Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sheba001

am reading book of Enoch .very slowly..but it makes you think why was it taken out..lots of questions

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I haven't slept well in years, but some nights are worse than others.

For those of you with sleeping problems, talk to your doctor about Trazadone. I use it most every night. When I don't I don't sleep very well at all. It is non-habit forming and helps me get a good night's sleep.

T

toinena

I think life is pretty good as it is. If it could stop raining, it would be great. If I could have done every reading and work task I should have done already it would be even better. But I have Jesus in my life, and all is well.

Aug 2, 2009
For those of you with sleeping problems, talk to your doctor about Trazadone. I use it most every night. When I don't I don't sleep very well at all. It is non-habit forming and helps me get a good night's sleep.
I liked this for the suggestion, but simple melatonin seems to work for me.

Aug 2, 2009
I think life is pretty good as it is. If it could stop raining, it would be great. If I could have done every reading and work task I should have done already it would be even better. But I have Jesus in my life, and all is well.
I wish I could be that positive about mine. :rolleyes:

Z
Flies will try for hours to escape through a closed window.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Please stop asking me what I'm going to do with my PhD.

1. You don't really care. We both know it. Stop pretending. It insults my very high intelligence.

2. In reality, my PhD is just the most recent of a long list of accomplishments in my life. I have a 3" thick, 3-ring binder bursting at the seams of crap I've done. I keep them merely to symbolize "yep, did it". From my Presidential Academic Fitness Award in 1987, up through my Certificates of Commendation from the United States Marine Corps, through m academic degrees and my certification as an Oblate of Saint Benedict...they are just "things I've done".

3. I'm under no obligation to do anything with any of it. It has no effect on what you call a life. It's just something I've done to keep me distracted from my existence of lifting my Dad on and off the toilet multiple times a day, fetching his medications, and generally being a butler...none of which I wanted...and all of which were thrust upon me without any asking. I resent my life, and the pursuit of a PhD is just a way to occupy my time.

4. A PhD is meaningless. It has no meaning whatsoever. It signifies nothing. I'm just as big an idiot now as I was before I started the process, but now I know how to conceptualize a research project and BS the result to make it sound as though I know what I am talking about. I don't. It's all fake.

So, quit blowing smoke up my butt. You don't really care, and I know it. I don't care and I never will. Once I am graduated with another fancy piece of paper to put in my binder, I'll find something to do...something easy since I am lazy as crap...and something where I can do the bare minimum to get by. If that offends you, deal with it. Get off my back.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

1. You don't really care. We both know it. Stop pretending. It insults my very high intelligence.

2. In reality, my PhD is just the most recent of a long list of accomplishments in my life. I have a 3" thick, 3-ring binder bursting at the seams of crap I've done. I keep them merely to symbolize "yep, did it". From my Presidential Academic Fitness Award in 1987, up through my Certificates of Commendation from the United States Marine Corps, through m academic degrees and my certification as an Oblate of Saint Benedict...they are just "things I've done".

3. I'm under no obligation to do anything with any of it. It has no effect on what you call a life. It's just something I've done to keep me distracted from my existence of lifting my Dad on and off the toilet multiple times a day, fetching his medications, and generally being a butler...none of which I wanted...and all of which were thrust upon me without any asking. I resent my life, and the pursuit of a PhD is just a way to occupy my time.

4. A PhD is meaningless. It has no meaning whatsoever. It signifies nothing. I'm just as big an idiot now as I was before I started the process, but now I know how to conceptualize a research project and BS the result to make it sound as though I know what I am talking about. I don't. It's all fake.

So, quit blowing smoke up my butt. You don't really care, and I know it. I don't care and I never will. Once I am graduated with another fancy piece of paper to put in my binder, I'll find something to do...something easy since I am lazy as crap...and something where I can do the bare minimum to get by. If that offends you, deal with it. Get off my back.
So...

About that Ph.D... :cool:

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I'll take "Crawling under a rock and shutting the world away" for 500, Alex.

M

MollyConnor

Dude, I didn't even know you were getting a PhD.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

So when is the big date...

When we start having to address you as "Dr. Yahweh"... :p

(Hey, you've earned it. I'll be more than happy to call you by that title.)