Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So this book is kind of like a modern "Pilgrim's Progress" with zombies?

T

Tintin

So this book is kind of like a modern "Pilgrim's Progress" with zombies?
Less outrageously allegorical and actually funny, but I guess that would be a reasonable comparison.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Mistakes make people wiser. A mistake is not a character flaw. Have you ever been attracted to a bad girl? I don't resent guys who choose bad girls. I feel sorry for them because they are being used and deceived. Its the bad girl that I don't like.
Making a mistake is not a character flaw. Repeating that mistake multiple times and whining about how things never work out for you and how unlucky you are, well that's another story. How much is sheer stupidity and inability to understand cause and effect and how much is character flaw probably varies with the situation. And both guys and gals do it.

People have to give you reputation points for your posts (the little star button at bottom of each post). But rep power has nothing to do with the little green bars under your name if that's what you were thinking... that has to do with how active you are in the forums, and exactly how it works is a mystery..
I believe it works out to you get a 1 rep power for every 100 rep points people give you plus one rep power for every 1000 posts you make. Plus 1 rep power for every year you are a member. That gets me close to my rep power at least. But I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate. But hopefully I shed some light on this mystery.

T

Tintin

It's hard to find a Christian book with good humor, so I'll give this a try.
That it is, that it is.

Here's a great Christian humour story. I know people find different things funny, but I laughed my butt off reading this book. It's really good! Convicting too.

2642470.jpg

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
Wow you are blessed with a husband like that, Lin! I wish I could be like that! :eek: Did you marry Jesus???
Lol! Yes, Gabe, I'm a nun. :p
I realize I was blessed very much, with a husband like mine. I'm pretty sure all the other guys I've ever known/courted, none of them could have handled all of my insanity. Mine is a blessing.
He came home this morning, around 5:30... And had to leave again for 3 days, to work. I'm exhausted, and I really want my husband home for more than 3 hours. :(

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
I like an alpha male, not a bad boy. There's a difference.

My husband is neither. But that's okay. God knew what He was doing when He lead me to my husband... Or my husband to me, as this case may be. He drove 4 hours to help someone at my grandma's house, and I just happened to be living at my grandma's house at the time. He also fell in love with my daughter that day too. Should have been my first clue that he was the one, lol.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
People have to give you reputation points for your posts (the little star button at bottom of each post). But rep power has nothing to do with the little green bars under your name if that's what you were thinking... that has to do with how active you are in the forums, and exactly how it works is a mystery..
Hahaha, its not?! Pffft I always figured thats what it was : p

Would like to know what those little green dots are, then : p I should befriend a mod : p

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I believe it works out to you get a 1 rep power for every 100 rep points people give you plus one rep power for every 1000 posts you make. Plus 1 rep power for every year you are a member. That gets me close to my rep power at least. But I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate. But hopefully I shed some light on this mystery.
Yup, dunno how I missed this. Literally just now read this post, apparently I totally skipped it >.>

*coughs awkwardly*

Huglife

Aug 15, 2016
It's been a while...

Anyway, so my friend got me into attack on titan, an anime show from Japan, so I have begun learning jappenese. I've just been like, a fantasy nerd mixing with anime. And it sounds weird trying to speak japppenese with a southern accent lol

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
The Teacher I work with turned 50 today. When she told the kid's one of them said, 50! I thought you'd be dead by 50! Awe Preschoolers, lol.

M

MollyConnor

Fenner, is that your cat? He has huge eyes! So cute!

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Let me tell men something, be happy you don't experience PMS, unless you're married then you do experience it.

Aug 2, 2009
Hahaha, its not?! Pffft I always figured thats what it was : p

Would like to know what those little green dots are, then : p I should befriend a mod : p
It's what some forums call a health meter. Its based on how active you are in the forums. Its something to do how often you post compared to how long you've been a member... If you take a hiatus like a month or so you'll see some green bars disappear and you cant just make a bunch of posts to get them back. Its some kind of algorythym thing..

E

Eternallife

You know sometimes we walk the earth and think our enemies of Christianity are really somewhere lurking out of site but it is possible they are driving around in bmws and running businesses because they may be receiving their reward right now. Also when we are insulted we shouldn't really take offense because it is part of creation and how the Creator created us. The flesh and the spirit are at enmity and it will always be that way until Christ returns and completely destroys the ungodly. Also we should never think that people in the flesh or getting away with anything and that some here maybe receiving punishment from the Lord in ways we can never understand. And they will still be at enmity with the spirit even while being continually punished for doing so. All I know is if there is one thing we ought to learn from this current age it is that Christ is to be obeyed completely and that God punishes the disobedient in ways we should all take heed to.

E

Eternallife

You know sometimes we walk the earth and think our enemies of Christianity are really somewhere lurking out of site but it is possible they are driving around in bmws and running businesses because they may be receiving their reward right now. Also when we are insulted we shouldn't really take offense because it is part of creation and how the Creator created us. The flesh and the spirit are at enmity and it will always be that way until Christ returns and completely destroys the ungodly. Also we should never think that people in the flesh or getting away with anything and that some here maybe receiving punishment from the Lord in ways we can never understand. And they will still be at enmity with the spirit even while being continually punished for doing so. All I know is if there is one thing we ought to learn from this current age it is that Christ is to be obeyed completely and that God punishes the disobedient in ways we should all take heed to.
are not or typo in my message I'm currently replying to.

M

MollyConnor

She had them apple bottom jeans, boots with da furrrr...:p

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
It's what some forums call a health meter. Its based on how active you are in the forums. Its something to do how often you post compared to how long you've been a member... If you take a hiatus like a month or so you'll see some green bars disappear and you cant just make a bunch of posts to get them back. Its some kind of algorythym thing..
I wonder if mental health might have some correlation with a few people's post counts.

A lot of people are active posters - however it has been spread over a long time frame. There are people who have been members on here for 6 years and there are a few who have been on for just over 2 years and they have almost up to 48,000 posts.

That's about 50 posts a day. Some of them average to around 10 a day. I understand that many people may have limitations that keep them from doing anything else - so perhaps arguing and posting all over CC seems to be their only best option then.

*Shrugs*

I am just glad settings allow PMs to come only from friends on here. From my recent experience, that's the last thing I want to deal with - conversations with such people with questionable backgrounds.

Nope. Just nope.