Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

ServantStrike

I just registered for my adult ballet class and my beginning ballroom classes. I do love to dance. Ballet is my favorite because it's SO disciplined. The movement and structure is so comforting... I miss it when we go on summer break.

Before anyone gets any ideas? I'm not a good dancer, but I do love to dance.
Is ballet something that one can step into (pun intended) right away?

I always figured everybody went with the ball room dancing because it was easier, and probably quite a bit of fun.

How do they deal with the whole... dance partner thing? I waited to take any kind of lessons because well, without a partner it seemed like no fun. Probably silly but it was a consideration in my mind.

Apr 15, 2014
Well, I've been dancing ballet for 3 years as an adult. Your body doesn't have the flexibility it did when you were a little kid (when most start - when I started), but I can still bend and stretch and hold poses much better than I did when I started.

It's amazing for flexibility and core strength, as well as tensile muscle strength. Ballet is all about the disciplining the mind/body connection. LOVE IT.

Most ballroom classes have an abundance of women, and as a man, you'd get plenty of practice leading and partnering. According to my dance instructor, there are always enough to partner, but not always male-female partnerships... but it's a class, right? :) To me it's another form of exercise which works for me. And? Who knows who I might meet? I have a few nice female friends from taking ballet. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
i'm just a clueless penguin. lol

i can easily tell when a guy likes some other girl, but i can never tell when it comes to me. i think it's because i'm so used to being the friend. OH! and because idk how to flirt, if a guy was interested in the past, the poor fellow had no clue whether or not to pursue? gah. seriously, i've only had one guy ask me out, and he just stirred up the courage to ask me cuz i never gave him any clues lol

y'all pray for me cuz i need help. lol!!!!!

i need ice cream in my life.
Well shoot, we can fix that. What are you doing Saturday night? I know where there's a good ice cream place that has something better than that Sonic low-fat junk. :cool:

Just kidding, just kidding! You probably live too far away anyway, the gas alone would kill my budget.

S

ServantStrike

Well, I've been dancing ballet for 3 years as an adult. Your body doesn't have the flexibility it did when you were a little kid (when most start - when I started), but I can still bend and stretch and hold poses much better than I did when I started.

It's amazing for flexibility and core strength, as well as tensile muscle strength. Ballet is all about the disciplining the mind/body connection. LOVE IT.

Most ballroom classes have an abundance of women, and as a man, you'd get plenty of practice leading and partnering. According to my dance instructor, there are always enough to partner, but not always male-female partnerships... but it's a class, right? :) To me it's another form of exercise which works for me. And? Who knows who I might meet? I have a few nice female friends from taking ballet. :)
Oh ballet is quite good for the body, no denying that.

I should have probably looked into these dance lessons sooner from the sound of it...

The women are so plentiful, they have dance with each other. Sweet mercy, singe men everywhere should start taking dancing lessons!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
"You Make Me Feel Like Dancin'...."

Guys, who needs match.com or eharmony when there are open enrollments for dance classes everywhere!

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Well shoot, we can fix that. What are you doing Saturday night? I know where there's a good ice cream place that has something better than that Sonic low-fat junk. :cool:

Just kidding, just kidding! You probably live too far away anyway, the gas alone would kill my budget.
so what you're saying is... you're not willing to spend a few dollars on gas so i could get ice cream??? :(

haha jk. wait. sonic has low-fat junk? wat?? this hurts my feelings.

V

VioletReigns

Awwww! You're so sweet. It was the thought that counted. :)

Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, I want a Christian cheese burger, with a Christian coke with a side of Christian fries.

*turns*

You want anything? They got Christian salad. Not sure about the nuggets, though. I think they're Hindu. I hear the "Christian" buns are actually Buddhist.

M

MissCris

AND THEN THERE WAS A RANDOM DUDE WANDERING AROUND IN LADY UNDERPANTS.

I just...what is this I don't even...

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
For your entertainment.....

[video=youtube;7-NOZU2iPA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8[/video]

S

Shouryu

Taco Tuesday. Don't even act like you aren't jealous.

temp.temp_taken_picture.jpg

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
wait...

who's dating whom? (did i say it correctly? gah.)

i can't keep up anymore. maybe someone should send me a weekly newsletter with the latest gossip... errr... i mean, latest news. yes. news of what's going on here.
Well, I didn't think it was common knowledge around the forums yet, but I am in a rather serious long term relationship with my computer. We've been together 7 years. Sometimes I think about looking around at newer models, but then I remember that I'm quite happy with my current significant machine other and he meets all my needs. Besides, there's a pretty big initial investment in a new relationship like that.

My eyes are literally popping out of their sockets.

Where is this heavenly place and how do I get there???

(Who needs a significant other when they are places like this...)
You get the significant other so that they pay when you go to such places. Isn't that the whole reason for having a human significant other? There are some things computers just can't do :(

Jul 25, 2012
Too "Earthly" for Christian girls. Too "Christian" for other girls.

Man... ain't that a load of mush. Either side has an excuse or their own reasons for not wanting to hook up. Maybe I wasn't meant for a love life.

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

*looks at guitar*

At least I got her. Lol

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
Hopefully that person I sent a friend request to on Facebook will see this, otherwise, I sent a random friend request to a complete and utter stranger. Although, I have to admit, he is a little strange.

(Cat, please tell that was you.)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Over thinking tonight. Haven't done that in a while. I don't miss it. Bleh.