Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Good news! I was in surgery for 90 minutes and the doc removed adhesions that were causing an area of my small intestines to compress, which caused my blockages four times this year. Thank goodness for epidurals....not in too much pain right now :)
GetWellSoon3.gif
. .

Apr 18, 2013
David Bowie
Diamond Dogs

---------------
As they pulled you out of the oxygen tent
you asked for the latest party

With your silicon hump and your ten inch stump
Dressed like a priest you was,

Is that guy a Bowie fan or what? cool

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Post was reported to a mod. I mention this so the mod won't get a deluge of post reports.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
That moment when you're renewing yet another 3-year service contract, and you immediately think, "3 YEARS??? That's a LONG time. My life could be SO MUCH DIFFERENT 3 years from now."

And then you think about all the other times you've signed contracts that stretched over several years at a time... And each time, you thought that your life might be vastly different at the end of each term. Then you realize you've literally signed a dozen such contracts, and they've all come to pass, and nothing has really changed.

That moment when you realize that all your days... are actually all bleeding into one, continuous, ink-black night... and it never seems to end.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
when someone dies in a protest, your first thought shouldn't be "she got what she deserved for protesting the wrong side", we should be more empathetic and pretty much better people than that.

May 25, 2015
You mean bioengineered, don't you. Cause I've thought that myself. She's real pretty so....you know. Something got tampered with.
I'm glad you were smart enough to know she meant bioengineered. ;)

Because last time I checked, I was extremely straight.

U

Ugly

I have a huge playlist of almost every genre on my player. I just went from thrash to American Patrol by Glenn Miller... That sudden, drastic switch was almost too much for me.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have a huge playlist of almost every genre on my player. I just went from thrash to American Patrol by Glenn Miller... That sudden, drastic switch was almost too much for me.
Yeah, that's why I don't put my music collection on shuffle. Going from bluegrass gospel to christian hard rock to southern gospel to black choir, all in four songs, is a bit too much of a jump, a bit too often.

U

Ugly

Yeah, that's why I don't put my music collection on shuffle. Going from bluegrass gospel to christian hard rock to southern gospel to black choir, all in four songs, is a bit too much of a jump, a bit too often.
I used to hate the idea. But my musical tastes are changing, so i find it fun to go from death metal, to reggae, to a movie score, to rockabilly, to 80s metal, to rap, to PMJ, to punk, etc... etc... etc...
Normally i'm fine with it, just that one time it really messed with me haha.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Sunset from yesterday evening. It's been a while since I've taken a photo of one, but still love them just the same.

G

Galatea

I don't know the response this will get but, for me Greek mythology is probably the most interesting and most entertaining series of stories ever written. I've been hooked for years,and then Percy Jackson movies to a big crap on it.
I haven't read the Percy Jackson books, but was appalled when the students told me the girl character is Athena's daughter. Athena is a virgin. It made me wonder if the author of the Jackson series even read any Greek mythology.