods in a cabin in the mountains. No cell phone, no laptop, just time to myself. It sounds selfish but I think sometimes that's just what I need to recoup. Or maybe I'm just physically tired and it's affecting everything else. It sounds like I'm complaining; I'm content...just tired.