Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I've got snow! It was the prettiest snow I've seen in a while. The flakes at first were big and flat, like chips of ice, so they sparkled and glittered in the air and on the ground. They reminded me of the mica flakes I'd find as a kid when I was digging around in the dirt.

M

MissCris

Some people have just this kind of...energy, I guess...that fills up an entire room and steals from other people. Like they release this little invisible energy zapper that zooms around and sucks the life out of everyone else.

Why did I decide having one of those people over to visit was a good idea after getting precious little sleep?

Why am I not eating a ginormous turkey sandwich?

Why is there a circus tent in the middle of my living room?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It kind of drives me insane when someone wants to help, or thinks they're being helpful, when they have no idea what the problem is and don't bother to find out in order to know how to help. I want to feel like it shouldn't matter so long as that person's heart is in the right place...
but how "right" can their heart be if they don't care enough to find out what the problem is?

Does not God know the problem and if we are listening to God do we not do as God directs?
Personally Sister does anyone else really need to know? Even when they do know. I personally will not advise on my advice, learning to hear and do as God leads even when man objects in all his self righteousness

I

iTOREtheSKY

Ridiculous life updates from iTOREtheSKY #4869414 (warning...long...just skip over if of no interest)

So....just to let anyone know who's been following my silly "life struggles" as of late an update or two.
My credit union didn't even notice or seem to care that the check I presented them this past Monday had another 1st name on it,which I so artistically changed to my name with a blue pen. This was cool...praise God! It saved me having to track down this guy & his g/f and smote them for the screw up & somehow try & get my washer & dryer back. (ok,I wouldn't have smite...smoted? lol them..yeah)

Monday before work I called my apt. manager...he was cool about stuff. (again...Praise God) wasn't expecting him to act civil to be honest. Just told him I didn't have the 2K and that he'd have to in fact evict me. I would be out on/by the 3rd of Feb and if he wanted me to come by & sign the eviction notice or stop by after I got home from work I would do so. He just said that he trusted me and all he wanted was for me to call him when I was leaving to come do a walk-through of the place & get the keys from me...that he'd contact the owner (guy I pay my rent to who lives in CA) and let him know.

Kinda had a strange feeling all day at work I'd come home & have a message from the owner. But anyways...before I tell you all what his message said I'll just tell you what the guy I commute to work told me. He had this plan...because I had emailed him & asked if he'd be willing to drive me to NY if/when I got evicted,then I could stay with a friend of mine for a few weeks or whatever..etc...So he said He couldn't drive me to NY,but he'd use his credit card to buy me a train or a bus ticket,and take me to UPS and pay for whatever stuff I wanted to keep,have it mailed to wherever I am landing in NY. So I was like ..."wow"...that's pretty generous. Said he's take me around to tie up loose ends here on Friday or whatever. So I am currently researching a few thing's as far as travel...and I have to contact a friend in NY about an idea I have,which actually might be a better way of me getting there. I'm sort of worried about the transfer in Boston...lot's of deets about why,pointless to get into here...but yeah...so God is helping me get the heck outta dodge,er...so to speak.

Ok..so Monday was my last day at work..talked to my leader...everything was fine..they removed me from the schedule,and she was very supportive,understanding. So that was odd,because I was amazed that I felt a little sad,knowing I would never be back to work there again. I can honestly say that I have never made so much money an hour to basically do nothing,other than talk to people & sort hold their hands...lol but Yeah,it was oddly surreal turning in my badge & knowing I won't be back next season...or the year after or...well you get it.

One other amazing thing happened at work. In 7 years there I've never taken a call like this. I am actually feeling a little emotional as I type & share this with you,because this was 100% God. Like Him in some crazy way speaking to me through someone else.
I spent at least 15 or 20 mins talking to this man. He must have been in his 70's but he sounded like he was 50. This call was concerning a pair of pants he'd bought from us which he'd just now gotten around to wearing...but his wife washed them,and there was an issue with the pants,which we took care of. The thing is this...the story he asked if he could share with me if I had a minute... I told him "Sure..go ahead." Now mind you...there really was no reason for him to tell me this.After I asked him about when his wife purchased the pants & something about the account,he then said about his wife this & then hence,why he asked if he could share with me this story... he said:" I thank God every single day for my beautiful wife...she saved my life & has made me the happiest man ever...God knew what I wanted & she was everything,she was perfect for me,and we've been together for 49 years...since the day I picked her up in the gutter."

So I thought that was sweet..but sort of chuckled at the end where he said he picked her up in the gutter..I thought he might have been joking...and he sort of laughed too..but he said: "No,I'm serious...I truly did..that's where I found her"...I was like "Huh? what?" lol So he proceeded to tell me why...but to make a long story short...her & a few other women had been working in some sort of factory/business,whatever and I guess back in the day it wasn't entirely uncommon for whatever machine or something to do with an exhaust or whatever to catch on fire...but the smoke it would create was like horribly toxic and so what had happened is the people who'd been working had inhaled some of this smoke and they'd run out to the street...some actually were passed out..or sick..or half out of it. His now wife was the sister of the drunk friend in his backseat of the car,and his friends had said..I think I just saw my sister lying on the side of the street with some other women...so that's how this guy met his wife...they turned around went back,and he met her..literally helped her out of the gutter & too her and some other people to the hospital for help.
Anyways...so after telling me this story..he kept going on about how him & his wife go to church,and how much he loves her,how they have 2 kids & now 5 grand children..how she is the love of his life,and how every day he loves her more & more...about how God knew what he needed and has blessed them so richly with one another. He went on to say how no matter what in life comes at you that God is always watching you..caring for you...wanting all the best thing's for you.
In all my 7 years,I've NEVER had a customer talk or mention anything to me about God,or His goodness...or how in love they were with their spouse. The whole thing was just so amazing to listen to,and I told the guy I commute to work with this story on the way home,and he said :"That was God letting you know that he has your future under control,that thing's are gonna work out for you"...So yeah...I kinda think maybe that's the case...even though everything seems kinda a mess at the moment...there is promise of an awesome future.

*The thief comes to steal,kill & destroy* Seems like as soon as there is a moment where you are encouraged by God or His word...there's the devil bringing the cares of the world to your doorstep. Like a nightmarish door to door salesman. Relentless. Always trying new ways to get you to "buy" his product. Which is always fear,sadness,anxiety,worry,doubt..all those wonderful little horrors we pick up daily instead of clinging for dear life to the promises of God in His word through Christ Jesus.
...so...remember how I said that the owner of the building would call me? Just kinda knew there'd be a message for me flashing. Sure enough. I listened,as this man calmly oddly said: "So,I got a text this morning from the apt manager telling me that you don't have the 2K...what happened? I thought you were sending me the $$$...I'm just curious as to know your situation as to why you don't have the money.I would like to to call me...and just to let you know...I will be pursuing legal action against you..I will hire a lawyer and you will pay me every cent. Call me...thanks!"

So that's where I am on all that. I never called him. I'm not gonna argue with this guy. I'm not sure why he thinks I'm not going to pay him. I don't recall ever telling him that...and he has no reason to think I wouldn't. After all,he's the one who won't accept a few hundred $$$'s a week...he'd rather have yet another empty apartment that he has to heat than at least have an honest tenant giving him some money. So,we'll see what happens. I can't imagine he's go through all that...and besides..he's got my security deposit,so technically I only owe him like $1,300...anyways...so yeah...epic report about nothingness and my not really crazy but still sort of stressful life at the moment. Thanks for the prayers.

Sep 6, 2013
Ridiculous life updates from iTOREtheSKY #4869414 (warning...long...just skip over if of no interest)
Thank you for sharing this with us Jim. That message from God via the man on the phone really is amazing, and definitely was straight from the Lord, just for you. What a mighty God we serve, who speaks into our lives in such direct ways! Huge blessing about the guy you ride with helping you out with moving expenses as well. This all has to be frightening for you, I can't even imagine, but your spirit is strong and you seem to be handling it so well. I continue to pray for you.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Wow that's a lot of stuff I-Tore. I'm glad you had that conversation with that man at work on the phone. And I'm glad the manager of your building was kind to you about the situation.

Still praying for you.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Wow, Jim! Lot's of stuff going on! I like the little ways God shows us that we are still in his hands.

Meanwhile, back in California - the memorial service went well. I found out today that she was one of the "Rosie the Riveter" girls. How cool is THAT!

I

IloveyouGod

Liamson, you made me laugh my head off with those 2 posts!! :D Thanks for messaging me, I wouldn't have seen them!! :)
So you are not in trouble with me now!! :p

YES, that's my signature that bugs you!! keep going on brother!! :p

[h=1]didymos says it well. Precious things are not easy to be found and are so expensive to be owned as well!! [/h]

A hot wheels car should be so hidden in a happy meal, that a kid should have to get diabetes just to get the car he was looking for.

The perfect jelly doughnut should be so hidden in the church's coffee bar that a man should go to church religiously until he finds it.

I

IloveyouGod

Liamson, you made me laugh my head off with those 2 posts!! :D Thanks for messaging me, I wouldn't have seen them!! :)
So you are not in trouble with me now!! :p

YES, that's my signature that bugs you!! keep going on brother!! :p

[h=1]didymos says it well. Precious things are not easy to be found and are so expensive to be owned as well!![/h]

A Dodge Viper should be so hidden in the sales lot, that a man should have to work there to find one.

A free Drink should be so hidden in the punch-card at Subway, that a man should eat there for a month just to get one.

A Ticket to the Factory should be so hidden in Wonka Chocolate that a man should eat a Palette of it just to find one.

A man's money should be so hidden in his wallet that a woman should have to marry him just to find it.

A Late Night Infomercial should be so hidden in the Cable Channels that a man should have to buy the DISH premium package, just to find it.

G

GreenNnice

ItoreHis, the Lord leads, that's how He's leading you, the man speaking on the phone was from God. Not just that man either, but all things of our lives, IF we really dig in and listen, are from Him :)
That guy who has now been with his wife 49 years, saved his wife, literally, from a gutter, yet, he says that she saved his life too. I'm guessing, he used the words 'God knew what I wanted, she was perfect,' but, it doesn't sound like the man went into full detail but, I'm guessing, that man was down in the dumps and was thinking of taking his own life. I mean, why else would he say, 'She saved my life.'
His life was. figuratively, in the gutter and God had him pick up a wife in the gutter , not the 'gutter of life,' but , an actual, literal gutter ! Amazing story, really. And, God will work that way in ALL our lives, in His own way, not necesarily finding us a wife, but finding us the connection that we can see that is perfect for us. Let's all hope we are not saying that 'thing' God brings is going to 'save our life,' but, it could, and, so, that said, it's best to have faith in Christ and realize that we are all on a suffering road together, that's what Peter says, married, single, IF you are IN CHRIST, living your life, then, you will suffer, read 1 and 2 Peter, and, surely, Paul speaks of this 'sufferage' too, for the sake of Christ.

Philippians 4 comes to mind, and, what do you know, I posted these verses in the Bible Discussion forum just yesterday, so, to me, anyway, the Lord leads, but, these are powerful verses that explain how we can choose to live our life, KNOWING already that though we suffer we ARE saved . There is NO hopelessness in the knowledge of Christ Jesus our Lord knowing of Him, and, what He did to save us from death, from sin, forevermore, by His blood that COVERS us from that cross :)

Philippians 3:

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[SUP]a[/SUP] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

That said, Joe, brother, I'm glad they cashed that check ;) Now, with the owner upset, I would tell him that you would like to set up where you are sending him $25 a month for your rent until you've paid off the $1300. Pray about that. I've had times like yours now, and, the Lord just has us do what He has us do. When I crashed my car into another car and had no insurance and caused $10,000 worth of damage to my life and someone elses--my car totaled, doctor bills for whiplash, work loss of those I hit--that's what God told me to do. Others were speaking, like a mediary and she said, 'Yeah, yeah, just pay it, don't get into an argument about it, $25 a month, pay it, it will be best that way.'

That's, maybe, not the Lord's leading on your life but I wanted to say that brother, Jim, because I love ya and I know God wants us to have faith in Him for our lives, and, this, seemingly, seems like a time of your life that God is really asking you to trust in Him and He's already provided someone to buy your bus ticket to NY or Boston, wherever He leads you.

I'm praying for you, too, may He be your guide :)

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
My husband is a mail man and this video made me think of him. He's been bitten by dogs, but never attacked by a cat. This is funny. [video=youtube_share;3UXfME7Bsjo]http://youtu.be/3UXfME7Bsjo[/video]

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
In order for the Pearl analogy to work, we have to assume that the Pearl is of more value than the field. But this is the opposite of the Maya Angelou Quote. Which is why the WMD in the Oil one is probably the most accurate equivalent analogy I could come up with.

graph for values.jpg

The only way that I can think of this quote actually working is in the Movie Aladdin.
In Aladdin, when he goes into the Cave of Wonders. He is there for one specific purpose, to get the Lamp with the Genie. Apu and Carpet are there, thats great. So, Magic Carpet should be so lost in the Cave of wonders that Aladdin has to seek the Lamp to find Carpet.

But to seek Christ for Christ is the point.

And as a Man I should be able to seek a woman and find a woman.

If I am pursuing Christ and find a woman instead, I have settled terribly. But people go to Church to find a wife all the time.

Maya Angelou.png

I made a Cheesy Mathematical Representation of why I don't like the quote.

Essentially A Man Seeking Christ is not the same as a man finding Christ and a Woman.

A Man with the Power of Christ in Pursuit of a Woman with the Power of Christ = a man and woman with the power of Christ in pursuit of Christ.

A man pursuing a woman without Christ equals a man and woman without Christ divided by death.

K

kenthomas27

I've got snow! It was the prettiest snow I've seen in a while. The flakes at first were big and flat, like chips of ice, so they sparkled and glittered in the air and on the ground. They reminded me of the mica flakes I'd find as a kid when I was digging around in the dirt.
I'd forgotten but yeah....just like mica....

Mica.png

K

kenthomas27

I hear these two horrible people are getting a divorce.

PUKE.jpg

I wonder who gets custody of the jackal.

P

persNickety

Well as long as the fellow sticks by his word to hold the car, I should have a car by next week

P

persNickety

In order for the Pearl analogy to work, we have to assume that the Pearl is of more value than the field. But this is the opposite of the Maya Angelou Quote. Which is why the WMD in the Oil one is probably the most accurate equivalent analogy I could come up with.

View attachment 70867

The only way that I can think of this quote actually working is in the Movie Aladdin.
In Aladdin, when he goes into the Cave of Wonders. He is there for one specific purpose, to get the Lamp with the Genie. Apu and Carpet are there, thats great. So, Magic Carpet should be so lost in the Cave of wonders that Aladdin has to seek the Lamp to find Carpet.

But to seek Christ for Christ is the point.

And as a Man I should be able to seek a woman and find a woman.

If I am pursuing Christ and find a woman instead, I have settled terribly. But people go to Church to find a wife all the time.

View attachment 70868

I made a Cheesy Mathematical Representation of why I don't like the quote.

Essentially A Man Seeking Christ is not the same as a man finding Christ and a Woman.

A Man with the Power of Christ in Pursuit of a Woman with the Power of Christ = a man and woman with the power of Christ in pursuit of Christ.

A man pursuing a woman without Christ equals a man and woman without Christ divided by death.
You are pretty much a genius.