Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Oh yes. It's like that here. It's worse actually. I live in an area where Starbucks thrives. There is one spot where a target is...in the target there is a Starbucks, and in the shopping center right beside the target there is a Starbucks and less than a mile away on the other side of the target there is another Starbucks. So...no worries. We're good. If you need overrated coffee my city is the place to be.

Our Target and Barnes and Noble have Starbucks, then there's one across the road and one down the street from that one and then one in the mall that is connected to the parking lot of the other Starbucks. I don't like their coffee.

T

Tintin

th-Matthew-Vines-and-his-book-God-and-the-Gay-Christian.jpg

On the recommendation of a friend, I read this book. In "God and the Gay Christian", Matthew Vines synthesizes arguments from a variety of sources to put forward a biblical case in support of monogamous, loving, same-sex relationships. Having read the book, I can sympathize with Vines' struggles and he had a good writing style, but I wasn't convinced. I don't believe that to alleviate our guilt we should try to justify our sins. Vines throws logic and biblical context out the window. If this is his attempt at exegesis, I don't want to see his eisegesis.

5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PinkDiamond

Starbucks is way over rated. Give me a Tim Hortons Cuppachino any day, Starbucks is way to bitter.
Haha, I'm a Canadian and I prefer Starbucks :D I get far too excited every fall when pumpkin spice lattes are available. Tim Hortons does have good coffee though.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
My 7.95 Viking Helmet that I ordered for a child who no longer wishes to wear it has shipped. I've decided I will give it to my Husband for Christmas with a bottle of Old Spice cologne, just to confuse him.

P

PinkDiamond

My 7.95 Viking Helmet that I ordered for a child who no longer wishes to wear it has shipped. I've decided I will give it to my Husband for Christmas with a bottle of Old Spice cologne, just to confuse him.
Maybe your son is a Packers fan? Just kidding, I know you are referring to a costume helmet and not a football one.

What kid doesn't want to wear a Viking helmet? I always thought the Viking helmets looked very cool.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Maybe your son is a Packers fan? Just kidding, I know you are referring to a costume helmet and not a football one.

What kid doesn't want to wear a Viking helmet? I always thought the Viking helmets looked very cool.
Me too! It was supposed to be for one of their school costumes but I guess it doesn't work, I don't know. What do I know about the Hun Dynasty? I can't wait for this to be over.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

Me too! It was supposed to be for one of their school costumes but I guess it doesn't work, I don't know. What do I know about the Hun Dynasty? I can't wait for this to be over.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Haha, I'm a Canadian and I prefer Starbucks :D I get far too excited every fall when pumpkin spice lattes are available. Tim Hortons does have good coffee though.

I like their iced tea, lol. I did have an extra caffeinated morning blend from there one time that was good and it worked. I'm not a big coffee drinker but every now and then I want some either French Vanilla or black. I like cappuccino but I don't like those flavored creamers. I'm weird.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
on my drive to work, i was remembering my senior year in high school. dad lost his job. i remember being angry with God because i was about to graduate from high school, and dad wasn't working.

i applied for a nice scholarship, but i knew from the beginning competition was tough. i turned in the application in february. in may, i got a letter saying i was a semi-finalist. i worked that summer to save up money. i honestly didn't know how i was going to pay for college. dad was still unemployed. one summer day, while i was at work, i called him to say i wanted chicken for lunch (after work). turned out, right before i called, he was outside with the dog. she found $20 in the lawn. we had lunch money :)

i kept planning to move to school even though i didn't have enough money. early august, i got a letter in the mail saying i was a finalist for the scholarship i applied for in february. i was relieved to know that i had help for my first year. 2nd year, we will figure it out. during my 1st semester, all the finalist for the scholarship were invited to a conference in L.A. with all expenses paid, so i went! lol. there i found out my scholarship could be renewed up to 5 yrs. my college education is paid for.

as i was thinking about all this during my drive, i looked at my rearview mirror. i saw the sunrise.

:eek:

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Blond Jokes

How many blonds does it take to make Chocolate Chip Cookies?
The answer is 5. One to stir the mixture and four to peel the M&Ms

How do you make a blond laugh on Saturday?
Tell her a joke on Wednesday

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
So today at work we assigned each other nick names.

From now on Im "Raindrop".

I approved of this new nick name : p

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I actually really like the name Pataki, it makes me think of like some kind of spotted pickled meat youd find in some small eastern European country : p Is a neat name.

U

Ultimatum77

I actually really like the name Pataki, it makes me think of like some kind of spotted pickled meat youd find in some small eastern European country : p Is a neat name.
It reminds me of George Pataki former governor of NY.

U

Ultimatum77

So today at work we assigned each other nick names.

From now on Im "Raindrop".

I approved of this new nick name : p
Your new theme song will be "raindrops fallin on my head" song ;P

U

Ultimatum77

Haha, did not know it was a real name, neat : p
Yea I remember hearing about this guy a few years back and the name sounded familiar plus hey arnold has buildings/city scape like NY but don't remember where hey arnold was set in? It's been so long ago lol.....those were the days of screaming "hey football head" lol ;)